Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 7058518 times)

Yada

  • Member
  • Posts: 8682
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48420 on: May 12, 2021, 09:25:48 pm »
Wilco, with Sleater-Kinney
August 20
Columbia, MD

pre-game at Sapwood?

(Jules: also Aug 18 in Richmond)

I intend to go to this show. 98% chance. 2% chance of pre-game.

How mature of you to not have drinks with friends prior to the show.

Starsky

  • Member
  • Posts: 400
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48421 on: May 12, 2021, 10:54:02 pm »
This is not directed at anyone


Rock and roll is about being young and juvenile

Thatís the whole point!

Itís been that way since Day 1...since Chuck Berry wrote Sweet Little Rockíníroller, Sweet little sixteen, Roll over Beethoven and all those classic songs creating the marriage between youth culture and music....putting it all into words..read the lyrics..itís all there

And thatís why we enjoy rock and roll concerts... all the youth and lighted up faces... huge smiles..release...juvenalia and its cousin bacchanalia

Does one have to be young in years? Absolutely not although it helps...but being able to be young in spirit is a requirement

I think we keep going back to get a piece of that youth and the feeling of possibility

Space Freely

  • Member
  • Posts: 6828
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48422 on: May 13, 2021, 07:57:06 am »
With that kind of passion, have you ever thought about forming a band and just going for it?

I feel the same sort of passion when I'm hiking, and sometimes when I'm running (when the arthritis isn't causing too much pain.)

Starsky

  • Member
  • Posts: 400
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48423 on: May 13, 2021, 08:16:56 am »
No never... since I canít play any instrument or sing

There is no requirement with respect to age but its a young guns game

But one can still buy a ticket and go to the party







Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER

  • Member
  • Posts: 25269
  • Hall of Fame Poster, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48424 on: May 13, 2021, 08:47:01 am »
No never... since I canít play any instrument or sing
Didn't stop that guy from Art Brut.
LVMH

Space Freely

  • Member
  • Posts: 6828
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48425 on: May 13, 2021, 08:54:47 am »
No never... since I canít play any instrument or sing
Didn't stop that guy from Art Brut.

And Hutch has better hair than Craig Finn (but not Morrissey.)

Starsky

  • Member
  • Posts: 400
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48426 on: May 13, 2021, 09:31:06 am »
Korn / Staind
8-11í


Jiffy lube

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48427 on: May 13, 2021, 10:06:30 am »
No never... since I canít play any instrument or sing
can confirm, although I always felt you did a spot-on rendition of Dead Flowers years ago
slack

challenged

  • Member
  • Posts: 2641
    • Instagram
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48428 on: May 13, 2021, 10:16:17 am »
Wilco, with Sleater-Kinney
August 20
Columbia, MD

pre-game at Sapwood?

(Jules: also Aug 18 in Richmond)

I intend to go to this show. 98% chance. 2% chance of pre-game.

How mature of you to not have drinks with friends prior to the show.

I think that I have had no drinks this year, so far. May keep that streak going.

Yada

  • Member
  • Posts: 8682
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48429 on: May 13, 2021, 10:16:30 am »
Korn / Staind
8-11í


Jiffy lube

Covid-KoRn21 variant imminent

Yada

  • Member
  • Posts: 8682
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48430 on: May 13, 2021, 10:17:22 am »
Wilco, with Sleater-Kinney
August 20
Columbia, MD

pre-game at Sapwood?

(Jules: also Aug 18 in Richmond)

I intend to go to this show. 98% chance. 2% chance of pre-game.

How mature of you to not have drinks with friends prior to the show.

I think that I have had no drinks this year, so far. May keep that streak going.

Honorable streak... I made it nearly two full months and have cut down dramatically but the spring fever has me well... wanting to get drunk (in a very mature manor).

We could still meet though and share a cheese plate.

challenged

  • Member
  • Posts: 2641
    • Instagram
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48431 on: May 13, 2021, 10:20:48 am »
Wilco, with Sleater-Kinney
August 20
Columbia, MD

pre-game at Sapwood?

(Jules: also Aug 18 in Richmond)

I intend to go to this show. 98% chance. 2% chance of pre-game.

How mature of you to not have drinks with friends prior to the show.

I think that I have had no drinks this year, so far. May keep that streak going.

Honorable streak... I made it nearly two full months and have cut down dramatically but the spring fever has me well... wanting to get drunk (in a very mature manor).

We could still meet though and share a cheese plate.

Pre-Cheese is more possible. The ChallengeTM for me is getting me and my lady person done with work and over the Columbia and parked, etc., with time to spare for such.

Starsky

  • Member
  • Posts: 400
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48432 on: May 13, 2021, 10:30:21 am »
I am to singing to The Rolling Stones what Seth is to Chuck Berry

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9IClS_RT4

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48433 on: May 13, 2021, 10:35:11 am »
I am to singing to The Rolling Stones what Seth is to Chuck Berry

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9IClS_RT4
you can almost see chuck die a little inside after seth drops in with the beat
but man what an honor
slack

Starsky

  • Member
  • Posts: 400
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48434 on: May 13, 2021, 10:48:35 am »
I know I am a charter member of the Seth Fanclub but I think he does pretty good...

Chuck Berry is a pretty difficult guy to play with

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LiKx1RQqPUE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhlQgvNTFI