Author Topic: Wed Rock (feat. Rollins, Mould, Bernhardt, etc.)  (Read 6621 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Wed Rock (feat. Rollins, Mould, Bernhardt, etc.)
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2004, 11:07:00 am »
actually its not (IMHO).  Liek I said in my example, the choice of who can visit you when you are a patient in ICU should not be attached to marriage.  It should be any one person you choose.  Thats a small example of what I was getting at.  Things like health care should be fixed as well.  It is absurd to make a 'family' policy mean employee, spouse, and offspring.  That is not always a family in this country.  Kind of hard for me to explain it other than that but hey its cool to have different opinions.  Life would suck if everyone was always happy happy joy joy!  :)
FUKIT

hitman

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2004, 12:47:00 am »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  It is absurd to make a 'family' policy mean employee, spouse, and offspring.  That is not always a family in this country.  
What else should "family policy" mean?  Outside of a single parent household, what on earth should it pertain to?  Should my grandparents or parents or brother be on my health insurance?

hitman

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2004, 12:51:00 am »
No matter what, over half of the marriages in the U.S. (mind you, this isn't the world) end in divorce.  You hear that all over the news, in the newspaper, research...everywhere.  (And the hell with you conspiracy theorists that say that is just the media talking, and not the truth).  So why not let someone else give it a whirl?  What would be so wrong about gays marrying?  Do people honestly think it would cause eternal world damnation?  Do people think it is going to make other countries hate us even more (than they do already for occupying a country we had no right to)?  And I think this argument is about much more than rights, considering taxes, health insurance, etc., etc.  I think that is offensive.  Maybe it's most fundamental...like to people loving each other and making into a legally recognized union called marriage.