Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1876538 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4770 on: September 10, 2021, 03:05:44 pm »
The Brand was head cheerleader in high school and also a flautist in the marching band.  At halftime of football games she would do the cheer routine, then run over and grab her flute and perform the marching band routine with her band hat on and in her cheerleading outfit.  I have offered high rewards for photos or video of said routine.

I'm also working on my first Smackie Corollary in a long time based on this exercise.... 
27>34

« Reply #4771 on: September 10, 2021, 03:19:42 pm »
The Brand was head cheerleader in high school and also a flautist in the marching band.  At halftime of football games she would do the cheer routine, then run over and grab her flute and perform the marching band routine with her band hat on and in her cheerleading outfit.  I have offered high rewards for photos or video of said routine.

I'm also working on my first Smackie Corollary in a long time based on this exercise....
I have to think you've been holding this tale back for a while just waiting for the right opportunity...sounds like you owe Kosmo a beer
slack

Starsky

« Reply #4772 on: September 10, 2021, 03:23:05 pm »
Wait Sidehatch telling people they owe beers?

And

+1

« Reply #4773 on: September 10, 2021, 03:26:35 pm »
Wait Sidehatch telling people they owe beers?
was going to reference my inability to actually do this...but it was assumed
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4774 on: September 10, 2021, 03:39:50 pm »
I owe Kosmo many beers and look forward to seeing him again over said beers.  Hopefully in April...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4775 on: September 10, 2021, 03:57:57 pm »
I have to think you've been holding this tale back for a while just waiting for the right opportunity...sounds like you owe Kosmo a beer

i think we ALL owe kosmo a beer for bringing this up.

i guess The Brand has always been an overachiever.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4776 on: September 10, 2021, 03:59:18 pm »
i guess The Brand has always been an overachiever.

Until she married me that is...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4777 on: September 10, 2021, 10:42:40 pm »
"

will take it for a listen in the car later today.. 

I will have succeeded in life if no one ever writes a song like bread winner about me….
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4778 on: September 12, 2021, 12:48:32 am »
We watched the accompanying movie on Paramount+ tonight with a bottle of wine or two.  Definitely a Baz Luhrmann feel to it, though some of my favorite tracks from the new album are not in the movie.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4779 on: September 14, 2021, 11:50:30 pm »
Gavin is going to pace almost exactly at vaccine rates in CA counties and may have just laid out a blueprint for the midterms…
27>34

« Reply #4780 on: September 15, 2021, 06:35:46 am »
Thank you for voting No
Sanity has prevailed
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4781 on: September 15, 2021, 08:53:42 am »
may have just laid out a blueprint for the midterms…
Pump the breaks a little. I'm not sure "very very blue state" reaffirms they are "very very blue" is a model for the midterms generically. Perhaps its a blueprint for holding as many congressional seats in California and possibly the house by extension but I don't think there's a blueprint here that's applicable to Georgia, for example.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:18:00 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #4782 on: September 15, 2021, 09:16:04 am »
yeah the biggest risk and why these recalls are effective is that people don't come out to vote (again) in an off year election
he had high approval, but with a low turnout...things could go the wrong way fast

the gripe is the state spend almost $300 mill on this and there is an election coming up in just a year
but I have to imagine the amount of money spent by gavin and the others was also in the millions and just a waste of everyones time and money

the 12% thing needs to be removed, it needs to be 51%
Just absurd

but I do agree with Juli, no way we can draw any conclusions from this abnormality of an election
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4783 on: September 15, 2021, 09:28:46 am »
but I have to imagine the amount of money spent by gavin and the others was also in the millions and just a waste of everyones time and money

the 12% thing needs to be removed, it needs to be 51%
Just absurd
I think the point of these recalls, more often than not, is just to bloody up the officeholder a bit and drain their coffers. Newsom weathering this, then winning reelection next year, then hypothetically running for President in 2024 if Biden is only going to do one term -- I do not think this will happen -- seems quite daunting/exhausting to resources.

I don't think a recall threshold of 51% being reasonable but it needs to be a lot higher than 12%.
LVMH

« Reply #4784 on: September 15, 2021, 10:41:49 am »
I don't think a recall threshold of 51% being reasonable but it needs to be a lot higher than 12%.
ok put your name with a number then.
I think if the majority of the states population thinks the gov should be recalled...well then I think maybe it's time for a special election
other than that...wait your fucking turn until the next election...that is how democracy works
slack