Author Topic: The Police Roll Call (7/20/07)  (Read 30013 times)

Re: The Police Roll Call (7/20/07)
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:00 am »
sickening

bnyced0

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2007, 09:46:00 am »
Director is good for atleast 5K seats per show, so I think the stats are misleading should be separate category for him and his ilk.

TheDirector217

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2007, 10:11:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  Director is good for atleast 5K seats per show, so I think the stats are misleading should be separate category for him and his ilk.
'Til you heard Billy Corgan was the guitar tech on the tour, & you used up your frequent flyer mileage pursuing them across the lower 48.   ;)  

LOL @ ilk . . . Who are you, fucking Korneheiser & Wilbon???

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:00 am »
At least the songs the Police are doing are newer than what CSN go out and do on a more regular basis for hefty fees...
T.Rex

bnyced0

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2007, 10:26:00 am »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

LOL @ ilk . . . Who are you, fucking Korneheiser & Wilbon??? [/QB]
Kornheiser, genius...Wilbon, should be banned from every media outlet currently existing and the language in the law should include any future media outlets.  He's a talentless blow hard who thinks if you raise your voice when you say something stupid it magically makes sense.  Jason Whitlock should have his chair, and he should be ran out of Washington.

Oh, glad to see you've recovered from the weekend and back online, thought we lost you there.

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2007, 10:31:00 am »
Now there's a perfect rationalization.

Originally posted by kosmo:
  At least the songs the Police are doing are newer than what CSN go out and do on a more regular basis for hefty fees...

TheDirector217

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2007, 10:32:00 am »

LOL @ ilk . . . Who are you, fucking Korneheiser & Wilbon??? [/b]
Kornheiser, genius...Wilbon, should be banned from every media outlet currently existing and the language in the law should include any future media outlets.  He's a talentless blow hard who thinks if you raise your voice when you say something stupid it magically makes sense.  Jason Whitlock should have his chair, and he should be ran out of Washington.

Oh, glad to see you've recovered from the weekend and back online, thought we lost you there. [/QB]
LOL.  Close.  Saturday was bananas enough by itself as you know, but Sunday was a whirlwind.  You wouldn't believe me if I told you, so I took some pictures.  I'll update the thread once I get home to my camera.  Good times . . .

BTW, Whitlock is a fucking hack.  Did you see his quote that hip-hop should be blamed for Michael Vick's dogfighting???  And NO, I swear that's not a misquote.

bnyced0

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2007, 11:15:00 am »

Did you see his quote that hip-hop should be blamed for Michael Vick's dogfighting???  And NO, I swear that's not a misquote. [/b]
Didn't you get the memo, Hip Hop is responsible for all the world's ills, just like Heavy Metal before that, and Rock and Roll before that, and R&B before that.........but Qtip said it better

Okay, if knowledge is the key then just show me the lock.
 Got the scrawny legs but I move just like Lou Brock,
 With speed. I'm agile plus I'm worth your while.
 One hundred percent intelligent black child.
 My optic presentation sizzles the retina.
 How far must I go to gain respect? Um.
 Well, it's kind of simple, just remain your own
 Or you'll be crazy sad and alone.
 Industry rule number four thousand and eighty,
 record company people are shady.
 So kids watch your back 'cause I think they smoke crack,
 I don't doubt it. Look at how they act.
 Off to better things like a hip-hop forum.
 Pass me the rock and I'll storm with the crew and ...
 Proper. What you say Hammer? Proper.
 Rap is not pop, if you call it that then stop.

TheDirector217

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2007, 11:52:00 am »

Did you see his quote that hip-hop should be blamed for Michael Vick's dogfighting???  And NO, I swear that's not a misquote. [/b]
Didn't you get the memo, Hip Hop is responsible for all the world's ills, just like Heavy Metal before that, and Rock and Roll before that, and R&B before that.........but Qtip said it better

Okay, if knowledge is the key then just show me the lock.
 Got the scrawny legs but I move just like Lou Brock,
 With speed. I'm agile plus I'm worth your while.
 One hundred percent intelligent black child.
 My optic presentation sizzles the retina.
 How far must I go to gain respect? Um.
 Well, it's kind of simple, just remain your own
 Or you'll be crazy sad and alone.
 Industry rule number four thousand and eighty,
 record company people are shady.
 So kids watch your back 'cause I think they smoke crack,
 I don't doubt it. Look at how they act.
 Off to better things like a hip-hop forum.
 Pass me the rock and I'll storm with the crew and ...
 Proper. What you say Hammer? Proper.
 Rap is not pop, if you call it that then stop. [/b]
You on point, B.?   :D

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »
    Jason Whitlock should have his chair,
I really like Jason Whitlock.  I liked his column on the whole Don Imus thing.  Anyhow, did anybody see the show when Whitlock was filling in for Wilbon and they were talking about the Detroit Lions coach who was arrested for driving without pants?  Whitlock mentions a similar experience from his own past when he went "porky pigging" with Derrick Thomas's girlfriend.  The look on Kornheiser's face was priceless.

Brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »
  BTW, Whitlock is a fucking hack.  Did you see his quote that hip-hop should be blamed for Michael Vick's dogfighting???  And NO, I swear that's not a misquote.
I'm not an African-American but I have to disagree with your statement that Whitlock is a "hack" when he can make a statement like this:

"Black American culture has been hijacked by idiots. Weâ??ve allowed uneducated people to speak for us and set our agenda. The idiots told us they were going to turn "N--a" into a term of endearment. The idiots told us that if we embrace prison culture/hip-hop culture thereâ??s a pot of gold for all of us at the end of it. The idiots donâ??t tell you about the jail cell or the coffin that awaits 99 percent of the folks who embrace prison culture. There are more "rappers" in jail than in college or working a 9-to-5. That story never gets told. For every Jay-Z or Russell Simmons, there are 2,000 guys in a small sweaty box writing rhymes and fantasizing about a record deal that will never come. I donâ??t really blame the idiots. Theyâ??re the leaders because too many educated black people, particularly our religious leaders, are cowards. Weâ??re afraid to deal with the backlash Bill Cosby endured. Weâ??d rather get invited to Snoop Doggâ??s next party or accept a check from Def Jam rather than stand up for what we believe. "

- Jason Whitlock

Brian

bnyced0

« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2007, 01:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

I'm not an African-American but I have to disagree with your statement that Whitlock is a "hack" when he can make a statement like this:

"Black American culture has been hijacked by idiots. Weâ??ve allowed uneducated people to speak for us and set our agenda. The idiots told us they were going to turn "N--a" into a term of endearment. The idiots told us that if we embrace prison culture/hip-hop culture thereâ??s a pot of gold for all of us at the end of it. The idiots donâ??t tell you about the jail cell or the coffin that awaits 99 percent of the folks who embrace prison culture. There are more "rappers" in jail than in college or working a 9-to-5. That story never gets told. For every Jay-Z or Russell Simmons, there are 2,000 guys in a small sweaty box writing rhymes and fantasizing about a record deal that will never come. I donâ??t really blame the idiots. Theyâ??re the leaders because too many educated black people, particularly our religious leaders, are cowards. Weâ??re afraid to deal with the backlash Bill Cosby endured. Weâ??d rather get invited to Snoop Doggâ??s next party or accept a check from Def Jam rather than stand up for what we believe. "

- Jason Whitlock

Brian [/b]
Hear, here, my point exactly and I AM a black guy.. umm African American.  Director is pissed at him for getting front row at a Police show, taking up two seats, and then blocking his view trying to dance with his big ass during Roxanne.   :p

vansmack

« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2007, 02:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  just got my rilo kiley tix, should be a good show
Which night?
27>34

TheDirector217

« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »

Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

- Jason Whitlock

Brian [/b]
Hear, here, my point exactly and I AM a black guy.. umm African American.  Director is pissed at him for getting front row at a Police show, taking up two seats, and then blocking his view trying to dance with his big ass during Roxanne.    :D

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2007, 02:41:00 pm »
  Anywho as far as Whitlock's quote, I think there's a time & place for everything.  This ain't either.  I will leave an emphatic "No comment", & keep it moving.  I will not succumb to the Voices Inside My Head . . .

Well, Truth Hits Everybody...

Brian