Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10021032 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #26970 on: July 02, 2012, 10:43:05 pm »
Well damn I was just starting to have fun playing with the others!

Back to playing with yourself.

No one else knows you quite as well as you know yourself!
FUKIT

azaghal1981

« Reply #26971 on: July 03, 2012, 01:01:38 am »
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26972 on: July 04, 2012, 02:18:09 pm »
frank ocean coming out as gay . . . is like the rza and the gza coming out as members of the kkk.  in other words, goodbye your career.

azaghal1981

« Reply #26973 on: July 04, 2012, 02:52:00 pm »
frank ocean coming out as gay . . . is like the rza and the gza coming out as members of the kkk.  in other words, goodbye your career.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/04/a-musician-and-a-critic-make-some-points-about-love/?smid=tw-nytimesmusic&seid=auto

So he came out on his Tumblr late last year?
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26974 on: July 04, 2012, 03:02:31 pm »
no, he wrote the letter late last year . . . only hit the tumblr (i'm sorry, do i really have to look it up; i don't know what tumblr is.  i know what grindr is, what a shock, but is tumblr some other cool facebook/twitter thing?).  he is the first openly (they don't even know if he is gay or bi) hiphoprap artist.  sometimes i get upset at famous gay people or athletes that come out after 'the getting is gone' as if what they did holds no meaning.  as if what anderson cooper did, and now this frankie goes to hollywood's ocean character have done in the peaks of their fame is any more important.  if you come out as gay, you change as a person in the eyes or everyone else.  the ways of perception are ususally everything in society.  i feel bad for him, only in the regard that his career as a musician is over.  like a very overweight person woman in the world of television and movies.  that is the way it is.  we created that world we can't stop paying attention to . . . so we can't complain about it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:06:30 pm by walkonby »

azaghal1981

« Reply #26975 on: July 04, 2012, 03:22:24 pm »
Ahh, I thought it was published to the tumblr late last year. And yeah, tumblr is another blogging site, basically.

Here's the only one I frequent.
احمد

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #26976 on: July 05, 2012, 09:33:00 am »
no, he wrote the letter late last year . . . only hit the tumblr (i'm sorry, do i really have to look it up; i don't know what tumblr is.  i know what grindr is, what a shock, but is tumblr some other cool facebook/twitter thing?).  he is the first openly (they don't even know if he is gay or bi) hiphoprap artist.  sometimes i get upset at famous gay people or athletes that come out after 'the getting is gone' as if what they did holds no meaning.  as if what anderson cooper did, and now this frankie goes to hollywood's ocean character have done in the peaks of their fame is any more important.  if you come out as gay, you change as a person in the eyes or everyone else.  the ways of perception are ususally everything in society.  i feel bad for him, only in the regard that his career as a musician is over.  like a very overweight person woman in the world of television and movies.  that is the way it is.  we created that world we can't stop paying attention to . . . so we can't complain about it.
There has been a SLEW of support for Frank, he's a very well respected and sought after musician and I think that anyone who doesn't support him at this point is just afraid as coming off as a homophobe. What he did was incredibly brave, especially at this point in his career. He's on the verge of releasing his 2nd full length album and anyone and everyone who has followed him over the past 2 years is incredibly excited. I know I am. I was just confused a little because he DOES talk about dicking down girls in his songs, so maybe he was just hiding behind that... Regardless, I still love his music as much as I did last week. Super bummed I didn't get tickets for his show at the club.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #26977 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:47 am »
Bisexual guys like to dick down girls too.

There has been a SLEW of support for Frank, he's a very well respected and sought after musician and I think that anyone who doesn't support him at this point is just afraid as coming off as a homophobe. What he did was incredibly brave, especially at this point in his career. He's on the verge of releasing his 2nd full length album and anyone and everyone who has followed him over the past 2 years is incredibly excited. I know I am. I was just confused a little because he DOES talk about dicking down girls in his songs, so maybe he was just hiding behind that... Regardless, I still love his music as much as I did last week. Super bummed I didn't get tickets for his show at the club.

slappy

« Reply #26978 on: July 05, 2012, 11:36:30 am »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #26979 on: July 05, 2012, 12:35:06 pm »

Is he bi? I thought he just came out as gay. I guess that makes sense. He also mentions that he had been with women before he fell in love with this guy.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #26980 on: July 05, 2012, 12:48:21 pm »
Aaron Freeman also known to all you hippys as Gene Ween
The Southern Charlottesville 12/1
 ;D

James Ford

« Reply #26981 on: July 05, 2012, 01:30:40 pm »
He jsut said his first love was a man. He didn't claim any kind of orientation.

Is he bi? I thought he just came out as gay. I guess that makes sense. He also mentions that he had been with women before he fell in love with this guy.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26982 on: July 05, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »
 ;D

what is "the southern"?

wml7

« Reply #26983 on: July 05, 2012, 02:59:31 pm »
 ;D

what is "the southern"?

A smaller club right near the Jefferson theater on the downtown mall.   Not too shabby of a venue
http://thesoutherncville.com/
 ;D

Got Haggis?

« Reply #26984 on: July 06, 2012, 11:30:21 am »