Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10034264 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #40725 on: March 07, 2017, 04:44:24 pm »
It actually may be a good call.  Everybody's battery will be dead after being at the Science March all day.

analogfossa

« Reply #40726 on: March 07, 2017, 05:50:43 pm »
Cage the Elephant
Lincoln
4/22

Please note: No cellphones, smart watches, cameras or recording devices will be allowed at Cage the Elephant ? Live and Unpeeled The Acoustic Tour. Upon arrival, all phones and smart watches will be secured in Yondr pouches that will be unlocked at the end of the show.

lol

You're joking, right?

Those fucknuts are a G Love cover band trying to sound like Jack White

I am still reeling over this.  who would agree to this?  you keep your phones on you locked in a pouch?  people are obsessed with their phones at shows.  the age range of people going to this show  need their phone at a show.  uhmm . . . hello; the kids at home with the babysitter eating all your food?  gurl.  really?
Personally, I think artists need to get over it. Even "living the dream" as touring artist will have its downsides. That and no one can use the "flash is distracting" excuse when everyone is using elaborate light shows now...

hutch

« Reply #40727 on: March 07, 2017, 05:52:08 pm »
I blinded Dr. John once when I flashed him...

ggw

« Reply #40728 on: March 07, 2017, 06:11:11 pm »
The dude from the Lumineers used those pouches at some of their shows and at his own wedding.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/07/05/483110284/lock-screen-at-these-music-shows-phones-go-in-a-pouch-and-dont-come-out

Kubacheck

« Reply #40729 on: March 07, 2017, 06:12:16 pm »
Billy Bragg
July 24
Birchmere

hutch

« Reply #40730 on: March 07, 2017, 07:16:02 pm »
TOTO
Maryland Hall (Annapolis)
6-14

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #40731 on: March 07, 2017, 10:35:46 pm »

K8teebug

« Reply #40732 on: March 08, 2017, 08:39:06 am »
The dude from the Lumineers used those pouches at some of their shows and at his own wedding.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/07/05/483110284/lock-screen-at-these-music-shows-phones-go-in-a-pouch-and-dont-come-out

What a fucking douchebag

I'm actually for it. At least asking that people not use their phones. I am so fucking tired of people who can't just experience a show they paid money to see. And I'm tired of screens in my face at show. And I don't care if that makes me old. Savages and Prince asked people not to to use phones at their shows. And no one did. And it was awesome.

Space Freely

« Reply #40733 on: March 08, 2017, 09:24:04 am »

What a fucking douchebag

I'm actually for it. At least asking that people not use their phones. I am so fucking tired of people who can't just experience a show they paid money to see. And I'm tired of screens in my face at show. And I don't care if that makes me old. Savages and Prince asked people not to to use phones at their shows. And no one did. And it was awesome.

I told my wife about this and she also said she was very much in favor as well.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #40734 on: March 08, 2017, 10:01:43 am »
Then no drinking at concerts either. I'm tired of assholes getting drunk and ruining my experience at a show and I'm tired of venues charging $10 for a single bottle of beer. If you want to ban cameras because they annoy people then ban every f****** thing else that annoys people.

Space Freely

« Reply #40735 on: March 08, 2017, 10:06:43 am »
Then no drinking at concerts either. I'm tired of assholes getting drunk and ruining my experience at a show and I'm tired of venues charging $10 for a single bottle of beer. If you want to ban cameras because they annoy people then ban every f****** thing else that annoys people.

Don't forget the banning of tall people. Or at least creating a separate pen in the back to confine them to.

« Reply #40736 on: March 08, 2017, 10:13:08 am »

Don't forget the banning of tall people. Or at least creating a separate pen in the back to confine them to.
now we are talking

on that note...why do concert halls always have flat floors?
why couldn't they slope up as the go back...so the back of the room is 1-2 feet higher than the front
or at least have the last 20 feet be on a platform that is 2 feet higher?
slack

Got Haggis?

« Reply #40737 on: March 08, 2017, 10:18:56 am »
who cares if people take photos or short videos

people that record entire songs can be shot on sight though

analogfossa

« Reply #40738 on: March 08, 2017, 11:12:41 am »

What a fucking douchebag

People had their phones out at Savages' Rock and Roll hotel show and no one really cared. NPR's Bob Boilen even took some pics from his smartphone.

Space Freely

« Reply #40739 on: March 08, 2017, 11:14:35 am »

What a fucking douchebag

People had their phones out at Savages' Rock and Roll hotel show and no one really cared. NPR's Bob Boilen even took some pics from his smartphone.

Well geez, if Bob Boiling does it, I guess that makes it cool.