Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2548301 times)

Starsky

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #8085 on: August 24, 2021, 02:08:59 pm »
It’s not entirely surprising except we were told he was undergoing a minor procedure and rejoining tour in future! That’s what makes it shocking to me

Same thing that happened with Dusty Hill

Same playbook even announcing “temporary” replacement

People don’t give Charlie much credit but he had some drumming “moves” and when you hear them you know it’s him…

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8086 on: August 24, 2021, 02:16:30 pm »
Soon there will be no greats left other than Chris Barron.

and keith richards.  he'll outlive us all.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #8087 on: August 24, 2021, 02:19:48 pm »
That was one of my first thoughts..on what planet does Keef outlive Watts?

Insanity

But the truth is Keef had a very bad 10-15 years (1970-1985 or so) and the rest is just image and stories

And genes always trump image

evilizac

« Reply #8088 on: August 24, 2021, 02:20:39 pm »
I get the whole "people die every day" argument, but man, The Stones left a major cultural and artistic impact and good chances that they would have been a much lesser band without Charlie Watts. Plus, from all accounts, he was a mild mannered (minus the time he clocked Mick for calling him "his drummer") and pretty solid human being. That and I would easily place him as my favorite drummer, rock or otherwise.
Definitely glad that I caught them two years back after all my hemming and hawing.
WHAT?

Space Freely

« Reply #8089 on: August 24, 2021, 02:33:44 pm »

Insanity

But the truth is Keef had a very bad 10-15 years (1970-1985 or so) and the rest is just image and stories

Were either of them still smoking cigarettes?

Starsky

« Reply #8090 on: August 24, 2021, 02:37:51 pm »

Insanity

I don’t think either smoke(d) except “Keef” maybe for a very occasional fake picture

People have no idea how much Keef has slowed down….like at least 15 years ago! It’s downright embarrassing

Not to mention Ron Wood has been doing all the heavy lifting on guitar for at least 15 years

Space Freely

« Reply #8091 on: August 24, 2021, 02:49:42 pm »

Insanity

I don’t think either smoke(d) except “Keef” maybe for a very occasional fake picture

People have no idea how much Keef has slowed down….like at least 15 years ago! It’s downright embarrassing

Not to mention Ron Wood has been doing all the heavy lifting on guitar for at least 15 years

This says Keith smoked until October 2019.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-rolling-stones-keith-richards-has-finally-quit-smoking-2606213

This says Charlie was an excessive smokers until the late 80's. Sometime the damage is done. My mom quit smoking in her 40's, but I don't think her respiratory system has ever fully recovered.

https://www.cancerhorizons.com/cancer-champions/rock-n-roll-musicians/charlie-watts/

By the way, my middle name is "Keith" and I hate it. Keith Richards is about the only cool thing about the name (imo), so I'm going to call him Keith, not Keef.

Yada

« Reply #8092 on: August 24, 2021, 02:52:02 pm »
This Keith says otherwise.

Starsky

« Reply #8093 on: August 24, 2021, 02:55:03 pm »
Yeah well don’t believe every bullshit you read….Keith has had a vested interest in pushing a certain image for four decades now…

I know at least one boardie that named their kid Keith

Space Freely

« Reply #8094 on: August 24, 2021, 02:59:10 pm »
Yeah well don’t believe every bullshit you read….Keith has had a vested interest in pushing a certain image for four decades now…

I know at least one boardie that named their kid Keith

Alright, maybe most Keith's are Kool, and I'm the exception to the rule.

shemptiness

« Reply #8095 on: August 24, 2021, 03:09:26 pm »
C'mon man - Keith Moon!

Space Freely

« Reply #8096 on: August 24, 2021, 03:12:27 pm »
C'mon man - Keith Moon!

I was born in 1967. Are you guys saying I may have been named after members of the Stones and the Who? Thanks for making me feel better about myself!

It seems more likely my parents would have named me after Pat Boone or Fabian. Or maybe Hank Williams if I were lucky,

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8097 on: August 24, 2021, 03:15:46 pm »
C'mon man - Keith Moon!

I was born in 1967. Are you guys saying I may have been named after members of the Stones and the Who? Thanks for making me feel better about myself!

It seems more likely my parents would have named me after Pat Boone or Fabian. Or maybe Hank Williams if I were lucky,

So many Keithes to choose from!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_(given_name)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #8098 on: August 24, 2021, 03:17:36 pm »
Keith Partridge dude

C'mon man - Keith Moon!

Space Freely

« Reply #8099 on: August 24, 2021, 03:21:16 pm »
Keith Partridge dude

C'mon man - Keith Moon!

And the most urban guy in country music...