Author Topic: Possible sell outs  (Read 8195 times)

Bags

Possible sell outs
« on: March 04, 2004, 10:01:00 pm »
No, I'm not talking about the artists on the O.C. mix.

Wondering if there are any of the 'hot buzz' shows coming up that folks think are going to sell out any time soon.  

Examples (ie, shows I'm planning on):  British Sea Power, Decemberists, Broken Social Scene, Psychedelic Furs.

markie

Re: Possible sell outs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 10:06:00 pm »
BSP should be fine...... I dont think the furs sold out last time, did they?

Its hard to judge the other two. Air should sell out, but I dont have tickets for it yet either.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 11:13:00 pm »
The British Sea Power show at the Bowery Ballroom is sold out, and that's a bigger venue than Black cAt.

lily1

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 11:15:00 pm »
bsp has the potential to sell out, everything else will not. in fact, i predict that the psych furs will be a 2 for 1 deal the week of the show so i'm waiting on buy a ticket.

bags, you doing double duty tommorow night? paul kelly and ctc?

markie

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 11:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  The British Sea Power show at the Bowery Ballroom is sold out, and that's a bigger venue than Black cAt.
The walkmen sold out bowerey ballroom..... didnt sell out 930.

NY is a much bigger concert market than DC, you need to stop making this pointless comparison.

BSP will have played 3 times in 8 months, did they sell out the other two times? I am sure there are people who wont go and see them so soon after they played, especially in such a busy concert month.

J'Mal

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 12:40:00 am »
Grandaddy/Saves the day could sell out.

Air will sell out (waiting for night #2)

Bags

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 03:06:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
 bags, you doing double duty tommorow night? paul kelly and ctc?
I'm in San Francisco, and I'm catching a band called Sciflyer all the way out in a part of town called The Sunset.  Only in Cali....  Sorry to be missing CTC, Kurosawa seems to have quite a crew rounded up.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 08:06:00 am »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  The walkmen sold out bowerey ballroom..... didnt sell out 930.
Are you sure they didn't sell out at the door?  If they didn't, it was really close.

I'd recommend buying tickets in advance for all of the shows you list (except maybe the Furs).  Better safe than sorry.

lily1

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 08:45:00 am »
though i'm surprised that air hasn't sold out the first night yet. (which is good seeing how i have yet to pick up a ticket.)

Originally posted by J'Mal:
  Grandaddy/Saves the day could sell out.

Air will sell out (waiting for night #2)

Guiny

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 09:55:00 am »
The Furs usually have a good crowd, but its on a Monday so you should have no  problem getting tickets closer to the show.

jkeisenh

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 10:23:00 am »
The only one of those I'm prebuying is Decemberists, but I'm usually a pretty bad judge, hence me missing the Shins.  But I called the DCFC show right this time, thank god.

mankie

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 10:54:00 am »
The Furs are turning into Andrew WK...weren't they only here last week???  ;)

jpbelmondo

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 11:53:00 am »
The Black Cat was at least 3/4 capacity if not more for the last BSP show, so I expect it will sell out.  Decemberists sold out the backstage last time, which means there will be breathing room upstairs this time.

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 11:58:00 am »
Bottom line is if you really want to see a show, buy the tickets in advance. Why do we even have to have threads like this?

jkeisenh

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 12:15:00 pm »
At first I thought this thread was going to be about bands that would sell out... you know, like Modest Mouse and "Gravity Rides Everything" in that Mazda commercial?  Or like the riff from Ted Leo's "Where have all the rude boys gone" being used as an intro to MTV's TRL?  That would have been a far better thread.