Author Topic: saturday night roll call.  (Read 6596 times)

Sage 703

saturday night roll call.
« on: April 13, 2006, 09:03:00 am »
had to do it eventually.  where are people heading on saturday?

toss my vote in for black cat - exit clov, soft complex, and georgie james on the mainstage.

Vas Deferens

Re: saturday night roll call.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 09:13:00 am »
At home  :)

Or Maybe UB40!  LOL

But seriously, it was my first time at the Black Cat last night and I couldn't deal with the smoke inside the main stage. I feel like I'm going to have lung cancer after seeing several shows there. The 930 club's smoke is not bad 'cause it's bigger and has higher ceilings.
(_|_)

Bags

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 09:33:00 am »
I'm in for the Georgie James/Exit Clov bill.  Any word on soft complex??

BookerT

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 10:07:00 am »
i'm heading to all souls for the evens/antelope show. hoping it ends early enough to catch most of georgie james at the black cat. will definitely stick around for soft complex and get the hell out before exit clov.

i'm sure calla fill you in on some details about soft complex...

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:13:00 am »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  i'm heading to all souls for the evens/antelope show.
Wow - I didn't even know about this one.  I'll probably end up here.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 10:18:00 am »
THE EVENS ARE PLAYING?  WHAT THE FUCK!!

Well, I've had saturday's black cat show on my radar for quite some time, so that's where I'll be.

Just for reference, though...where exactly are they playing, how far is it from the black cat, and when does it start.  I'd LOVE to make both...

And I'll give everyone my word here (not that it may mean a whole lot to some of you, but) that all three of the bands playing Saturday at the black cat are outstanding.  So...be there.

you be betty

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 10:20:00 am »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  At home   :)  

Or Maybe UB40!  LOL

But seriously, it was my first time at the Black Cat last night and I couldn't deal with the smoke inside the main stage. I feel like I'm going to have lung cancer after seeing several shows there. The 930 club's smoke is not bad 'cause it's bigger and has higher ceilings.
You'll get used to it.  As a millitant anti-smoker, I pretty much thought I was going to die the first time I was in there.  But it's such a great venue that it's totally worth it...

Bags

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 10:30:00 am »
Check out Soft Complex  here

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 10:32:00 am »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  THE EVENS ARE PLAYING?  WHAT THE FUCK!!

Just for reference, though...where exactly are they playing, how far is it from the black cat, and when does it start.  I'd LOVE to make both...

http://www.dischord.com/tour/

you be betty

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 10:34:00 am »
Thanks much for the info - I got the streets, but I still don't know where this is and can't bug my mom with it...how far from the Black Cat, and good/bad area?

BookerT

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 10:36:00 am »
  Thanks much for the info - I got the streets, but I still don't know where this is and can't bug my mom with it...how far from the Black Cat, and good/bad area?
it's only about a mile away from the black cat. very close. it's a fine part of town. right off 16th st.

Bags

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 10:38:00 am »
A dozen or so blocks north of Black Cat in Columbia Heights.  Doesn't your mom think 9:30 Club is a bad area?  Then she'll think the same about this area.

Take a cab between the two -- it's 16th Street, there will be a gazillion cabs available.  I don't think I'd want my 15-year old walking between the two places at 10:00 on a Saturday night.

Sage 703

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 10:38:00 am »

it's only about a mile away from the black cat. very close. it's a fine part of town. right off 16th st. [/b]
If doors at the Evens show are at 7:00, its probably doable to hit both.  Doors for the Cat are at 9:30, with Georgie James probably going on around 10:00.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 10:43:00 am »
  it's only about a mile away from the black cat. very close. it's a fine part of town. right off 16th st.
unless you like this sort of stuff:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/8637876/detail.html

in all seriousness, i used to live there, and it's a fine area (to buy crack and smoke it on the grounds of the abandoned italian embassy)
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 10:45:00 am »
How much for the Evens show?!
(_|_)