Author Topic: Netflixers  (Read 5141 times)

walkonby

Re: Netflixers
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2006, 12:07:00 am »
i've noticed that every gay movie or gay anything i've rented from netflix was all scratched to batch hell, sometimes so much so that it couldn't be watched.

i suppose that gay people do not know how to take care of their rented movies.  nothing pisses me off more that seeing people who stack dvds on other dvds or on tables, ect..., without the protective slips or cases.  barebacking your disk isn't safe, you sluts.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2006, 12:54:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  it was a really good movie, well-received critically and commercially ... but much like islam and hip-hop, dupek is afraid of what he doesn't know and his feeble attempts at humor help cover up those insecurities
You've got me pegged there slick.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2006, 10:02:00 am »
Yes, Team Dupek IS wary of Islam, Hip-Hop and movies that Roger Eberts puts his thumb up.  What normal soul isn't?

But after all, what's to fear from jihad, female circumcision and a return to the Spanish Inquisition?

sonickteam2

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2006, 10:19:00 am »
Originally posted by snarfle:
  I'm surprised there are people who like to rent movies with titles like, "40 Year Old Virgin".
this movie is actually 3rd on my queue right now, but really only because of three reasons

a) i have an american girlfriend

b) after enough people ask me..."have you seen that movie 40 year old virgin" i just wanna say, "yeah i did"

c) i have an overhwelming fear of becoming that 30something guy who knows nothing about pop-culture, new technology or anything that happened since 1999.  

(i didnt think the wedding crashers was funny AT all)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2006, 10:42:00 am »
I thought 40 year old virgin was pretty weak...and definately about 30 minutes longer than was reasonably necessary.  But I tend to not like these sorts of flicks anyway.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
My brother and his wife rented Virgin and  Crashers and watched them for a second time, back to back...this time keeping a scorecard of the number of times they laughed.

My brother had it 66-59 for Virgin. His wife's scorecard favored CRashers.

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2006, 11:11:00 am »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:
 I tend to not like these sorts of flicks anyway.
So why bother watching 'em?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2006, 11:13:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
 My brother had it 66-59 for Virgin.
Is this counting the 3 point deduction for the interntional headbutt in the 8th round?

ggw

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2006, 11:27:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  My brother and his wife rented Virgin and  Crashers and watched them for a second time, back to back...this time keeping a scorecard of the number of times they laughed.

My brother had it 66-59 for Virgin. His wife's scorecard favored CRashers.
Who knew that being a loser was a genetic trait?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2006, 11:29:00 am »
Originally posted by snarfle:
 And were they, indeed, "Great Movies"?
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=greatmovies_fulllist

decide for yourself, i think it's a pretty good list
(o|o)

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2006, 11:31:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=greatmovies_fulllist  

decide for yourself, i think it's a pretty good list
I guess some were okay, but I am renting the Rex Reed list so I cannot comment.

eltee

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2006, 12:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Sugartastic:
  (I prefer Hollywood Video to B'buster.)

Since I wouldn't be receiving a new movie from Netflix until this week, I ended up at Hollywood Video. Still prefer them to B'buster, definitely. (I need to up my rental amount at Netflix or something. Pretty lame to rent online and from the store.)

sonickteam2

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2006, 12:38:00 pm »
terribly lame!

hehe

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2006, 01:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Arlette:
  Snarfle is Dupek??????   I can't keep everyone straight with all these changing board names.  I thought Dupek was now Herr Doktor Doom Whatever?

How do you guys figure out who is who so easily?  Do you have board member numbers memorized?
Arlette, let me learnify ya on something.  On this board I don't think I've ever posted without the name "Doom" somewhere in my handle.

As for figuring out who's who, there is a trick.  You can see their real login name when you access the site via the main page rather than going directly to the board, if they're the last poster.  But yeah, mostly after a while you just identify peeps by their posts.

ps, you should join Doomlink
_\|/_