Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10252894 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #40740 on: March 08, 2017, 11:27:18 am »
who cares if people take photos or short videos

people that record entire songs can be shot on sight though

If one records an entire song, but does it from a spot near the wall where no one is behind one, still murder-worthy, asking for a friend.

azaghal1981

« Reply #40741 on: March 08, 2017, 11:37:43 am »
I was very tempted to try and snap a pic at the Neutral Milk Hotel show I attended because my being busted for taking a pic would be hilarious for obvious reasons (I most likely would've been left alone).
احمد

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #40742 on: March 08, 2017, 11:50:09 am »
Saw Ryan Adams on Sunday (what a tonal shift that was to Flaming Lips the next night), and he had a roadie ccme out as soon as the lights went down at the end of the set and ask everyone to take their phones out and take a photo to ensure their flashes were off. Now, supposedly, he has vertigo so I would give him a pass on this request but this followed up with his insistence that the venue stop alcohol sales 30 minutes BEFORE HIS SET STARTED which was one of the most batshit insane things I've ever endured.
LVMH

walkie,talkie

« Reply #40743 on: March 08, 2017, 11:51:26 am »
I was very tempted to try and snap a pic at the Neutral Milk Hotel show I attended because my being busted for taking a pic would be hilarious for obvious reasons (I most likely would've been left alone).

jeff would have, seen, the irony . . . wrote a song about it, and then kicked you out.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #40744 on: March 08, 2017, 11:54:45 am »
Saw Ryan Adams on Sunday (what a tonal shift that was to Flaming Lips the next night), and he had a roadie ccme out as soon as the lights went down at the end of the set and ask everyone to take their phones out and take a photo to ensure their flashes were off. Now, supposedly, he has vertigo so I would give him a pass on this request but this followed up with his insistence that the venue stop alcohol sales 30 minutes BEFORE HIS SET STARTED which was one of the most batshit insane things I've ever endured.

Ahh, no wonder you didn't seem  yourself!

ggw

« Reply #40745 on: March 08, 2017, 12:56:05 pm »
Billy Bragg
July 24
Birchmere

Worth the price of admission just to hear his on-stage commentary on Trump, Brexit, and the evil that is modern capitalism. 

TheREALHunter

« Reply #40746 on: March 08, 2017, 03:19:15 pm »
The Obsessed
Karma To Burn
Ottobar
May 20

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #40747 on: March 08, 2017, 03:31:19 pm »
Okkervil River (acoustic trio)
The Hamilton
7/25

Kubacheck

« Reply #40748 on: March 08, 2017, 06:08:52 pm »
Then no drinking at concerts either. I'm tired of assholes getting drunk and ruining my experience at a show and I'm tired of venues charging $10 for a single bottle of beer. If you want to ban cameras because they annoy people then ban every f****** thing else that annoys people.

Don't forget the banning of tall people. Or at least creating a separate pen in the back to confine them to.
now we are talking

on that note...why do concert halls always have flat floors?
why couldn't they slope up as the go back...so the back of the room is 1-2 feet higher than the front
or at least have the last 20 feet be on a platform that is 2 feet higher?

I've been to a few halls like this, usually they were old movie theaters repurposed as concert halls with the seats taken out..... I agree that they should (if possible) have more like this, definitely makes for easier sitelines....

Kubacheck

« Reply #40749 on: March 08, 2017, 07:00:30 pm »
TOTO
Maryland Hall (Annapolis)
6-14

regular tix $80-$99..... or,

Toto?s VIP Experience option includes ($249/ea)
-One Reserved Seat within the FIRST 7 ROWS
-Meet & Greet with Members of Toto
-Access to Soundcheck
-Individual Photo with Toto
-One Merch Item
-Signed Lead Sheet of ?Rosanna? (limited print, for VIP patrons only)
-One Commemorative VIP Laminate

hutch

« Reply #40750 on: March 08, 2017, 07:08:26 pm »
no Jeff Porcaro no deal...

I'm not a TOTO fan but I am a fan of those musicians..

a year or two ago I learned they had been all over both Thriller and Can't Slow Down!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:11:47 pm by hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #40751 on: March 08, 2017, 07:47:12 pm »

a year or two ago I learned they had been all over both Thriller and Can't Slow Down!

I can't beiieve we're seriously talking about Toto here

Have you heard Schneider sing "Hold the Line" on the new One DAy at a Time show?

hutch

« Reply #40752 on: March 08, 2017, 09:38:11 pm »

I can't beiieve we're seriously talking about Toto here

Have you heard Schneider sing "Hold the Line" on the new One DAy at a Time show?

No. I have not. I don't watch TV.

Why can't you believe it? Lukather and Porcaro are total legends....  as I listen to more music my respect for the great session musicians grows... Jeff Porcaro in particular.. man...a beast.

IamHydrogen

« Reply #40753 on: March 08, 2017, 10:08:34 pm »
Fleet foxes with animal collective
7/29
MPP

Ticketfly page shows price of tickets $11-$56.  Really hope this isn't an error.

Space Freely

« Reply #40754 on: March 08, 2017, 10:15:26 pm »
Fleet foxes with animal collective
7/29
MPP

Ticketfly page shows price of tickets $11-$56.  Really hope this isn't an error.

It said $7-$56 earlier today. I was told by a felllow boardie that the $7 price tag allowed you to buy the album (but not get a ticket).