Author Topic: Wed Rock (feat. Rollins, Mould, Bernhardt, etc.)  (Read 6622 times)

Re: Wed Rock (feat. Rollins, Mould, Bernhardt, etc.)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 03:51:00 pm »
You should probably take better care of your health.

Originally posted by Bags:

You read a lot in to partner benefits.  I never said take health care away.  But don't get me started on health care.  It should be FAR easier to get/deal with.  I should probably live in Canada. [/QB][/QUOTE]

bearman🐻

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 03:54:00 pm »
As a gay man, I really don't give a damn whether or not it is called marriage. But I feel like I am discriminated against because the person I choose to care about is the same sex as me. The current government (let's face it) does NOT favor dregs of society...and that includes gay people. (Not that I think gay people are dregs of society...just insert sarcasm there.) Generally, yes, marriage is a fucked up institution. I see it around me all the time (my own parents are proof). But I don't want to do things they way they did, and that doesn't mean that as a gay man I still cannot stand up for other people like me who DO love each other and want the same benefits and legal perks that straight married folks get. Besides, this is just a rock'n'roll show. It would be great to see as many of you as possible show up to this gig. It would mean a lot to me and the folks that put this together. I am trying to help them get the word out. I know it's a lot of dough to fork over, but I really think it will be a great evening and Henry Rollins is always a hoot. You can count on some great performances by Morel and Bob Mould, not to mention Sandra.

ggw

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 03:54:00 pm »
If Bill Clinton lived in Canada, it would have taken him 39 days to get the bypass surgery he got in three days in the U.S.

Originally posted by Bags:
 I never said take health care away.  But don't get me started on health care.  It should be FAR easier to get/deal with.  I should probably live in Canada.

markie

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 04:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
   without a public function.
If you have kids it stops them being bastards.

I thought that was part of the tax break, the marriage is supposed to be a stable relationship within which you raise children.

Personally I coulldnt give two hoots about marriage and I think anyone should be able to marry if that is your thing.

I guess the government has to be involved for things like immigration and to keep track of its morally upright citizens.

markie

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  If Bill Clinton lived in Canada, it would have taken him 39 days to get the bypass surgery he got in three days in the U.S.

But if Clinton were poor and had no health insurance how long would it have taken him to get bypass surgery?

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 04:08:00 pm »
Let me steal a line from the pro-choice people (of which I am one)

If you're against marriage, don't have one.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up and let the rest of us exercise our choice for marriage. In general, marriage is a stabilizing force in society, and the government SHOULD reward married people for this.

AAAARRRRGH!  Freedom to marry.  Bleh.

How about this?  How about Freedom NOT to marry?  How about what the hell is the government doing in the business of marriage anyway?  How about marriage laws all discriminate against single people?  How about THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT BE SANCTIONING MARRIAGE!

Let's do away with marriage licenses.  Wanna get married?  Do it between yourself, your partner, and your loved ones.  Why should the general public need to be involved?

(end angry feminist rant)

markie

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2004, 04:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 [QB] If you're against marriage, don't have one.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up and let the rest of us exercise our choice for marriage. In general, marriage is a stabilizing force in society, and the government SHOULD reward married people for this.

Umm, that makes perfect sense to me.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2004, 04:13:00 pm »
Oh my God, you're gay?  That's the last time I ever post of this board!  ;)  

Well I'm just a square-o straight white married american male, but I agree with you %100.

Originally posted by bunnyman:
  As a gay man, I really don't give a damn whether or not it is called marriage. But I feel like I am discriminated against because the person I choose to care about is the same sex as me. The current government (let's face it) does NOT favor dregs of society...and that includes gay people. (Not that I think gay people are dregs of society...just insert sarcasm there.) Generally, yes, marriage is a fucked up institution. I see it around me all the time (my own parents are proof). But I don't want to do things they way they did, and that doesn't mean that as a gay man I still cannot stand up for other people like me who DO love each other and want the same benefits and legal perks that straight married folks get. Besides, this is just a rock'n'roll show. It would be great to see as many of you as possible show up to this gig. It would mean a lot to me and the folks that put this together. I am trying to help them get the word out. I know it's a lot of dough to fork over, but I really think it will be a great evening and Henry Rollins is always a hoot. You can count on some great performances by Morel and Bob Mould, not to mention Sandra.

jkeisenh

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2004, 04:19:00 pm »

Rhett, are you just trying to get my goat this week?  Cuz I already sold the goat for a 6 pack of schlitz.

markie

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2004, 04:26:00 pm »
 Rhett, are you just trying to get my goat this week?  Cuz I already sold the goat for a 6 pack of schlitz.
Why do you think what Rhett said is unreasonable and how does it have anything to do with feminism?

ggw

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2004, 04:30:00 pm »
Well, if we go by this article, it wouldn't really make a difference if he were poor and uninsured.

Originally posted by mark e smith:

But if Clinton were poor and had no health insurance how long would it have taken him to get bypass surgery? [/b]

markie

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2004, 04:33:00 pm »
I would not take this line as being entirely positive

"Still, one of every four patients in the city who require these procedures fail to get them, particularly if they initiate care at hospitals that offer diagnostic coronary services such as angiograms but that do not perform revascularizations."

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2004, 04:36:00 pm »
I would love to have a goat, if we had more land.

By the way, thanks for the advice on hair salons. Went and got a great haircut yesterday. So good, I think it will strengthen my marriage.

Rhett, are you just trying to get my goat this week?  Cuz I already sold the goat for a 6 pack of schlitz. [/b]

ggw

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2004, 04:41:00 pm »
Yes, but the failure is in the utilization not in the availability of these services.

Originally posted by mark e smith:
  I would not take this line as being entirely positive

"Still, one of every four patients in the city who require these procedures fail to get them, particularly if they initiate care at hospitals that offer diagnostic coronary services such as angiograms but that do not perform revascularizations."

markie

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2004, 04:45:00 pm »
  Yes, but the failure is in the utilization not in the availability of these services.

But reading between the lines.....

when people had to switch hospitals, did the new hospital deny to take people without coverage?

Also, clearly, this is going on in an area with over-capacity for such operations, is it like that in the rest of the country?

I might have to accuse you of being disingenuous soon.