Author Topic: neutral milk hotel  (Read 4873 times)

Yada

Re: neutral milk hotel
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2021, 02:42:46 pm »
How Neutral Milk Hotel’s In the Aeroplane Over the Sea Became a Polarizing Cult Classic
Pitchfork reposts this to their FB account at least once a week.

Ha...Not sure what made extradiction post this, but I was thinking the same thing.

I also could never get into that album... at all.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2021, 02:47:31 pm »
How Neutral Milk Hotel’s In the Aeroplane Over the Sea Became a Polarizing Cult Classic

Ha...Not sure what made extradiction post this, but I was thinking the same thing.
At this point, the comment section every time they repost it is just people calling them out for it.
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2021, 02:49:39 pm »
It’s a very good album, particularly if you only give it a listen every couple of years. But I can see why folks hate it.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2021, 02:52:13 pm »

I also could never get into that album... at all.

It was a tossup between this and the Cinnamon Shrimp Toast thing, or whatever.

Space Freely

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2021, 02:58:07 pm »
Like how excontradiction has somehow managed to avoid Dinosaur/Dinosaur Jr. for 35 years, I have to admit I don't know any Neutral Milk Hotel songs. I mean, the guy's voice is probably distinctive enough that I'd be able to pick it out of a lineup but that's as far as i get with them.

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 03:13:57 pm »
I saw the post and thought "Didn't I already read that..."

NMH is one of those oddities, like The Flaming Lips, where The Brand, who grew up only listening to country music, has fully embraced music I appreciated in their prime today.  I don't know exactly what that says, but it says something.  It even has a place in Road Trip selections in the car, and she chooses it more often than I do.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2021, 03:38:56 pm »
99.9% of twitter is garbage but Topanga's husband finding shrimp in his Cinnamon Toast Crunch and beefing with Kelloggs about it is in that other .1%.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2021, 03:55:47 pm »
99.9% of twitter is garbage but Topanga's husband finding shrimp in his Cinnamon Toast Crunch and beefing with Kelloggs about it is in that other .1%.

He's being interviewed on CNN right now.