Author Topic: I went to a basketball game....  (Read 4706 times)

sonickteam2

Re: I went to a basketball game....
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 11:47:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
 only arrested????  i thought you would have had them rolled over with tanks! [/b]
Don't be hatin' [/QB]
sorry

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 11:48:00 am »
I would try to pull my wife/brother/best friend off the person. And my neither my wife or brother would behave so stupidly anyway, so it's a moot point. The bottom line is getting hit with a liquid does not entitle a person to punch out another person.

A bar and a professional workplace are two different things. While my wife MIGHT retaliate to someone provoking her in a bar, I doubt she would do the same in a professional workplace, as Artest did.

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I don't stick up for anyone if they are wrong.

That's sort of like saying we all have to support the war in Iraq, because George Bush is our fellow American.

not really.  but anyway

so if you're wife, or brother or best friend was wrong, you wouldn't stick up for him in the heat of the moment?  say you were at a bar and someone threw something on them and a fight broke out and your friend/wife/brother was pushing and shoving with like 5 people....you would just stand there and say "well, he/she was wrong so i wont be getting in to help"

sure you would. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 11:58:00 am »
  And my neither my wife or brother would behave so stupidly anyway, so it's a moot point.
oh, how did i know you'd say that!

A bar and a professional workplace are two different things. While my wife MIGHT retaliate to someone provoking her in a bar, I doubt she would do the same in a professional workplace, as Artest did.

is your wife's professional workplace a place where other people go and drink beer? and rout for her to lose?

Guiny

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2004, 12:00:00 pm »
  The bottom line is getting hit with a liquid does not entitle a person to punch out another person.
[/b][/QUOTE]

It's assualt and battery, so yes, it is a reason for a person to punch out another......Of course my violent opinions usually differ from a few other people. But if someone I don't know throws a cup of beer in my face, your damn right I'll throw a few punches and It'll probably take two or three people to get me off him.....Hopefully they do though, cause I'd probably go to far. I'm willing to bet that most people wouldnt just stand there and say "hey nice shot, I'll bet you twenty bucks you can't hit me again from ten feet away".

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »

It's assualt and battery
not to mention, humiliating.  besides, if Artest doesnt get up and do all that....nothing happens and this fan and how many others continue to throw objects at players....

two wrongs dont make a right, but two large black men beating the snot out of you might make you think twice before tossing beverages in thier direction again.

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
This is why so many men are assholes.

Artest wasn't defending his physical wellbeing, he was defending his HONOR.

Which is not an adequate reason to attack another human being, or another country for that matter.

He should have acted like the professional person he is supposed to be, and pointed out the guy to security.

I can't believe you're actually defending this guys behavior, no doubt you are only doing so because it is me, Rhett, who you are arguing with.

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004, 12:16:00 pm »

I can't believe you're actually defending this guys behavior, no doubt you are only doing so because it is me, Rhett, who you are arguing with.
only semi-true because you talk so smug about right and wrong and always talk about people being thugs/assholes and how people shouldve acted.

and now you are playing the victim?  poor little Rhett.

defending your honor is human nature by the way.....in fact not just human nature almost all animals do it too.  Society is what tells you whether to defend your honor or not. and society doesnt tell everyone the same thing.

Guiny

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2004, 12:17:00 pm »
Actually I'm defending him because It's how I feel, and everyone I talk to whether it be male or female agree with what he did. Female's tell me if someone did that to them at a club, there would be claws flying. Like Sonick said, people will think twice now.

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2004, 12:20:00 pm »
  Actually I'm defending him because It's how I feel, and everyone I talk to whether it be male or female agree with what he did. Female's tell me if someone did that to them at a club, there would be claws flying. Like Sonick said, people will think twice now.
and yes, i am taking the standpoint of how i feel, not just arguing.

you CANNOT expect people to have things thrown at them and not react to it....you just cant.

and you cannot expect to act however you want and get away with it.....

sonickteam2

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2004, 12:21:00 pm »
I will be sure to be tossing my beers at Rhett if i see him out....since he wont retaliate...he'll just point me out to a bouncer, who wont have seen it happen and therefore, wont kick me out and nothing will happen.   :)   :D

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2004, 12:22:00 pm »
If a guest of my office throws a drink on me, I'm not going to start beating the shit out of him or her. That's just not what civilized people do. Perhaps they do in a bar (I rarely go to bars), but not in a professional workplace. If I did so, I would expect to be suspended without pay or fired.

You say that if Artest had just ignored the beer, people would go on throwing beer. Do you think that now this has happened, fans will never throw beer? Is that why Artest ran up into the stands, so that no player would ever have to have beer dumped on him again?

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2004, 12:25:00 pm »
That's why a suspension for a year without pay, as well as revoking the guys season tickets without refund, and barring him from the arena for a year, as well as criminal charges, would be appropriate penalties for the involved parties.

and you cannot expect to act however you want and get away with it..... [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2004, 12:28:00 pm »
  That's why a suspension for a year without pay, as well as revoking the guys season tickets without refund, and barring him from the arena for a year, as well as criminal charges, would be appropriate penalties for the involved parties.
i completely agree.

it wasnt self-defense so Artest should be punished, just as and no more harshly than that fan. gone for the year.

thirsty moore

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2004, 12:29:00 pm »
Hey Rhett, you never told us how the citywide brawl ended when you spit on that mime.

sonickteam2

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2004, 12:31:00 pm »
  If a guest of my office throws a drink on me, I'm not going to start beating the shit out of him or her. That's just not what civilized people do. Perhaps they do in a bar (I rarely go to bars), but not in a professional workplace. If I did so, I would expect to be suspended without pay or fired.

You say that if Artest had just ignored the beer, people would go on throwing beer. Do you think that now this has happened, fans will never throw beer? Is that why Artest ran up into the stands, so that no player would ever have to have beer dumped on him again?
wasnt he suspended without pay?  i never disagreed with that punishment.

i dont think Artest thought of any of that, but i think after the fact...sure, maybe people will "think twice" (thats all i said, remember)

its just consequences Rhett.

would you drive faster if there wasnt any speed limit (of course YOU wouldnt Rhett, but most people would, agreed?)