Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9995656 times)

Bagley

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #26940 on: June 29, 2012, 04:17:34 pm »
Posting to say i think the word 'douche' should be outlawed.

second that emotion

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #26941 on: June 29, 2012, 04:30:18 pm »
As was once said by a leader of a certain group in our society...  "By any means necessary".

I'm worried about you.. with your ill health and constant need for surgery can you afford all this bitterness and hatred? I mean I know you've been unemployed for four years but try to stay upbeat and positive man... Moreover, if you're OK spending your days fighting health insurance companies and trying to get covered for stuff you should be covered for in the first place I can't argue with you man. Live and let live.

Personally I don't get why people would be so bothered about people being able to get health care...seems like a huge step forward to me. To get so worked up about an ill person being able to afford a doctor seems nutty.

No need to worry about me.  I am a big boy and I take care of myself.  However I have not uttered one word of hatred.  (Rusty on the other hand...)  People already CAN get health care.  They can choose to spend their money how them damn well please.  It is not the governments job to get into it though.  Consumers have to fight all the time to get corporations to do as they should.  I have to deal with Comcast frequently.  I guess we should have the government take over the cable companies next since some people choose to spend money elsewhere and "cant afford" cable?

Well that is your opinion and if you enjoy bitchin' at comcast all the time that is your choice. I don't.  Every other industrialized country in the world gives people health care and I don't see them complaining.. they live longer, experience healthier lives and it goes on and on.. I guess we just can't have it in the US according to you?

Personally, I think a healthy society is a better society. Rather than have people go to emergency rooms where we the taxpayers end up paying anyways why not have people buy health care so they can get preventive care?

Up to a few years ago there were close to 50 million people without health care and the numbers were rising. At those rates who knows but maybe 100 million people would lack health care in a few decades? I guess that is ok with you? Not much of a society if you ask me.

There is nothing wrong with government doing things to improve people's health. After all government is nothing more than us. We are the government. Don't we want people to live healthy and long lives? I know I do. I suppose you'd rather they die in the streets cause they didn't make the right choices.

By the way, I am guessing you have no problem collecting unemployment which makes you a big fuckin' hypocrite.

No one GIVES anyone anything.  Someone pays for it.  The only reason people lack health care now is because they choose not to buy insurance and spend their money elsewhere.  If you choose not to buy insurance and assume the risk of getting sick and needing care then that is your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and not anyone else's job to cover.  I am NOT ion unemployment so you guess (ASSumption) is invalid as the rest of your baseless and very poorly thought out argument.

Take it to another thread Jackie. Like the Commentary thread. But you're wrong.. insurance companies routinely denied coverage to people with "Pre-existing" conditions like my sister with multiple sclerosis.

And well they should.  Insurance should have been purchased BEFORE the diagnosis.  That is why it is called INSURANCE.  You INSURE AGAINST something bad happening.  I feel badly for anyone who is ill, but if that person chose to NOT get health care coverage BEFORE they got sick, it is not anyone's job to take care of them for free or at any reduced cost at all.  They assumed that risk by not getting insurance ahead of time.
FUKIT

Yada

« Reply #26942 on: June 29, 2012, 04:32:10 pm »
Since she's used to sleeping with gay men, I'm going to have to go with Walkonby to fulfill that role.

http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/29/12482926-tom-cruise-and-katie-holmes-divorcing?lite

here . . . i'll give you guys something else to discuss/argue about.  shocking!

Maybe one of us can be katie's rebound. 

I l'dol

i am gay and i like cats

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #26944 on: June 29, 2012, 04:35:26 pm »
Ratbastard, you sound like a neanderthal. Many societies have tried your "every man for himself" nonsense many times before in history (including the United States in the late 19th/early 20th century) and have all failed miserably. How any human being can read your drivel and not be completely offended by it is unfathomable.

I'll stop with this in this thread now.

Being personally responsible is drivel?  hat is EXACVTLY why this country is going down the shitter.  The libtards think it is the job of those who make responsible choices in live to be forced to take care of those who make poor choices.  No one is stopping anyone form buying insurance at any point.  If one waits until they are such a high rick person and insurance is cost prohibitive, well then that is the result of their decision to not buy insurance earlier.    The absurd part (and glaring hole in this all) is that the people who cry and complain that they cannot 'afford' insurance (really meaning they choose to spend their money elsewhere) are going to be forced to buy it under the great Bammy's plan, and all of a sudden they LOVE it and are going to choose to do what they should have done all along?  Well if they had just bought insurance in the first place and not ASSUMED THE RISK of getting sick, then they would not be whining now...  It all comes down to making choices and living with the consequences.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
FUKIT

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #26946 on: June 29, 2012, 07:11:12 pm »
enough fucking politics please

I don't know which is worse...that, or watching people get all giddy about my competitors' shows

wml7

« Reply #26947 on: June 29, 2012, 07:19:12 pm »
U tell em sethy, when is vfest? ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26948 on: June 29, 2012, 08:14:54 pm »

I don't know which is worse...that, or watching people get all giddy about my competitors' shows

hot.

jrho

« Reply #26949 on: June 30, 2012, 10:11:46 am »
The Smithsonian Folklife Festival is cancelled for Saturday, June 30 to repair damage to the tents from last night's storm. They are hoping to be able to reopen the festival on Sunday.

wml7

« Reply #26950 on: June 30, 2012, 01:03:02 pm »
Free Pauly Shore, acorrding to his twitter

PaulyShore Last call for free tickets by 2pm et tomorrow please msg paulyshorevip@gmail. If you dont get a reply you are not on the list. Thanks
http://paulyshore.com/
 ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #26951 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:32 pm »
Wow. Not a hot seller, I guess.
احمد

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #26952 on: June 30, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »

Tell your mods to lay the law down. Geez.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #26953 on: June 30, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »

Well damn I was just starting to have fun playing with the others!
FUKIT

Vas Deferens

« Reply #26954 on: July 01, 2012, 07:24:30 am »
Lightning Bolt
Floristree
(_|_)