Author Topic: Possible sell outs  (Read 8197 times)

Re: Possible sell outs
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2004, 02:02:00 pm »
They are giving away tickets to Air in the contest section of the website. I've noticed they typically don't give away tickets to shows that ended up selling out.

Originally posted by Dandy01:

Originally posted by J'Mal:
  Grandaddy/Saves the day could sell out.

Air will sell out (waiting for night #2)
How do we know  there will be a night 2?  and perhaps it hasn't sold out because of the steep price?  Any chance for a 2 for 1 deal on this one?? [/b]

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2004, 02:04:00 pm »
Well the DCFC show sold out in part due to Ben Kweller being on the bill as well.  Kweller had about half the club full at his last show.
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2004, 02:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  Get ready for Sonick to slam you for daying the exact same thing I did...

chimbly didnt say the same thing you did.  He did say the complete obvious (buying tickets in advance ensure getting in, duh) but he wasnt speculating why we are even talking about this.
    sure, I'll just swing over to the 930 club on my way home from work.  Yeah, the guy who can ride his BIKE to the club is telling people to just swing by and get tickets.  sure.  I dont think i would ever use you people as a source for knowing how many tickets are left for a show, but i suppose its no more useless than most of the threads on here.

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2004, 02:14:00 pm »
Ever heard of ticketmaster? Romour has it you can get advance tickets without stopping by the club.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

chimbly didnt say the same thing you did.  He did say the complete obvious (buying tickets in advance ensure getting in, duh) but he wasnt speculating why we are even talking about this.
    sure, I'll just swing over to the 930 club on my way home from work.  Yeah, the guy who can ride his BIKE to the club is telling people to just swing by and get tickets.  sure.  I dont think i would ever use you people as a source for knowing how many tickets are left for a show, but i suppose its no more useless than most of the threads on here. [/b]

helicon1

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2004, 02:25:00 pm »
  They are giving away tickets to Air in the contest section of the website. I've noticed they typically don't give away tickets to shows that ended up selling out.

Originally posted by Dandy01:

Originally posted by J'Mal:
  Grandaddy/Saves the day could sell out.

Air will sell out (waiting for night #2)
How do we know  there will be a night 2?  and perhaps it hasn't sold out because of the steep price?  Any chance for a 2 for 1 deal on this one?? [/b]
[/b]
I was lucky to catch Air at the Brixton Academy in London a couple weeks ago. The place was absolutely sold out (4,000 person venue) It's amazing they haven't sold out 930 yet.

eltee

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2004, 02:26:00 pm »
  Bottom line is if you really want to see a show, buy the tickets in advance.
This is true, as it is hard to anticpate who or who not will sell out well before the show date. However, some people don't have the money to purchase tickets at the time they go on sale.

Dandy01

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2004, 02:30:00 pm »

2 sets of eyes are better than 1, thanks.

sonickteam2

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2004, 02:34:00 pm »
  Ever heard of ticketmaster? Romour has it you can get advance tickets without stopping by the club.

you cant buy 930 tickets at Ticketmaster

DUMBASS.  

you are definitely the dumbest piece of shit on this board. and then some.

sonickteam2

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2004, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:

Bottom line is if you really want to see a show, buy the tickets in advance.
This is true, as it is hard to anticpate who or who not will sell out well before the show date. However, some people don't have the money to purchase tickets at the time they go on sale. [/b]
its funny that we discuss which shows may or may not sell out, and some fuckwad says that if we buy tickets before they sell out, we wont have to worry.  thanks.

mankie

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2004, 02:37:00 pm »

sure, I'll just swing over to the 930 club on my way home from work.  Yeah, the guy who can ride his BIKE to the club is telling people to just swing by and get tickets.  sure.  I dont think i would ever use you people as a source for knowing how many tickets are left for a show, but i suppose its no more useless than most of the threads on here. [/b]
Hey Sonick, let's all us burbanites move into the city within cycling/walking distance to the 930 and watch these city-hipsters move out to the burbs when they have to wait in line for stuff because it's too crowded.

sonickteam2

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2004, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
 Hey Sonick, let's all us burbanites move into the city within cycling/walking distance to the 930 and watch these city-hipsters move out to the burbs when they have to wait in line for stuff because it's too crowded.
lol.  

wait. i dont live in the burbs!  i live in A city, just not DC  :)

but its not hip to live in Baltimore  :(

mankie

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2004, 02:39:00 pm »

you cant buy 930 tickets at Ticketmaster

DUMBASS.  

you are definitely the dumbest piece of shit on this board. and then some. [/b]
and by the time you've found a tickets.scam outlet you may have well gone to the 930 box office and saved the service charges.

I know, I know, online...but what about those who don't use credit cards?

mankie

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »

lol.  

wait. i dont live in the burbs!  i live in A city, just not DC   :)  

but its not hip to live in Baltimore   :(  [/b]
Baltimore is much cooler than DC. (I'm in for it if Jag sees this) but it is though.

Celeste

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2004, 03:44:00 pm »
huh? they need to get marked with the mark of the beast like all good western capitalists...
 freaks!

mankie

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2004, 03:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Harriet Balls:

huh? they need to get marked with the mark of the beast like all good western capitalists...
 freaks! [/b]
So were are you going to mark me Celeste?
 (mmmmm, this could be fun mankie thinks)