Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10608361 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #14775 on: September 22, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by killsaly:
  They let you bring beer in for My Morning Jacket.
i've been to a few shows where they let you bring drinks into the hall, but generally they don't.

Originally posted by andyrichter:
 thanks for the warning.  will heed.
you say that based one bad opinion, vs. 4 positives?  personally, i think the hatred against DAR is mostly ideological.  if you go with an open mind, chances are you'll enjoy the show.  it's not my favorite venue but it's not a bad venue - certainly not enough worth skipping a band you're interested in seeing.  YMMV.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #14776 on: September 22, 2008, 11:55:00 pm »
DAR blows..I mean if you don't care about sound quality at a concert I guess its good... if you don't care about having a reasonable sightline from a majority of the seats. .if you don't feel you should be able to rock out with a beer in your hand..then I guess its great!.

its not just me.. I have many friends who won't go there anymore..the security is a big pain in the ass and are always throwing out people.. I hung in there for a while.. but the sound is just awful and I've given up. .its not meant to have concerts! It simply does not have the acoustics..

Its not a place for rock concerts..

I saw the Hendrix tribute concert and it was a nightmare.. they don't mind selling you the beer but then they don't let you take it in WHILE THE SHOW IS GOING ON! you try to stand up on the side not blocking anybody and you got some big bouncer giving you the treatment....

The best thing to do with DAR is avoid it and tell Seth to do what he should have done two years ago; BUILD A MIDSIZE concert venue.the city has outgrown the 930 club for too many of its concerts.. they are selling out pretty much anything.. if we had a 2000 capacity place Wilco could play that.. Nick Cave could play that etc they wouldn't have to do two nights etc... DC is begging for it... instead of doing this he prefers to rent DAR.. at our expense because that is not an adequate venue for concerts.... well one day Live Nation is going to build that mid size venue (maybe soon if that silver spring fillmore is built but that would kinda suck cause it would be in silver spring) so Seth might as well do it now instead of paying to rent a pretty lame place to host these concerts that are too big for the 930...

i've written some of the guys in the dc city council about our need for a midsize venue... from what they said when they wrote back they are not opposed to the idea... i just don't get why seth doesn't plow some of what have to be profits from the 930 (prices at the 930 aint exactly cheap and they're selling out so many shows its ridiculous.. a bottle of bud is five bucks.. there's got to be money being made here) into expanding his empire with his own midsize venue...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14777 on: September 22, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »
The Homosexuals
 Velvet Lounge
 11/13

nice.
(_|_)

bellenseb

« Reply #14778 on: September 23, 2008, 12:15:00 am »
Black Cat:

Sun Dec 7- RADAR BROS. $10 Backstage 9:00 (on sale Sept. 26)

Mon Dec 29- THE DAMNED, THEO AND THE SKYSCRAPERS, ELECTRIC FRANKENSTEIN $18 Adv/ $20 DOS 8:00 (on sale Sept. 26)

Darth Ed

« Reply #14779 on: September 23, 2008, 12:58:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
  Smashing Pumpkins 20th Anniversary Tour
 DAR Constitution Hall
 Tue 11/11 & Wed 11/12
 $58.50

AMEX Presale Tomorrow.
How does one get in on the presale? I have an AMEX Blue card that I almost never use....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14780 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10:00 am »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
 How does one get in on the presale? I have an AMEX Blue card that I almost never use....
go to the show's TM page and have amex in hand.  choose the Amex presale box (use regular amex presale box and not Gold amex presale) and pay with amex once you pull up tickets.  you must pay using an amex.  simple as that.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #14781 on: September 23, 2008, 10:14:00 am »
anyone know how to get the david byrne presale?

hutch

« Reply #14782 on: September 23, 2008, 10:45:00 am »
should have known.. after doing some research i find password for david byrne at warner theatre is

ghosts

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14783 on: September 23, 2008, 11:19:00 am »
david byrne isn't worth $75.
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #14784 on: September 23, 2008, 11:34:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
well i'll be going for free.. i was just getting the password for a friend and figured i'd share it on here as somebody privately emailed me asking me if i could get it to him if i found it

i long ago learned that what music is "worth" is entirely subjective...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14785 on: September 23, 2008, 11:48:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
this, from the person who'll spend hundreds on bjork...

:p
<sig>

RustyOrgan

« Reply #14786 on: September 23, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »
yeah - David Byrne sucks.  I'd rather see Bjork and i don't even really listen to that stuff.

BookerT

« Reply #14787 on: September 23, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »
shearwater
 millennium stage (free)
 october 15

« Reply #14788 on: September 23, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »
I'm not a huge fan of his voice, but for that price, i may have found my one October show to go to.

Originally posted by BookerT:
  shearwater
 millennium stage (free)
 october 15

« Reply #14789 on: September 23, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »
Some woman has called and left three messages on my work phone number today telling me that she hasn't received her tax incentive check. She left her name and social security number.

My work answering machine gives my name and who I work for. I'm not sure who gives out the checks, but it has nothing to do with who I work for.

Too weird.