Author Topic: Silverchair was awesome  (Read 4969 times)

mindspeed

Silverchair was awesome
« on: July 25, 2007, 07:38:00 am »
The Silverchair show was awesome last nite.Wanted to see them forever and luckily things worked out this time around.The only bad thing about the show was the two bitches behind us.The poking on the back--CAN WE GET IN FRONT OF YOU?We all 3 told you NO then you and your little friend had to stand behind us and constantly call us every name in the book.Number 1--very immature.Word of advice--have a little respect for the other people around you at a show cause if you're gonna go there and act like an asshole then YOU SHOULD STAY THE HELL HOME.Then the little one kept ramming her purse up my ass and kept punching me in my back--you're lucky I didn't turn around and lay your fuckin' ass out but then I would have been kicked out or maybe even arrested and believe me someone like YOU isn't worth it.SO next time you go to a show you might wanna stop acting like you're in fuckin' middle school and act like an adult.And if you wanna get up front then get there early instead of coming in late  and pushing your way up front and pissing everybody off around you.

TheREALHunter

Re: Silverchair was awesome
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 08:01:00 am »
ooo hot Silverchair drama, love it!

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:22:00 am »
dont you have a blog you could put these BS in?

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 09:06:00 am »
Next time please actually tell us about the show.

kcjones119

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 09:10:00 am »
Damn, you'd expect this kind of abhorrent behavior at a Toadies or Seven Mary Three show, but I thought Silverchair fans were above this...

RustyOrgan

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 09:25:00 am »
PURE MASSACRE!!

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 09:26:00 am »
Was this guy even alive when Silverchair broke? Talk about yr pot kettle black.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 09:42:00 am »
well i've been listening to the full album streaming on Silverchair's website and it's pretty darn good.  had to check out why Entertainment Weekly made it's Editor Pick of the week along with a A- review describing it as Glam Rock...  It's kinda like the T. Rex with a bit of Supergrass and Ash tossed in.  There are a couple piano ballad clunkers though...
T.Rex

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 09:56:00 am »
I don't know if my review of it would be that kind, but I definitely think it's an improvement over what faded memories I have of this band.

Originally posted by kosmo:
  well i've been listening to the full album streaming on Silverchair's website and it's pretty darn good.  had to check out why Entertainment Weekly made it's Editor Pick of the week along with a A- review describing it as Glam Rock...  It's kinda like the T. Rex with a bit of Supergrass and Ash tossed in.  There are a couple piano ballad clunkers though...

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 10:15:00 am »
Originally posted by kcjones119:
  Damn, you'd expect this kind of abhorrent behavior at a Toadies or Seven Mary Three show, but I thought Silverchair fans were above this...
do NOT compare the Toadies to Seven Mary Three or Silverchair.

ever ever ever.

thank you.

andyrichter

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 10:53:00 am »
toadies are definitely a step up from those bands.  they're more on the level of a gin blossoms/live/collective soul.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 11:01:00 am »
Thanks for pointing out the fine line between a crap and a shit.

Originally posted by andyrichter:
  toadies are definitely a step up from those bands.  they're more on the level of a gin blossoms/live/collective soul.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 11:21:00 am »
Toadies, Seven Mary Three, Silverchair, Live, Collective Soul, Better Than Ezra - All equally horrible!

nkotb

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 11:25:00 am »
Anyone clamoring for a Tori Amos pre-sale password should probably reserve their judgments.

I know a guy from high school who I still (unfortunately) talk to occasionally who fucking LOVES Seven Mary Three.  And not just for "Cumbersome"; he honestly gets outraged if anyone calls them a one-hit wonder.  Gotta admire his dedication, if nothing else...

Originally posted by RustyOrgan:
  Toadies, Seven Mary Three, Silverchair, Live, Collective Soul, Better Than Ezra - All equally horrible!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 11:28:00 am »
Tori Amos is a fucking ICON - also an incredibly talented musician / performer. Seven Mary Three is a complete piece of shit right up there with Dishwalla, Gegay Tah, Cake, etc.