Author Topic: Jason Isbell / Drive-By Truckers Roll Call  (Read 3579 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Jason Isbell / Drive-By Truckers Roll Call
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:55:00 am »
Anyone going to both?  I'm definitely going to DBT, not sure about Isbell
(o|o)

Re: Jason Isbell / Drive-By Truckers Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 09:59:00 am »
I'm going to the Truckers.

I'm also seeing their labelmates, the Old 97's Saturday at Artscape.

My two favorite bands of the last ten years on successive nights. Woohoo!

Isbell never did much for me, so I won't be at that. If I were doing a show tomorrow night, I'd see Gogol Bordello (who I saw a number of years ago at Bumbershoot). But I'd rather sleep.

beedubyah

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:19:00 am »
Saw the Truckers in Asheville on Friday. 1st 30 minutes were straight acoustic. Ok, but got a bit old. Rest of the concert was a typical Truckers show. Nobody does southern rock better than these guys. Really really enjoyable.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:35:00 am »
Originally posted by beedubyah:
  Saw the Truckers in Asheville on Friday. 1st 30 minutes were straight acoustic. Ok, but got a bit old. Rest of the concert was a typical Truckers show. Nobody does southern rock better than these guys. Really really enjoyable.
interesting ... typical like 3-hours long?  how's south cackalacky treating you?
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »
noone going to see Isbell tonight?  not sure if i'm going to make it out ...
(o|o)

saco

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 01:46:00 pm »
Likely attending both, havent heard much of the new Isbell but intrigued nonetheless.  

Only 30 minutes of acoustic/dirt underneath? I was looking forward to some alternate versions...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »
DBT is sold out!
(_|_)

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »
Not a surprise.

I hope I get there early enough to stand with Anton Phibes. With him as my bodyguard, I can feel secure that nobody will try to bite my ass like at the last Truckers show.

Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  DBT is sold out!

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
Based on Patterson's so-so solo show at the Birchmere, I have to admit that I'm hoping they bring the Rock, and limit the Dirt. Although I reckon the full band acoustic stuff is better than the solo acoustic.

Originally posted by saco:
  Likely attending both, havent heard much of the new Isbell but intrigued nonetheless.  

Only 30 minutes of acoustic/dirt underneath? I was looking forward to some alternate versions...

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 01:02:00 am »
Man,this is going to be fun! Look forward to tilting a few cold ones with new dad Charlie!
 I gotta pocket full of cash and they're on me,my friend. We can be negative & obnoxious downstairs at the back bar for a while! I have been lazy getting these pics I took out there from the Brown's Island show in Richmond in June.

Get some of the rock show!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yeoldebastard/

ggw

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »
So, is DBT playing as a four-piece?

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 01:29:00 pm »
I count six. Hood, Cooley, Shonna, Neff, the drummer, and Spooner Oldham.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  So, is DBT playing as a four-piece?

beedubyah

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 01:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

interesting ... typical like 3-hours long?  how's south cackalacky treating you? [/b]
Actually didnt stay for the end. We left 2 hours in and they were still going strong. SC is great. Complete 180 from DC but much more comfortable/affordable etc. Asheville is only an hour away which helps.

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 01:56:00 pm »
Are you in the Greenville SC area? I have family down there...

interesting ... typical like 3-hours long?  how's south cackalacky treating you? [/b]
Actually didnt stay for the end. We left 2 hours in and they were still going strong. SC is great. Complete 180 from DC but much more comfortable/affordable etc. Asheville is only an hour away which helps. [/b]

beedubyah

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Are you in the Greenville SC area? I have family down there...

Actually didnt stay for the end. We left 2 hours in and they were still going strong. SC is great. Complete 180 from DC but much more comfortable/affordable etc. Asheville is only an hour away which helps. [/b]
[/b]
Yep. Very nice place. Very different from the rest of the state. Not that the rest of the state isnt nice....but you know....