Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600608 times)

Starsky

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #9120 on: November 06, 2022, 09:17:05 pm »
Unbelievable…only 55

I think they opened for somebody at Anthem a few months ago but I missed it

Space Freely

« Reply #9121 on: November 06, 2022, 10:01:33 pm »
Coy Gibbs, 49. Joe Gibbs' other son. Oldest son also died at 49.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9122 on: November 07, 2022, 01:48:14 am »
they canceled that....they were supposed to open for Death Cab for Cutie. 

Huge loss.....  :'(

Unbelievable…only 55

I think they opened for somebody at Anthem a few months ago but I missed it
(_|_)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9123 on: November 07, 2022, 10:33:34 am »
they canceled that....they were supposed to open for Death Cab for Cutie. 
Very late stage ovarian cancer probably makes playing shows a no-go.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9124 on: November 08, 2022, 02:12:32 pm »
Member of The Wrens passing along a story about how they finally chose Low as the name of the band, only to find out after the pressed up some singles that Low already existed

https://twitter.com/thewrens/status/1590003837200277505?s=46&t=F8DJ5UIybIudVMkDFUXttw
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9125 on: November 08, 2022, 02:30:43 pm »
Julian's America would like to request - nay, demands - that you respect their privacy in these devastating times.  no formal statements should be expected.  this is a pain and a loss that will take a while to internalize.

"With his love of racehorses, sports cars, parties and excursions abroad, Mr. Rothschild might have become an international playboy. He failed economics and dropped out of Cambridge University, seemed happier on polo grounds than in banking circles in the City, and had little taste for high finance or investment strategies.

But the Rothschild name and history weighed upon him. Sir Evelyn’s father was the chairman, and his great-great-grandfather the founder, of N.M. Rothschild & Sons, the British branch of the family banking empire that began in 18th-century Frankfurt, Germany, and that, with its networks of couriers and spies, financial wizardry and political alliances, spread across Europe, making fortunes and influencing the destinies of nations for 200 years.

The Rothschilds had financed the armies of Europe in the Napoleonic Wars, salvaged the Bank of England in a liquidity crisis, was instrumental in passage of the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833, and financed Britain’s 1875 purchase of a controlling interest in the Suez Canal. It had even helped finance construction of the Underground, London’s subway system."
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9126 on: November 08, 2022, 03:02:07 pm »
Dan McCafferty – lead vocals for Nazareth (1968–2013)

T.Rex

« Reply #9127 on: November 08, 2022, 04:22:10 pm »
Julian's America would like to request - nay, demands - that you respect their privacy in these devastating times.  no formal statements should be expected.  this is a pain and a loss that will take a while to internalize.

"With his love of racehorses, sports cars, parties and excursions abroad, Mr. Rothschild might have become an international playboy. He failed economics and dropped out of Cambridge University, seemed happier on polo grounds than in banking circles in the City, and had little taste for high finance or investment strategies.

But the Rothschild name and history weighed upon him. Sir Evelyn’s father was the chairman, and his great-great-grandfather the founder, of N.M. Rothschild & Sons, the British branch of the family banking empire that began in 18th-century Frankfurt, Germany, and that, with its networks of couriers and spies, financial wizardry and political alliances, spread across Europe, making fortunes and influencing the destinies of nations for 200 years.

The Rothschilds had financed the armies of Europe in the Napoleonic Wars, salvaged the Bank of England in a liquidity crisis, was instrumental in passage of the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833, and financed Britain’s 1875 purchase of a controlling interest in the Suez Canal. It had even helped finance construction of the Underground, London’s subway system."

We are cracking open the Opus One verticals tonight to drown our sorrows.
LVMH

« Reply #9128 on: November 08, 2022, 04:32:46 pm »
I assume you will pour a whole bottle out in her honor
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9129 on: November 08, 2022, 05:14:07 pm »

wouldn't a Château Mouton or Château Lafite be more appropriate?  keeping in the family, and whatnot... or is that like wearing a band's shirt to their show?  (or to translate into JA: is it like wearing a designer's clothes to their spring line unveiling?)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 05:16:12 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9130 on: November 08, 2022, 05:15:41 pm »

SIR Evelyn de Rothschild... the gall. 
<sig>

« Reply #9131 on: November 08, 2022, 05:20:00 pm »
slack

« Reply #9132 on: November 08, 2022, 05:53:43 pm »

wouldn't a Château Mouton or Château Lafite be more appropriate?  keeping in the family, and whatnot... or is that like wearing a band's shirt to their show?  (or to translate into JA: is it like wearing a designer's clothes to their spring line unveiling?)
Uh, what do you think are the two wine houses who collaborate on Opus, man?
LVMH

« Reply #9133 on: November 08, 2022, 05:54:20 pm »
Yes, down my throat to the hearts of my soul and gullet.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9134 on: November 08, 2022, 06:03:22 pm »

Uh, what do you think are the two wine houses who collaborate on Opus, man?

the rothschild is diluted with mondavi.  i thought you were a purist.
<sig>