Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10026350 times)

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #40485 on: February 16, 2017, 10:15:18 pm »
Midnight Oil
you know kilsaly is totally going to this

I bet this will be a fun show, I don't really know their catalog that well

maybe it's the right time for MO with all the politics infecting our lives
slack

hutch

« Reply #40486 on: February 16, 2017, 10:31:23 pm »
Midnight Oil

I've always heard Midnight Oil is spectacular live.. I'm tempted for sure... its sorta our last chance if you think about it...

but I must say while January and February have been horrible April and May are beginning to line up nicely

« Reply #40487 on: February 16, 2017, 10:39:40 pm »
Midnight Oil

I've always heard Midnight Oil is spectacular live.. I'm tempted for sure... its sorta our last chance if you think about it...

but I must say while January and February have been horrible April and May are beginning to line up nicely
For access to exclusive pre-sale offers, sign up to the band?s mailing list here, prior to the pre-sale dates listed.
Pre-sale: Wed 22 Feb (10:00am local time)
slack

hutch

« Reply #40488 on: February 16, 2017, 10:48:51 pm »
new Roger Waters album... I think its been like 25 years

the tracklist has leaked

1. Giraffes on the Wing (Part 1)
2. Cats
3. Giraffes (Three Different Ones)
4. Pigeons
5. Giraffes on the Wing (Part 2)

« Reply #40489 on: February 16, 2017, 11:09:22 pm »
Not sure if this was announced, but noticed it when looking at FSS

Rock and Roll For Children Foundation's 2017 Bash with Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul featuring Steven Van Zandt

Ok...it's a charity event and the tickets are pricey
$136

but...it did say OPEN BAR....
slack

hutch

« Reply #40490 on: February 17, 2017, 12:45:14 am »
looks like a new project called Poptone.. including Daniel Ash, Kevin Haskins and Diva...

not sure what it means.. could be a project to hit the road..that is what I'm hoping..

« Reply #40491 on: February 17, 2017, 09:22:45 am »
Diva...
I assume that is not David J?

edit ...guess not
Kevin Michael Dompe , better known as Kevin Haskins, is a drummer, best known from the British rock group Bauhaus. He was also a member of Tones on Tail and Love and Rockets. He currently lives in Los Angeles with his wife Pamela Dompe and two daughters Diva and Lola
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:24:47 am by Are they friends of yours?🛠|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|🚀 »
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #40492 on: February 17, 2017, 12:01:50 pm »
Ryan Adams with Jenny Lewis
MPP
5/12

Yada

« Reply #40493 on: February 17, 2017, 12:24:17 pm »
MPP
5/12

MPP really catering to the indie/country darlings this summer... I predict turrible ticket sales!

Relaxer

« Reply #40494 on: February 17, 2017, 04:44:59 pm »
You know, I really loved Midnight Oil back in the 80s. That show is tempting but I would have to hear his voice before I shelled out the money and made that drive. Those guys who did the big booming singing with wide-open voices typically don't age all that well, and he wasn't exactly young when they hit it big more than 30 years ago.

I've listened to recent bootlegs from Offspring, Richard Ashcroft, and Motley Crue and holy shit the vocals are just awful.
oword

ggw

« Reply #40495 on: February 17, 2017, 05:28:29 pm »
I ran into Peter Garrett coming out of some NGO's office on K street back in 1992-93. He actually said "G'day" when he got onto the crowded elevator.

hutch

« Reply #40496 on: February 17, 2017, 06:34:45 pm »
I think he has retired from politics as of 2013 but he had a very successful second career.... I believe he was Minister (equivalent of Cabinet Secretary in the US) for the Environment and perhaps also Education...

I was never a huge Midnight Oil fan but they do have some killer songs... and I have always respected them and they kind of make the decision easy by having tickets at $33! I haven't bought a ticket yet but probably will look to do so...

I guess that is not that surprising.. these guys always walk the walk (I prefer "walk the talk")

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/walk-the-walk.html

Space Freely

« Reply #40497 on: February 17, 2017, 08:55:32 pm »
MPP
5/12

MPP really catering to the indie/country darlings this summer... I predict turrible ticket sales!

And STILL I'm not tempted to go.

hutch

« Reply #40498 on: February 17, 2017, 09:28:44 pm »
MPP
5/12

Ryan Adams is about as country as I am Chinese...

Space Freely

« Reply #40499 on: February 17, 2017, 09:39:07 pm »
MPP
5/12

Ryan Adams is about as country as I am Chinese...

sounds pretty country to me...

Ryan Adams was born on November 5, 1974, in Jacksonville, North Carolina. He has an older brother and younger sister.[3] His childhood has been described as "dysfunctional." His father left when he was five and at that time he, his mother and his brother and sister had to move in with his grandparents as they became homeless as a result of the divorce. A year later his grandmother threw them out of the house because she did not want to deal with the children any longer. After that time Ryan never lived with his grandparents again (regardless of his comments to the contrary) but was a frequent visitor in their home. Ryan was raised by his mother as a single parent until he was 13 at which time she remarried.

Adams attended Jacksonville High School but dropped out when he turned 16 in tenth grade, moving to live with bandmate Jere McIlwean at his rental house just outside Jacksonville.[8] Around this time he performed briefly with two local bands, Ass and The Lazy Stars. Following this, Adams joined The Patty Duke Syndrome and once played in a bar in Jacksonville. After obtaining his GED, Adams left Jacksonville for Raleigh, shortly followed by McIlwean.