Author Topic: Albums in 2004  (Read 51005 times)

Bags

Re: Albums in 2004
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2004, 12:35:00 pm »
ggw just hates him because he's beautiful.
   :D

Yank

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2004, 01:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by PseudoScouseTwat:
 [I saw them too!  I don't know where you saw them, but they played the WHFS Festival in a park in Northern Virginia in 1990 or 91.  Back in those days the festival was free.  You only had to pay for the parking.  And they had some good bands, which is a rarity nowadays. [/b]
I saw that one.Lake Fairfax,right?I believe Violent Femmes may have been there that year as well,although don't hold me to that.We camped there for the duration and my memory's a little fuzzy,been a while. [/QB]
Yeah, that's the one.  I don't remember all the bands that played that year but I know The La's, Violent Femmes, Gang Of Four, Stress and Too Much Joy all played.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2004, 05:48:00 pm »
Beauty Pill is supposed to have a full-length out this year.  Looking forward to that one.

eltee

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2004, 04:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by PseudoScouseTwat:
 [I saw them too!  I don't know where you saw them, but they played the WHFS Festival in a park in Northern Virginia in 1990 or 91.  Back in those days the festival was free.  You only had to pay for the parking.  And they had some good bands, which is a rarity nowadays. [/b]
I saw that one.Lake Fairfax,right?I believe Violent Femmes may have been there that year as well,although don't hold me to that.We camped there for the duration and my memory's a little fuzzy,been a while. [/QB]
The one at Lake Fairfax...wasn't it pretty muddy one year? Only reason I ask, I worked at the mall and a lot of the bands came in for new clothes one year. Sounds silly, but at the time we were all excited about the music and statstruck to have the festival in our area.

eltee

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2004, 04:32:00 pm »
From www.weezer.com"

01/15/04 "well, its been a long time coming, but from 'on high', we have a tentative release date for BOTH "Video Capture Device" (the Weezer DVD), AND The Blue Album Deluxe Edition: March 23, 2004. (Now, "tentative" means they have put them on their release schedule, and this date is subject to revision. But - if the release date is in fact changed, it won't be changed by much.)

Thats right, The DVD and the Deluxe Blue Album are coming out on the same day. As previously reported here, the DVD will have over 3 hours of videos, mini-documentaries, live footage, and behind the scenes action dating from 1991-2002, and will have optional band member commentary on many of the DVD's selections. The Deluxe Blue Album will be a 2 disc set that includes the blue album and a disc with all the b-sides and a selection of rare and very rare tracks, plus a big fat booklet with lots of stuff to read and tons of pix, many never before seen.

In the coming weeks/months, the release date will be confirmed and you'll see the cover art for the dvd. At the moment, the DVD's final assembly and production session is slated for the beginning of February. As more info becomes known it will appear on this news page. Thanks to all the fans for your support and patience on these projects!"

brennser

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2004, 01:47:00 pm »
apparently six by seven have a new album out this year as well - supposed to be out in March

their last effort was a little disappointing but I loved their first two

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2004, 02:23:00 pm »
All going well, New Order should have their follow-up to "Get Ready" out before the end of the year.  They've been in the studio writing and recording since last September...

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2004, 09:49:00 am »
Washington Social Club is supposed to have a new disc out in May.  At the show last night they said it was going to "go national".  Did they get a real record deal or something?

ratioci nation

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2004, 11:24:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  McLusky

just read that the album is finished and will be called 'The Difference Between Me And You Is That I'm Not On Fire'

no word on a release date

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2004, 06:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

Originally posted by ggw™:
  McLusky

just read that the album is finished and will be called 'The Difference Between Me And You Is That I'm Not On Fire'

no word on a release date [/b]
They truly have the best album titles. Brilliant.

Jaguär

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2004, 09:50:00 am »
Monster Movie have a new one due out anyday now. Looking forward to hearing that.

brennser

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2004, 02:37:00 pm »
Wilco album details....

That next record (or should we say "cd"?) is now entitled "A ghost is born" and will, if the schedule holds, be released by Nonesuch in North America on June 8 and their affiliated labels virtually everywhere else in the world that same week.The track listing is as follows:

At least that's what you said
 Hell is Chrome
 Spiders (kidsmoke)
 Muzzle of Bees
 Hummingbird
 Handshake drugs
 Company in my back
 I'm a wheel
 Wishful thinking
 Late greats
 Theologians
 Less than you think

walkman

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2004, 02:54:00 pm »
pitchfork reminded me of three that I can't wait for:

Out Hud
 Beta Band
 !!!

the details on the Beta Band:

The Beta Band will release their self-produced, Nigel Godrich-mixed third full-length Heroes To Zeroes, May 4th on Astralwerks, according to a Billboard report (the album will be out one week earlier in the UK, on April 26th). The album will be preceded by first single "Assessment" in the UK on April 12th, with an accompanying video chronicling "the history of human warfare," according to the band's Steve Mason.

In fact, the band are hard at work on clips to accompany each of the album's twelve cuts for a future DVD release. Each of the Beta's four members will be responsible for three videos each, with the possibility that some of the tracks "may not be from the LP but will be new," according to Mason. Well, it's all new to us. Here's the album tracklist:

01 Assessment
 02 Space
 03 Lion Thief
 04 Easy
 05 Wonderful
 06 Troubles
 07 Out-side
 08 Space Beatle
 09 Rhododendron
 10 Liquid Bird
 11 Simple
 12 Pure For

brennser

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2004, 05:47:00 pm »
from thecharlatans.net

The Charlatans new album and single both titled 'Up At The Lake' will be released on the following dates:

3rd May - single
 17th May - album

ratioci nation

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2004, 11:10:00 am »
from an email from the band

Burning Brides new album will be out June 8