Author Topic: There may be hope for the US justice system after all.  (Read 3711 times)

markie

Re: There may be hope for the US justice system after all.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 04:32:00 pm »
Whoa steady on cowboy.

That is a minefield. Its everyones god given right to reproduce. Interferring with that right is very prickly indead.

"then stopped when she refused to hire an occupational therapist to evaluate the safety of her home, she said."

"The staff also was concerned that Chambers had soiled underwear and wondered whether she could keep a baby clean, Horvath said."

Though in this case it would seem that the law was sensible, but if she had a partner or had been able to look after herself well, I see no reason why a blind person should not have a child.

G.Love

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 09:28:00 am »
A blind lesbian?  sounds like the perfect mate for Rosie O'Donnell!!!

mankie

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 10:36:00 am »
My point was simply that a frivolous lawsuit was thrown out...nothing more, nothing less.

paige

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 12:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  Whoa steady on cowboy.

That is a minefield. Its everyones god given right to reproduce. Interferring with that right is very prickly indead.

funny you say that, mr. smith. i'm taking an ethics class and - if you are going to go by the CHURCH's laws (which i know a lot of people don't agree with, but still you mentioned "God") - it is actually not anyone's  right to have children, it is technically a privelege. in some papal encyclical, some pope from the 90s' (wow i'm well read.. not) addressed this idea of "rights v priveleges" for having children and he mentioned that just because you are given the equipment doesn't mean you can use the machine any time you want.. parenting has responsibilities and blah blah blah..

i don't know why i'm going on and on about this, but i'm bored and felt like maybe starting a dispute. but then again. what i stated above isn't necessarily what i think is right.. i dunno.

but how can a blind woman have a baby? unless she's got some man (in her case, woman) to help her out? hmmmm. random.

flawd101

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2003, 04:06:00 pm »
how tall are you Mr. Smith?

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 04:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  how tall are you Mr. Smith?
I've seen him and he's about 3'2" tall. He's one of the Keebler elves. About this time of year, he pulls some extra dough in by working some shifts at the North Pole for Santa. He's actually one of the taller ones. Comes in handy reaching those mid-level shelves.

flawd101

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2003, 10:42:00 pm »
i'm not sure i want him making my cookies....but santas bitch sounds like a good job for him....now only if i knew which one he is.....

Sir HC

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 11:55:00 am »
If she had this kid in 2001, well what is the status of the child?  Doing well, does she have a partner, how is she doing as a mom.  Honestly it is up there with the retarded parents, there comes a point where you don't know or can not tell if your child is safe.  Not sure if she is a good mom or not, but I would imagine that it is much harder for her than most others.

Celeste

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 12:04:00 pm »
Well, here's a radical idea...I'm not big on fertility treatments anyway...if one can't conceive, perhaps they should accept this and find other ways to be fulfilled in life, or adopt, if appropriate.

Now, if they wanted to sterilize her, that would not be ethical, but I certainly don't think she should push the issue of having a baby.

G.Love

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 01:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by flawd101:
 [qb]  About this time of year, he pulls some extra dough in by working some shifts at the North Pole for Santa.  [/b]
SAAAAAANTA!!!  SANTA!!!
 I know him!!! I know him!!!!

mankie

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2003, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by G.Love:
   [/qb]
SAAAAAANTA!!!  SANTA!!!
 I know him!!! I know him!!!! [/QB][/QUOTE]

I just realized that if you re-arrange the letters of SANTA you get SATAN.

I bet the jews knew that already though.

Bags

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2003, 01:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  That is a minefield. Its everyones god given right to reproduce. Interferring with that right is very prickly indeed.

I agree with Celeste on this.  Isn't "interfering" the fertility treatments themselves?

flawd101

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »
santa is satan....he stole the holiday from jesus and made it about him getting cookies while the parents buy gifts.  he has a bunch of kids sit on his lap and they tell him what they want....one of the biggest lies ever...he enslaved reindeer to drag his fat ass around. its about love of material goods and spending time with your evil family until someone gets drunk and everybody fights over money.

jews wouldn't tell us cuz they make money with all the shopping and stuff....

so happy hollidays especially christmas.

markie

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2003, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:/qb]
I agree with Celeste on this.  Isn't "interfering" the fertility treatments themselves? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sure...... If you wish to reject fertility treatments you may also wish to forgo all the benefits of modern medicine too? A lot of people use medical devices to prevent becoming pregnant, why not use medical help to become pregnant?