Author Topic: Pogues show...  (Read 33414 times)

Re: Pogues show...
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2005, 05:09:00 pm »
a second boston show has been added...how about a second (thursday) dc date?

RHCP1978

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2005, 06:51:00 pm »
The Fighting Irish- Second Pogues Show Added!
 The first night of The Pogues reunion show sold out in mere minutes, so expect nothing short of the same for the second night (you've been warned). This year St. Paddy's Day comes early.

THE POGUES
 featuring Shane MacGowan â?¢ Jem Finer â?¢ Spider Stacy â?¢ James Fearnley â?¢ Darryl Hunt â?¢ Andrew Ranken â?¢ Philip Chevron â?¢ Terry Woods
 Thursday, March 9
 10pm Doors
 On sale Friday, December 16 @ 10am through Tickets.com

Chained Bear

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2005, 07:12:00 pm »
Forgive my unforgivable naivete, but... is there *really* a second show being added?

I'm asking because I heard elsewhere that 9.30 tickets always go on sale on Thursdays, and Dec. 16 is a Friday... and I'm trying to avoid the next "presale."

Thanks!

Bags

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2005, 07:13:00 pm »
The post above yours announcing the second show is direct from the official 9:30 Club weekly email newsletter, so it's correct.

9:30 Club tickets usually go on sale on Thursdays.  Big shows can go on sale anytime, as they're often a special sale.

c4621

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2005, 10:35:00 pm »
i feel bad for the people that bought those tix on ebay now that a second show has been announced.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2005, 10:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by c4621:
  i feel bad for the people that bought those tix on ebay now that a second show has been announced.
I don't feel bad for them at all...

Barcelona

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2005, 10:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Joymonster:

Originally posted by c4621:
I don't feel bad for them at all... [/b]
why not? maybe those were big fans of the Pogues who didn't get the tickets just as Rhett and other board members who tried at 5:30 pm last Thursday. Anyone can be mad at the people who buy tickets with the idea of selling them on ebay, but at the people who buy the tickets on ebay? not sure, you may argue that the people who buy these tickets on ebay are the ones who allow this vicious circle to work, but lots of people would try to pay whatever amount for a band they like a lot and also a band they didn't expect to see live again. Were the Talking Heads to reunite and play again, I wouldn't doubt to buy tickets on ebay if I thought that was the only chance left to get tickets.

markie

« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2005, 11:00:00 pm »
These people paid a price they found acceptable for a ticket. I have no idea why you would feel bad for them?

Bartelby

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2005, 11:48:00 pm »
Sadly, those who really want to get tickets for the second show will be fighting for 'em with scalpers who now know they can get over $200.00 each for them...With that in mind, it would be nice if those tickets were offered thru a password only pre-sale...Unfortunately, I can't get out of a work obligation to hop on-line Friday morning to sit in the virtual waiting room at Tickets.com...boo-hoo.    :mad:

Barcelona

« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2005, 11:51:00 pm »
On average, what percentage of tickets for rock shows are on sale at ebay?

Bartelby

« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2005, 12:03:00 am »
percentage of all tickets sold on e-bay or percentage of each rock show?  

Beats me either way since I'm not a big e-Bay fan.  I'm pretty sure scalpers and "Premium resellers" keep on top of competitive pricing, however, and e-Bay's probably a good source of info.

c4621

« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2005, 12:09:00 am »
I feel bad for them because they most likely bought those tickets thinking that it was the only way for them to see the Pogues play at the 930.  If I had paid 200 bucks for a ticket and then found out I could buy one for face value, I'd be pissed.

Barcelona

« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2005, 12:31:00 am »
Originally posted by BadSushi:

Percentage of each rock show. does it reach 5%? I guess it represents a small number of tickets.

Mobius

« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2005, 12:34:00 am »
I feel bad for my liver w/ Pogues tix for 3/10 and St. Patty's in NYC.

Bartelby

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2005, 01:39:00 am »
Originally posted by Barcelona:

Originally posted by BadSushi:

Percentage of each rock show. does it reach 5%? I guess it represents a small number of tickets. [/b]
I'd bet it varies by band:  Foo Fighters for two nights probably had a lot of scalped ticket holders; same for Audioslave, Death Cab, Bob Dylan..not eveyone camps out on this website.  

People hear about their fav. groups playing here thru the grapevine - after the shows are sold-out, then go to any means necessary to find tickets.  IMHO 930's smaller size and big buying power means mucho scalping.