Author Topic: Netflixers  (Read 5140 times)

vansmack

Re: Netflixers
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 07:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Yup, I've done that, and is exactly why I initially switched to Netflix.  
Unfortunately for me (and my pocketbook), I was talking about Netflix...
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 07:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Sugartastic:
 For now, the mail return via Netflix is super convenient.
oops, i might not have been clear enough, the blockbuster online system is the same exact thing as netflix, with a 2-day mail turnaround for DVDs ... the 1 free in-store rental per week is on top of the mail system
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 07:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
 Blockbuster online still has most of the harder to find movies.
i've gone through roger ebert's "Great Movies" list and found almost every one on blockbuster online, there's some fairly obscure and old stuff on ebert's list
(o|o)

ratioci nation

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 07:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  oops, i might not have been clear enough, the blockbuster online system is the same exact thing as netflix, with a 2-day mail turnaround for DVDs ... the 1 free in-store rental per week is on top of the mail system
did you join recently? they did not have that plan when I joined, I get 3 movies by mail at a time and 2 instores per month rather than the 1 per week and at a price of 14.99, I guess I have not looked at the newer pricing

I noticed last night that my neighborhood blockbuster had just gone out of business this week, I had not been there since moving here so I doubt I will miss it

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 07:52:00 pm »
 did you join recently? they did not have that plan when I joined, I get 3 movies by mail at a time and 2 instores per month rather than the 1 per week and at a price of 14.99, I guess I have not looked at the newer pricing
yep, joined about 2 months ago ... they just updated the in-store deals and you can actually choose between getting 1 freebie per week or 2 per month, unfortunately i can't choose to pay $14.99/mnth for 3 movies at a time =)
(o|o)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 10:43:00 pm »
Wow, that's totally crazy that their heaviest users (and thus most likely the most loyal customers) would get put to the back of the queue.  If I were a Netflix stockholder, I'd be selling my stock over a policy like that.

As for Blockbuster... they suck.
_\|/_

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 09:04:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

Blockbuster online still has most of the harder to find movies.
i've gone through roger ebert's  list and found almost every one on blockbuster online, there's some fairly obscure and old stuff on ebert's list [/b]
And were they, indeed, "Great Movies"?

Arlette

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 10:41:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Out of curiosity, did you notice any difference when you queued newer films with a bigger demand as opposed to ones that might sit on their shelves longer waiting to be rented?

I did, but I thought it was a fluke.  I had no idea they did this until I read this thread.  I'm not a big user, probably 5-7 movies per month.  A friend is a HUGE user, probably 20-25.  He said I should get 40 Year Old Virgin, to put it on my list now since it was so popular I'd probably have to wait weeks for it.  He'd had it on his list for at least 3 weeks.

I put it on my list and it came 2 days later.  He still hasn't received it.  We thought it was just luck of the draw, or a mistake.  

A business penalizing their best customers?  Dumb.

helicon1

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2006, 11:48:00 am »
Originally posted by Arlette:

Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Out of curiosity, did you notice any difference when you queued newer films with a bigger demand as opposed to ones that might sit on their shelves longer waiting to be rented?

He said I should get 40 Year Old Virgin, to put it on my list now since it was so popular I'd probably have to wait weeks for it.  He'd had it on his list for at least 3 weeks.

I put it on my list and it came 2 days later.  He still hasn't received it.  We thought it was just luck of the draw, or a mistake.  
  [/b]
I received my 40 year old virgin on-time!
 hahahahaha

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
I'm surprised there are people who like to rent movies with titles like, "40 Year Old Virgin".

Arlette

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 08:17:00 pm »
You know, for some reason, I keep seeing your name as Snarkle.

It was a funny movie for its genre, better than Wedding Crashers.  But the Extras and Special Features were even better than the movie itself.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 09:18:00 pm »
  It was a funny movie for its genre, better than Wedding Crashers.
it was a really good movie, well-received critically and commercially ... but much like islam and hip-hop, dupek is afraid of what he doesn't know and his feeble attempts at humor help cover up those insecurities
(o|o)

Arlette

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 10:03:00 pm »
Snarfle is Dupek??????   I can't keep everyone straight with all these changing board names.  I thought Dupek was now Herr Doktor Doom Whatever?

How do you guys figure out who is who so easily?  Do you have board member numbers memorized?

Barcelona

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006, 10:47:00 pm »
  I thought Dupek was now Herr Doktor Doom Whatever?

That's a good one.

After a while in the board it becomes somehow easy to identify most members by their posts. Dupek and Rhett might be the easiest ones.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 11:07:00 pm »
  How do you guys figure out who is who so easily?  
let's see .... inane posts about something that has passed an old man by ... it's either mankie, rhett, or dupek ... and from there you can just make an educated guess =)
(o|o)