Author Topic: I went to a basketball game....  (Read 4708 times)

Re: I went to a basketball game....
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2004, 12:34:00 pm »
I would drive at whatever speed got me the greatest gas mileage and was safe.

sonickteam2

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2004, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
right

its nice to  have a reminder of who you're talking to.

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »
Because that is what would earn me the greatest respect from my wife.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

right

its nice to  have a reminder of who you're talking to. [/b]

Jagernaut

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2004, 01:43:00 pm »

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

two wrongs dont make a right, but two large black men beating the snot out of you might make you think twice before tossing beverages in thier direction again. [/b]
Especially if you're an innocent non-threatening bystander who didn't throw anything. You'll never stand there again when 2 black guys come charging at you for doing nothing.

Jagernaut

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2004, 01:49:00 pm »
When I watched the replay of that nonsense on ESPN the morning after, they slowed down some portions of it, and in one part, you see a chair clearly get thrown.  It comes flying in from the corner, kind of like when Geraldo Rivera got his spontaneous nose job years back.  I just don't see the logic in this... "Shit!  Everyone's throwing cups, I gotta one up them... Oooh!  This chair looks like it'll fly nicely!".  There's one person that REALLY needs to be arrested.

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2004, 01:59:00 pm »
At some point the NBA is going to have to stand up and take some responsibility here.

How much longer can they take teenagers who are physically ready into the draft, pay them millions, make millions off of them, but ignore the fact that doing so slows their developmental growth emotionally?  And as soon as they embarrass the NBA (or more importantly, cost the NBA money), they wash their hands of them and want nothing to do with them.  

Does anybody here think that suspending Ron Artest is going to keep this from happening again?  Is it going to stop the fans?  What happened to Detroit - their best competition in the East was just depleted - does that sound like punishment to you?  If I'm a Detroit fan who wasn't arrested, I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Isn't there another motionally challenged teenager out there ready to be swept up by the NBA?  This will change nothing.

How many of you were able handle $10 Million dollars at age 19, playing with the pressure of playing in front of thousands of people in the stands and millions on TV?  

Everybody says "don't feel sorry for them, they're making millions" and I'mnot feeling sorry for them, but the money is the root of this evil, and people are failing to see that.
27>34

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2004, 03:08:00 pm »
Smackie, while I think you make some good points, I'm not going to totally blame money or the NBA if 27 year old Ron Artest is lacking a personal sense of responsibility or any core values. I'm more likely to blame his parents and Ron Artest.

Just a guess, but if the same thing happens to Dirk Nowitzki or hell, even Kobe Bryant, I don't see them attacking a fan.

Guiny

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2004, 03:17:00 pm »
    Just a guess, but if the same thing happens to Dirk Nowitzki or hell, even Kobe Bryant, I don't see them attacking a fan. [/QB]
That's because even Spud Webb could kick Nowitzki's ass and Kobe doesnt need another scandel.

sonickteam2

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2004, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Just a guess, but if the same thing happens to Dirk Nowitzki or hell, even Kobe Bryant, I don't see them attacking a fan. [/b]
That's because even Spud Webb could kick Nowitzki's ass and Kobe doesnt need another scandel. [/QB]
its always about kicking ass with you. isnt it?

i like Dirk Nowitzski, and no, he wouldn't jump into the stands and fight people....i dont even think Allen Iverson would've done that....unless his wife was in the stands.

Guiny

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2004, 04:21:00 pm »
I bet before Vernon Maxwell did it, people would say he would never do it......It just depends on the situation.

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2004, 04:57:00 pm »
lol. Best line of the day.   :D  

i dont even think Allen Iverson would've done that....unless his wife was in the stands.

vansmack

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2004, 07:12:00 pm »
  Just a guess, but if the same thing happens to Dirk Nowitzki or hell, even Kobe Bryant, I don't see them attacking a fan.
If I would have told you two years ago that Kobe would attack a 19 blonde girl, would you have disagreed with me?

And by the way, she was a fan.
27>34

Celeste

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2004, 12:04:00 am »
  [and rout for her to lose?
not in so many words, but I often feel this way

Celeste

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2004, 12:07:00 am »
  in fact not just human nature almost all animals do it too.  
honor is a concept not really understood by animals who behave instinctually, sorry, WRONG...where do you get this shit from? now if you're saying Artest is just a big monkey, well then, you might be on to something there...

sonickteam2

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2004, 10:21:00 am »
Originally posted by Celeste:

[and rout for her to lose?
not in so many words, but I often feel this way [/b]
so does my girlfriend.  :)