Author Topic: Pogues show...  (Read 33417 times)

brennser

Re: Pogues show...
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2005, 04:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by bez:
  What is the 'official' capacity @ the 9:30? I always thought it to be ~900, give or take...

Someone call the DC Fire Marshal... and good luck with that.
1,200 (I think)

c4621

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
the surcharge for the pre-sale tix was $6.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2005, 07:16:00 pm »
OK you nutty kids you...lookin out for MY PEOPLE (I refuse to say PEEPS)...

http://protected.tickets.com/buy/TicketOnsale?agency=930_CLUB&orgid=3595&poid=1106&pid=5671496

password: GUINNESS

and the best part is you have to be the person that bought the tix to claim them at the box office...so...scalpers...get in that other line over THERE

am I the greatest or what?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
not if i wanted to sell some tickets on ebay!! lol

thanks seth, you da man

« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2005, 10:10:00 am »
Can someone remind me what the advantage is to WILL CALL?

As I understand it, you show up at the club and have to stand in a long line with a bunch of impatient drunken idiots and wait to pick up your tickets so that you can go stand in a line with other people who already had their tickets and didn't have to stand in the Will Call line.

And tickets.com charges you $3.25 no matter whether you have them mailed to you or pick them up Will Call. Correct?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
Will Call is being used to prevent scalping, if you don't like the idea of Will Call don't use it.
T.Rex

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2005, 10:32:00 am »
Again, I ask, what is the benefit to the buyer who chooses will call?

Certainly there must be some customer benefit?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2005, 10:39:00 am »
the benefit in this case you get access to a presale in theory not being listed elsewhere...
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2005, 10:39:00 am »
Originally posted by Etan de Balzac, Footie Ball Player:

Rhett the pre-sale is will call only so that scalpers don't scoop up all the tickets.  What part of this don't you understand?

Otherwise, maybe you're buying tickets just a day or two before a show and you're worried it may not be enough time to have them mailed out to you.  Will call!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2005, 10:47:00 am »
well the presale info is already getting out...
T.Rex

« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2005, 10:50:00 am »
I guess Kosmo answers my question. The advantage to this sale is in that it's an unadvertised presale.

There is no discernible advantage for the customer in buying "will call" tickets three months prior to a show, if the same service fees apply.

Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:

Rhett the pre-sale is will call only so that scalpers don't scoop up all the tickets.  What part of this don't you understand?

Otherwise, maybe you're buying tickets just a day or two before a show and you're worried it may not be enough time to have them mailed out to you.  Will call! [/b]

thirsty moore

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2005, 10:50:00 am »
  As I understand it, you show up at the club and have to stand in a long line with a bunch of impatient drunken idiots and wait to pick up your tickets so that you can go stand in a line with other people who already had their tickets and didn't have to stand in the Will Call line.
Let me get this straight.  You were going to go to The Pogues show.  You almost had tickets.  You claimed that it was okay and that maybe you saved some money.  And now it's sour grapes.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2005, 10:54:00 am »

There is no discernible advantage for the customer in buying "will call" tickets three months prior to a show, if the same service fees apply.

[
Hello.....McFly!!!!  It's to cut down on the scalping you blockhead!

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2005, 10:57:00 am »
No, I'm just wondering what advantage to the customer there is to having "will call". No sour grapes. It just seems that a business would try to provide services that provide for the utmost convenience of its' customers, particularly customers paying $56+ for a ticket at a standing room only venue. And I question what convenience will call provides.

Originally posted by econo:

Let me get this straight.  You were going to go to The Pogues show.  You almost had tickets.  You claimed that it was okay and that maybe you saved some money.  And now it's sour grapes. [/b]

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2005, 11:01:00 am »
Why not provide a free drink ticket to those willing to stand for 30 or whatever minutes in the cold waiting to pick up their will call tickets?

Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:

[
Hello.....McFly!!!!  It's to cut down on the scalping you blockhead! [/b]