Author Topic: Are these shows worth going to?  (Read 5742 times)

palahniukkubrick

Are these shows worth going to?
« on: November 17, 2003, 05:21:00 pm »
buzzcocks on dec 5
 placebo on dec 12
 david bowie on dec 7

I like all of these bands, but I'm wondering how their live performances are. If you've been to one of their shows, how were they?  :)

Bags

Re: Are these shows worth going to?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 05:25:00 pm »
I haven't been to a Buzzcocks show in about 9 years, but they were *phenomenal* -- one of the best shows I've seen.

Can't speak to the rest.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 05:29:00 pm »
Stellastar* is opening the Placebo show.  Have they been discussed on this board yet?  I like em.  That singer sounds just like a Phantasmagoria era Dave Vaniam at times.  It's a pretty fun record.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 05:51:00 pm »
Out of those three I've only seen David Bowie, and his live performance was nothing short of amazing.

markie

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 05:56:00 pm »
Well I have seen placebo a couple of times, but I didnt go last time they were in town. They normally only play for an hour and play mostly from the current album. I dont like sleeping with ghosts.

If you like sleeping with ghosts I would gamble that you you would think it a great show. If you dont you probably wouldnt like the show.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 06:05:00 pm »
I recommend the Placebo show. Stellastarr* are excellent live, and I was really impressed Placebo when they last played the 9:30 Club.

bobcat1

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 02:08:00 am »
The Buzzcocks were great at the Ottobar a few months ago. I thought the show was great 'cause of the intimate atmosphere, so not really sure how it will play out in a bigger venue.

bungle bud

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 08:59:00 am »
another vote for placebo, and they played a few songs from black market music, i dont like swg but the songs did sound good live and brian looks fantastic.

MaLo

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 09:38:00 am »
bowie is excellent live, but the show is pricey...or at least too pricey for me

mankie

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 10:39:00 am »
I've seen Bowie loads of times and have yet to see a disapointing performance. Every showhas been amazing....If you've never seen him live and you're a fan, then you really should go.

I think the advantage Bowie has over the other 'old-timers' is that he's aged gracefully, so you won't see a 50+ year old man trying to be the sexy rockstar...unlike Jagger and the rest.

jakez468

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 12:05:00 pm »
placebo was cool this summer, and bowie sucked at area 1 or whatever moby's tour was called

mankie

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 12:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by jakez468:
  placebo was cool this summer, and bowie sucked at area 1 or whatever moby's tour was called
That doesn't count....anyway, you paid to see Moby so what the flying fuck would you know about good shows?

MaLo

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2003, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by jakez468:
i didn't think he sucked at Area 1, and i left before moby came on...only thing that sucked about that show was that it was about 100 degrees out...i saw bowie a month later in paris, it was awesome as well, and i had a baguette sandwich

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
If Bowie sucked at Area 1, that's because he probably had to share the stage with bullshit like Incubus or Busta Rhymes. That would mean that the performance half-sucked

Santos L. Halper

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by bobcat1:
  The Buzzcocks were great at the Ottobar a few months ago. I thought the show was great 'cause of the intimate atmosphere, so not really sure how it will play out in a bigger venue.
I missed Buzzcocks at Ottobar, but saw them open for Pearl Jam at big venues and they still rocked.  I'm sure they'll blow the roof on Dec 5.