Author Topic: Morrissey  (Read 32107 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Morrissey
« on: October 29, 2007, 01:46:00 am »
Well not that most of you will care (although around here you never know  :)  ) but Kristeen Young got fired from being Morrissey's opener. He now is opening with Girlfriend in a Coma. Theyre quite a bit better than KY anyway. Apparently at her Tuesday night show that I was at, she made some offhanded comments that deeply offended him.

Anyway - Im seriously considering finding a ticket for Halloween. Tonights show and Saturday nights show were beyond brilliant. Morrissey is in top form that no one will want to miss. Highlights were "tomorrow", "interesting drug", "girlfriend in a coma", and so many more. Security is as tight as ever, so if youre planning on getting onstage - good luck!  :)
HeyLa

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Morrissey
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 08:40:00 am »
she was quite possibly The Worst Opener of All Time
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:54:00 am »
I heard she said "Morrissey likes to give oral...I mean, cunnilingus."

Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  Well not that most of you will care (although around here you never know   :)   ) but Kristeen Young got fired from being Morrissey's opener. He now is opening with Girlfriend in a Coma. Theyre quite a bit better than KY anyway. Apparently at her Tuesday night show that I was at, she made some offhanded comments that deeply offended him.

(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 09:12:00 am »
I'm not sad to see her go.

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:45:00 am »
I am not sad to see her go either.

Husband and I will be at the DAR show.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:05:00 am »
This is what I hate about Morrissey.  He's such a precious, pissy queen.  He's like a sexually defunct Axl Rose.  Big deal!  So his opening act busted his balls!  Morrissey is just as sad a pathetic as the Stones, Dylan, Springsteen, Smashing Pumpkins, The Police, etc. touring on past glories and fans who are so socially inept and devoted that they don't know the difference.  He can retire for all I care.  His last great album was what, fifteen years ago (Vauxhall and I)?   Let him retire to Italy like a greying Norma Desmond and have him tend to his Gladiolus.  I actually like Kristeen Young a lot more after this.  What do I suggest you "take" for the DAR show?  A good book.

Brian

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:12:00 am »
  Well not that most of you will care (although around here you never know   :)   ) but Kristeen Young got fired from being Morrissey's opener. He now is opening with Girlfriend in a Coma. Theyre quite a bit better than KY anyway. Apparently at her Tuesday night show that I was at, she made some offhanded comments that deeply offended him.

Anyway - Im seriously considering finding a ticket for Halloween. Tonights show and Saturday nights show were beyond brilliant. Morrissey is in top form that no one will want to miss. Highlights were "tomorrow", "interesting drug", "girlfriend in a coma", and so many more. Security is as tight as ever, so if youre planning on getting onstage - good luck!   :)  
hey.   The Halloween show is not sold out. so you dont have to "find a ticket" cause you can just buy one,  but i would bet if you scour craigslist you can find one for cheep cheep.

and we're more than prepared for the stage jumpers  :)

frazman

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  touring on past glories and fans who are so socially inept and devoted that they don't know the difference.  He can retire for all I care.

Brian
I am a little put out by this comment. I'm socially adept (honest!). Also, has Morrissey been spotted with any gladioli in 20 years? Lazy . . .predictable . . .

I like all Morrissey's albums, although some more than others. Am I so devoted that I don't know the difference? I don't think so.

For example, Maladjusted is by no means a classic album, but Trouble Loves Me is one of my favorite songs.

In any case, Kristeen Young was absolutely unlistenable . . .good riddance as far as I am concerned.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 11:56:00 am »
    His last great album was what, fifteen years ago (Vauxhall and I)?  Brian
No, it was three years ago (You Are The Quarry). And I'm by no means a Moz fanboy.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 11:57:00 am »
I think there was a strict ban on fun in the Wallace Household...
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »

This is what I hate about Morrissey. He's such a precious, pissy queen. He's like a sexually defunct Axl Rose.
I take offense to this comment. You're no longer talking about music but implying that you hate Morrissey because of whatever his sexuality may or may not be. And that doesn't sit well with me AT ALL. Don't let your ignorance stray beyond your taste (or lack of) in music. Antagonize and provide an unbalanced opinion if you must, but don't make personal attacks in a homophobic way.

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 12:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  I think there was a strict ban on fun in the Wallace Household...
personally, i think with all the time mr. walalace spends bitching about everything, he's well on his way to turning into just the person he is complaining about.

this kid will be a grumpy jaded son of a bitch before he can buy a beer at the club!

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
   this kid will be a grumpy jaded son of a bitch before he can buy a beer at the club!
Is that a veiled promise that all of the other grumpy, sons-of-bitches on this message board will buy me a drink when I turn 21?

Brian

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »
  This is what I hate about Morrissey.  He's such a precious, pissy queen.  He's like a sexually defunct Axl Rose.  Big deal!  So his opening act busted his balls!  Morrissey is just as sad a pathetic as the Stones, Dylan, Springsteen, Smashing Pumpkins, The Police, etc. touring on past glories and fans who are so socially inept and devoted that they don't know the difference.  He can retire for all I care.  His last great album was what, fifteen years ago (Vauxhall and I)?   Let him retire to Italy like a greying Norma Desmond and have him tend to his Gladiolus.  I actually like Kristeen Young a lot more after this.  What do I suggest you "take" for the DAR show?  A good book.

Brian
if you hate everything we talk about - why the fuck do you bother to keep on posting. i am really offended with your bullshit. what do you care about what us fans like. i will say one thing - i met some of the nicest, friendliest people at the shows that i saw. we all had a good head on our shoulders. i met a woman from sweden who has seen about 15 of his shows in europe and over here on this tour. she  had a room next to morrissey at one of his hotels. and before you go on about how obsessive she is - shes married with a daughter, and they are vacationing in nyc around his tour. her daughter she felt was too young to be standing in the front with her - so she was seeing the lion king. she also bought morrissey chocolates which he thanked her for.

my point is - the fans care about him - and we dont give a shit if he's bi, asexual or whatever he is or isnt. his music changed my life in high school (i dont even wanna hear your bullshit remarks on it - i just dont care). i meet complete strangers who look out for you at a show when youre likely to be stampeded. i saw people collapsing right and left because of the insanity and we all stood together and helped. dont get me wrong - i dont think only morrissey fans do that - but i do think we have a strong allegiance.

and you should just f'ing leave. and last i checked i was far from socially inept - as im sure most of the other fans are. perhaps you really need to listen to him - as i think youre the one who is really socially inept. maybe you can learn something. lets start with the below.

'its so easy to laugh, its so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind' (end of rant)

and hoya (or whoever posted) thanks for the heads up on the morrissey tix. ill see if its possible that i could get down there in time.

any word on 'there is a light...'?? he was playing it at the beginning of his tour - but no more  :(
HeyLa

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »
  if you hate everything we talk about - why the fuck do you bother to keep on posting. i am really offended with your bullshit.

(i dont even wanna hear your bullshit remarks on it - i just dont care).

and you should just f'ing leave. and last i checked i was far from socially inept - as im sure most of the other fans are. perhaps you really need to listen to him - as i think youre the one who is really socially inept. maybe you can learn something. lets start with the below.

'its so easy to laugh, its so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind' (end of rant)

"And if you really think peace is a common goal,
 that goes to show how little you know."

Brian