Author Topic: Rain, flooding and BRMC  (Read 18800 times)

Jaguär

Re: Rain, flooding and BRMC
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2003, 10:24:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  my employer had a change of heart and is allowing those that are metro dependent to stay home. but i'm tethered to the computer and the phone glued to my ear to check up on my staff and get status reports on projects.

jag, if the show does go on tonight as scheduled. get in touch with me and i'll see how i can help you.
Thank God! Glad to hear that.    ;)

Okay, I appreciate that. Right now, I don't even know if I'll be able to make it. It's just looking like a real death trap right now. Looks like it will allow the more venterous to make it in but then thrown out right in the middle of the very worst of it.

mankie

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2003, 10:58:00 am »
We're open for business today so if anyone would like to come buy a Maserati or Ferrari to drive to the show seeing as metro wimped out on you...just give me a call!  :roll:

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2003, 11:04:00 am »
I am of the same opinion as most and will be there tonight. This will probably be the best show the 9:30 has put on this year. I don't know how anyone can pass on a band that rocks. Who cares about personal safety. You're dealing with rock and roll here.   :cool:

mankie

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2003, 11:18:00 am »
Originally posted by BLACKSTORM:
  I am of the same opinion as most and will be there tonight. This will probably be the best show the 9:30 has put on this year. I don't know how anyone can pass on a band that rocks. Who cares about personal safety. You're dealing with rock and roll here.    :cool:  
We (wifey and I) went to see The Young Dubliners the day after 9-11 (could've been 2 days after) and it was just what everyone needed. When the band came on the singer made the comment that they had seriously considered cancelling, but after much thought came to realize that if they did...the bastards would've won. It was a great time and a much needed escape from the reality outside the doors.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is if it's safe travel to the club then I would imagine it will be a great atmosphere at the show.

Jaguär

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2003, 11:20:00 am »
   Who cares about personal safety.  
Easy to say when you only live around the corner.   :roll:

paige

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2003, 11:34:00 am »
Well, it seems like the Four Seasons Georgetown is in need of making some more money.. they have a "Hurricane Special" for everyone too scared to stay in their own homes (I'm included in that, there is a huge tree looming over my bedroom, poised and waiting to crash down on me since the moment we moved in). Looks like I'll be calling room service and watching pay-per-view movies tonight.   :D

Guiny

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2003, 12:05:00 pm »
  This will probably be the best show the 9:30 has put on this year.
You are on Frickin' Drugs if you believe that!!!!

Guitarguy27

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2003, 01:07:00 pm »
Where would i find out if the show is cancelled? would they just post it on this website?

Relaxer

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2003, 02:16:00 pm »
My fingers are crossed, and my tickets bought, so I'm going. Am more amped for the Warlocks than BRMC, but both bands are very good.
oword

this monkey

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2003, 02:37:00 pm »
This is probably a dumb question, but I can't find the answer anywhere on the site... what time does the back bar open?  Is it any earlier than the door time?  I'm going to try to make it to the show tonight, but I've got a long walk and figure the earlier I set out the better.  Thanks!

ggw

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Guitarguy27:
  Where would i find out if the show is cancelled? would they just post it on this website?
They would post it on the front page under "Today is" -- where they currently show the set times.

lily1

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2003, 03:12:00 pm »
does anyone know if the taxis are doubling their fares like they do in snow? i would have to take a cab to and from the show because metro is shut down. but if its ging to be $15 because of double fares each way, i don't think i'll go tonight. not because i can't afford it, but its the principal that my taxi fare is twice the cost of a ticket!

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2003, 03:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by this monkey:
  This is probably a dumb question, but I can't find the answer anywhere on the site... what time does the back bar open?  Is it any earlier than the door time?  
the backbar opens when the club opens.  tonight, that would be 7:30.

Jaguär

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2003, 04:30:00 pm »
Lily, read your email.    ;)  

Things do NOT look good at all. Bridges and roads already shut down and loads of accidents.

We're on the NE side of the eye which is the most violent side of a hurricane. They're expecting 63-70 MPH winds just in Baltimore. Should be more in DC as it's right in the path of the eye. Crap!    :confused:

jo allen

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2003, 04:38:00 pm »
By the time BRMC finishes, how is the weather going to be?  I'm coming from College Park, a little hesitant since my car is not the greatest and I certainly do not want it to die or anything like that!