Author Topic: LOST  (Read 21562 times)

Big KC

Re: LOST
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2006, 04:02:00 pm »
for the most part, Libby's done = she has a full time roll on a new show.

same for Michael.

Desmond is returning full-time to Lost in the Fall.

Bags

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2006, 04:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by the sonick:
  i thought the coolest part was when they found all of the notebooks in the tubes....really gave a mysterious "what is real and what isnt" feel to the whole show.
Ditto -- I think that was my fave part.

chokeychicken

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2006, 04:51:00 pm »
yeah, i'm pretty sure both walt and michael are off the show...that was their farewell. their story has been told, and honestly, if i heard the phrase "my boy!" one more time, i was going to murder somebody.

sonickteam2

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2006, 05:00:00 pm »
I agree too, Michael and Walt will only be back on the show if they are involved in the ending of the entire series, such as , them actually getting help.

i find it funny that no one even expects them to be rescued anymore, and in fact, i dont think anyone WANTS them getting rescued anymore!

Bags

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2006, 05:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  yeah, i'm pretty sure both walt and michael are off the show...that was their farewell. their story has been told, and honestly, if i heard the phrase "my boy!" one more time, i was going to murder somebody.
But what about all this "Walt is so special" crap.  What was with Walt and the others...?

nkotb

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »
You don't think Michael will go all Lando Calrissian style and redeem himself?

For Bags, they've never specifically said what Walt's deal is, but it's been highly hinted he's gifted.  There have been several occassions (the bird in Australia, the polar bear, and him playing backgammon with Hurley and Locke) where things he's been thinking of have happened, no matter how unlikely.

I agree too, Michael and Walt will only be back on the show if they are involved in the ending of the entire series, such as , them actually getting help.

i find it funny that no one even expects them to be rescued anymore, and in fact, i dont think anyone WANTS them getting rescued anymore!

Bags

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by definitivedoodle:
  doesnt really matter what we think casue those damn pot head writers will just write in or write off a character and make up whatever they want, thats why they had the C Dickens novel, casue he wrote from chapter to chapter...
From the New York Times today:

During a visit to New York City last week, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the executive producers who run "Lost," said they got the idea of the deathbed reading of "Our Mutual Friend" from an interview with the writer John Irving in which he said he was saving it for last. But besides paying tribute to Mr. Irving, they were eager to refer to Dickens for their own narrative purposes.

"He was writing chapter by chapter for newspapers," Mr. Cuse said. "We often think: 'How much did Dickens know when he was writing his stories? How much of it was planned out, and how much was flying by the seat of his pants because he had to get another chapter in?' " He paused, then said with a laugh, "We can respect what he went through."

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2006, 05:09:00 pm »
Actually, it was "my son", not "my boy".

Black people don't like the be called "boy" by white people. (Yes, Michael is black, but the shows writers are white.)

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2006, 05:11:00 pm »
I wonder if they could bring more hot chicks onto the show?

Originally posted by Big KC:
  for the most part, Libby's done = she has a full time roll on a new show.

same for Michael.

Desmond is returning full-time to Lost in the Fall.

eltee

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2006, 12:32:00 pm »

Nah, I thought good riddance! Yet, curious if the boat will turn right back due to the pull of the island. If it does, he will suffer for eternity on the island!
 I didn't sense anyone forgave him, basically - time and place for everything. (they were hunting hostiles) Give Hurley time, he'll rage on him. If Michael does return, me thinks the  castaways will have their first jailhouse. (Well, second if you count the room Henry was in).

eltee

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2006, 12:35:00 pm »

Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Planes are made of aluminum and aren't magnetic.

i guess Oceanic planes ARE magnetic.   :)  [/b]
I'm a dork, I didn't think it was the plane material, but b/c it messed with the equipment/mapping systems.

eltee

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2006, 12:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chaz Nakatestes, Breaststroking Guy:
  Actually, it was "my son", not "my boy".

Black people don't like the be called "boy" by white people. (Yes, Michael is black, but the shows writers are white.)

[/b]
Oh, believe me, he has said, "I gotta get MY BOY back." I know, b/c I too am gonna be sick if I have to hear that again. ("But he's my son! My son!" is the other)

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2006, 01:28:00 pm »
With all of the single parent situations in the world, it's just heartening to see a black man actually take such an interest in his child.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2010, 05:09:35 pm »
I just finished Season 4. Out of the 4 seasons, this is probably my least favorite (I really didn't care for the flash forwards and it has some episodes that are very slow). At the same time, it has 2 or 3 episodes that will probably be on my fave LOST episodes ever. I'll be done with Season 5 by next weekend...just in time for Season 6 premiere.  :P
(_|_)

wml7

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2010, 06:56:58 pm »
Yes, I'm a big Lost fan and ready for the new season to begin  ;D