Author Topic: The Police Roll Call (7/20/07)  (Read 30018 times)

nkotb

Re: The Police Roll Call (7/20/07)
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2007, 02:56:00 pm »
You're talking about gay stuff, right?

Originally posted by vansmack:
 I'd have a drink with you but I think you, me and alcohol may produce unintended results.

vansmack

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  You're talking about gay stuff, right?

I wish I knew how to quit you.
27>34

TheDirector217

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2007, 03:20:00 pm »

Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  the day itself was miserable - had just broken up with bf, and neither of us would give on the tix so we went together.
That's awesome.  I had a similar situation once for Natalie Merchant at the Greek Theater, but we had four tickets.  So she took two and I took two.  She brought her best friend.  I brought my ex-girlfriend, the one before her.  They left about half way through - we stayed for the whole show. [/b]
I used to have a weird thing for Natalie Merchant.  To this day, I can't put my finger on it.  

*Hopes silently for smackie's e-leather couch analysis*

Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Anyhow, I think the REAL reason the Police broke up was because if they stayed together any longer they would have been recording their next album up there own asses.  Look at how SERIOUS they are in this, their final video before the break-up:

Synchronicity II

Look at how SERIOUS Sting is during the final verse(at about 3:22)!  He really means it!  He doesn't think the whole thing looks silly at ALL! If he could do that without smirking, even a LITTLE, then they HAD to break up.

Contrast this with Nirvana's FIRST video.  During IT'S final verse Cobain can't keep a straight face (around 3:44).

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Brian
I feel you on that.  Sting looks like he's ready to spazz on somebody in that video.  I think Sting's something of a nomad.  That could be the only explanation for releasing lute/labrynth album he dropped before he came to his senses & reunited with Stuart & Andy.  What the fuck, was Sting releasing a 22 year late soundtrack for Dune???

TheDirector217

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »
  At this point, I find there's no sense in continuing the debate...I've just agreed to disagee with both of you.  But I really do mean it when I say I'm glad you guys enjoyed the show and got what you wanted out of it.

At some point TheDirector and I will get drunk, drop a $20 in the jukebox and wax philosophical on the Police until the rest fo the patrons politely ask us to leave because they're sick of hearing us or the Police - whichever comes first.

I'd have a drink with you but I think you, me and alcohol may produce unintended results.

But I will predict that this tour ends with the following headline:

THE POLICE BREAK UP.  AGAIN.
 AP

Stewart Copeland reports on his web site that....

There will be no album, no follow up tour, and we may never see them all on the same stage again.  And it's for the best in my eyes.
It's funny that you mention that.  For about 1.5 seconds, I stepped outside of my great time, thought about you, & actually felt bad.  That you saw a wack show & I had the time of my life.  But no matter.  One day, I may have to touch down in Frisco.  Or one day, you will come back around D.C.  We will jack the shit out of some Bose TouchTone jukebox, while skipping a certain imaginary 1986 remix.  And we will pontificate over Heineken & the greatness of what we saw as The Police.  Until security kicks us the fuck out the venue.  

For the record, I hope they don't make another album either.  I'm glad they went out on top, & I'm good with a tour I NEVER thought would happen.  Make sure when you arrive tonight at The Smackie Estates, you dig an old Police record (vinyl, not CD) & crack a cold one for me, friend.  Cause as of now, that greatness has not been tainted.  Thank you for your time.  

*steps down off soapbox*

vansmack

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
   Or one day, you will come back around D.C.  
Sept. 23-27

I'm holding out for something great at the Black Cat at the moment.  I'm not the biggest fan Kings of Leon or Rilo Kiley, but I don't hate them so if enough boardies are there, I'll do it for the moment.
27>34

TheDirector217

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »

Or one day, you will come back around D.C.  
Sept. 23-27

I'm holding out for something great at the Black Cat at the moment.  I'm not the biggest fan Kings of Leon or Rilo Kiley, but I don't hate them so if enough boardies are there, I'll do it for the moment. [/b]
I'm in there. Make sure you're fuckin' witty, too.  Don't make your visit to D.C. my version of your Oakland Coliseum debacle.  :D

vansmack

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »
  I used to have a weird thing for Natalie Merchant.  To this day, I can't put my finger on it.  

It's the mouth - quality DSLs on that one that most guys have thought about at one time or another.  Usually it happens during the college years when most guys who are now in their late 20's and early 30's got a little too into chick music because they were trying to show the ladies how sensitive they were and contemplated attending the Lilith Fair because of the music, not despite it.  I still have my Natalie Merchant, Kate Bush, Sarah McLachlan, Liz Phair, and PJ Harvey CDs stuck conveniently in the corner somewhere.
27>34

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »
She had some great armpit hair back in the day.

I worked with her cousin for about two weeks, 11 years ago. Her cousin was cute.

[

vansmack

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2007, 03:59:00 pm »
 I'm in there. Make sure you're fuckin' witty, too.
Believe me, what you see here is what you get, except that instead of typing something and having to actually hit "Add Reply" I don't have that option and it just comes out of my mouth unfiltered.
27>34

TheDirector217

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2007, 04:02:00 pm »

I'm in there. Make sure you're fuckin' witty, too.
Believe me, what you see here is what you get, except that instead of typing something and having to actually hit "Add Reply" I don't have that option and it just comes out of my mouth unfiltered. [/b]
YES! Raw, uncut SMACK!

*no homo*    :D

(^^^To answer nkotb's question from "Phrases You Hate".)

TheDirector217

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »

It's the mouth - quality DSLs on that one that most guys have thought about at one time or another.  Usually it happens during the college years when most guys who are now in their late 20's and early 30's got a little too into chick music because they were trying to show the ladies how sensitive they were and contemplated attending the Lilith Fair because of the music, not despite it.  I still have my Natalie Merchant, Kate Bush, Sarah McLachlan, Liz Phair, and PJ Harvey CDs stuck conveniently in the corner somewhere. [/b]
Never quite got to Lilith Fair, but I can't front.  A couple of chicks from college/senior year of high school is exactly what got me fuckin' with Natalie Merchant.  And yes.  Her DSL factor is DEFINITELY poppin'.  

And I actually do like "Building A Mystery."  But that's all.  

Then again, Sarah MacLachlan was kinda a cutie as well.  Vagina is such a powerful force.

*cues up Jay-Z & Black Sabbath on the iPod to recoup manliness*

TheDirector217

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »
You've got bananas "random artist tales".  Didn't Joan Jett stuff your groceries once or something???  :D  

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  She had some great armpit hair back in the day.

I worked with her cousin for about two weeks, 11 years ago. Her cousin was cute.

[ [/b]

vansmack

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2007, 04:13:00 pm »
  *no homo*
I'm rather down with the gays.  I pinch their style all the time.
27>34

TheDirector217

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2007, 04:31:00 pm »

*no homo*
I'm rather down with the gays.  I pinch their style all the time. [/b]
LOL.  I have no beef with anyone.  In the words of the great Seinfeld, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."  I simply saw it as opportunity to answer nkotb's question from yesterday.  Seeing as I occasionally play the racial crusader, that would make me quite the hypocrite.  At worst, my ego won't allow that.    ;)

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2007, 04:43:00 pm »
You have an ego? I never would have guessed.

;)  [/b][/quote]