Author Topic: I went to a basketball game....  (Read 4707 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
I went to a basketball game....
« on: November 23, 2004, 10:05:00 am »
...and the Vibe awards broke out.

Guiny

Re: I went to a basketball game....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 10:14:00 am »
Who'd you go see play?

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 10:24:00 am »
When does Ron Artest's album come out? I hear it's so good, they don't refer to him as an "artist" but rather an "artest".

Saw him on the Today Show this morning. What a dumb shit.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Saw him on the Today Show this morning. What a dumb shit.
Yeah he certainly didn't help himself at all with that appearance.

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 10:59:00 am »
Well, he's a jerk, but i saw on ESPN last night, they were interviewing the fellow who threw the cup that hit Artest.

John Green...kinda tossed it over there, and when Artest came into the stands, Green stepped aside and Artest started pummeling some completely innocent (maybe) guy....then Green pulled Artest off of him and once there was a ton of people over there, started hitting Artest.

They also said Green has been arrested for assault before and has 2 DUIS in the last 5 years.

He's ALSO a jerk.  and they revoked his season tickets.....they should play those games IN Detroit, that way the whiteys wont even come and start problems!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 11:04:00 am »
The thing is, people like Artest confuse self-defense with retaliation.

You get a cup of beer dumped on you and then beat the shit out of the person, you're acting in retaliation, not self-defense.

It's sort of analogous to if someone on the board called me an asshole, then I tracked him down and beat the shit out of him.

I thought it was indicative of the dumb conformist mentality of these jocks when Gilbert Arenas said something to the effect of (in defense of Jackson and O'Neal, I guess)"Hey, if someone is getting on your teammate, you gotta go help him out."

Dude, learn to think for yourself.

Guiny

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 11:08:00 am »
   then I tracked him down and beat the shit out of him.
LOL....That's a good one....LOL

Sir HC

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 11:15:00 am »

I thought it was indicative of the dumb conformist mentality of these jocks when Gilbert Arenas said something to the effect of (in defense of Jackson and O'Neal, I guess)"Hey, if someone is getting on your teammate, you gotta go help him out."

I disagree about those going in to help the guy who did the wrong thing.  At this point you are trying to keep your guy from being pummeled.  That is defendable, being the first one up there is not.  

The solution is what Cypress Hill did years back at Lollapalooza.  They played after Pavement who were getting attacked by people tossing grass clumps.  They had two thug like guys, one on each corner of the stage, watching for anyone tossing anything towards the stage.  Nothing went that way.  So same thing here, have some security who watch for this and are there first on the guy before the players can think of attacking.  If the guilty party was down before Artest could jump him, then that would have ended it there.

Thatguy is needed there.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 11:20:00 am »
Jackson (the second guy) didn't go up into the stands defending his man. He went up there as extra ammunition. He should get a longer suspension, he didn't even have beer spilled on him.

Originally posted by Sir HC:

I disagree about those going in to help the guy who did the wrong thing.  At this point you are trying to keep your guy from being pummeled.  That is defendable, being the first one up there is not.  

The solution is what Cypress Hill did years back at Lollapalooza.  They played after Pavement who were getting attacked by people tossing grass clumps.  They had two thug like guys, one on each corner of the stage, watching for anyone tossing anything towards the stage.  Nothing went that way.  So same thing here, have some security who watch for this and are there first on the guy before the players can think of attacking.  If the guilty party was down before Artest could jump him, then that would have ended it there.

Thatguy is needed there. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 11:25:00 am »
  Jackson (the second guy) didn't go up into the stands defending his man. He went up there as extra ammunition. He should get a longer suspension, he didn't even have beer spilled on him.

maybe I am an asshole, but if thats MY teammate..I'm going up there too.

you dont know what those guys have up there? someone could have stabbed him with some car keys or some shit....its not it was two players fighting up there....i dont know, where do you draw the line at sticking up for your teammate...even if he's wrong....

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 11:26:00 am »
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Agreed, Jackson went hitting a guy who didnt look like he was even involved. On the same note, Pacer players who were trying to break up the fight (Jones) was getting pummelled from behind by some fat guy who will surely be arrested and charged. Every single moron who threw something at a Pacer, even if it was a popcorn kernel, should be arrested.

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 11:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
   Every single moron who threw something at a Pacer, even if it was a popcorn kernel, should be arrested.
only arrested????  i thought you would have had them rolled over with tanks!

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 11:35:00 am »
I don't stick up for anyone if they are wrong.

That's sort of like saying we all have to support the war in Iraq, because George Bush is our fellow American.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

maybe I am an asshole, but if thats MY teammate..I'm going up there too.

you dont know what those guys have up there? someone could have stabbed him with some car keys or some shit....its not it was two players fighting up there....i dont know, where do you draw the line at sticking up for your teammate...even if he's wrong.... [/b]

Guiny

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
 only arrested????  i thought you would have had them rolled over with tanks! [/QB]
Don't be hatin'

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 11:44:00 am »
  I don't stick up for anyone if they are wrong.

That's sort of like saying we all have to support the war in Iraq, because George Bush is our fellow American.

not really.  but anyway

so if you're wife, or brother or best friend was wrong, you wouldn't stick up for him in the heat of the moment?  say you were at a bar and someone threw something on them and a fight broke out and your friend/wife/brother was pushing and shoving with like 5 people....you would just stand there and say "well, he/she was wrong so i wont be getting in to help"

sure you would.