Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10616698 times)

walkonby

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #16365 on: February 26, 2009, 09:43:38 pm »
whoa, whoa, whoa . . . part two

kathy.  you are funny, yes.  but $85.00 dollars funny?  and at that shite hole merriweather with the worst parking problems of any venue in existance?  bitch please. 

mdh9857

« Reply #16366 on: February 26, 2009, 11:29:07 pm »

kathy.  you are funny, yes.  but $85.00 dollars funny?  and at that shite hole merriweather with the worst parking problems of any venue in existance?  bitch please. 

I've seen her multiple times and at much smaller venues and never paid that much.  I can't justify an $85 ticket when I pad $60 last time and was like fifth row.

mdh9857

« Reply #16367 on: February 26, 2009, 11:30:03 pm »
The Decemberists
w/ Andrew Bird
MPP
June 8, 2009
On Sale: 3/6/2009
$30-45

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16368 on: February 27, 2009, 02:22:24 am »
They will only open for Neko the first night. The IOTA show is listed on Crooked Fingers' website.

Iota's web site is now showing Crooked Fingers on April 9 - the same night they're supposedly opening for Neko Case. Dunno what's up with this.
(_|_)

« Reply #16369 on: February 27, 2009, 08:20:58 am »
Isn't it quite possible they could open for Neko the 2nd night and head over to Iota after that to headline the same night?

They will only open for Neko the first night. The IOTA show is listed on Crooked Fingers' website.

Iota's web site is now showing Crooked Fingers on April 9 - the same night they're supposedly opening for Neko Case. Dunno what's up with this.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16370 on: February 27, 2009, 08:49:28 am »
Mastodon
May 12
(_|_)

sonickteam2

« Reply #16371 on: February 27, 2009, 09:13:27 am »

anyone who complains about parking at Merriweather is a real......well, a real douche!

you know that big huge mall across the street from the venue??  see the parking lot around it?  well, you can park there, FOR FREE!  yeah. you can. and then you just cross the street and come in from the other side!  and get this, theres no traffic jams on the way out.

seriously though, park at the mall.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #16372 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:57 am »
Isn't it quite possible they could open for Neko the 2nd night and head over to Iota after that to headline the same night?

The club has them listed as opening on both nights. Interesting though because in NYC, one night Crooked Fingers is opening and the next night Joan as Police Woman is opening. I'd LOOOOVE it if she came down and opened the 2nd night of the DC show as well.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:28:50 am by ixkpd-bk »
Woof.

walkonby

« Reply #16373 on: February 27, 2009, 10:42:29 am »

anyone who complains about parking at Merriweather is a real......well, a real douche!

you know that big huge mall across the street from the venue??  see the parking lot around it?  well, you can park there, FOR FREE!  yeah. you can. and then you just cross the street and come in from the other side!  and get this, theres no traffic jams on the way out.

pretty douchey having to pay a "parking fee" as part of the fees above the face value, and then have to park across the street at the mall.  can i get something from the food court as well?

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #16374 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:45 am »

pretty douchey having to pay a "parking fee" as part of the fees above the face value, and then have to park across the street at the mall.  can i get something from the food court as well?

I think if you buy your tickets at the 930 Club box office, there's only a $1 surcharge instead of the ridiculous fees online.
Woof.

walkonby

« Reply #16375 on: February 27, 2009, 11:15:42 am »
ixkpd-bk:  i live almost two hours (with traffic) from the box office (one way).  not really an option.  yes i know, sonick . . . pretty douchey living that far out.  ;)

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #16376 on: February 27, 2009, 12:41:48 pm »
The Decemberists
w/ Andrew Bird
MPP
June 8, 2009
On Sale: 3/6/2009
$30-45

Where did you find this? I see nothing on the Decemberists's site.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16377 on: February 27, 2009, 01:07:46 pm »
ixkpd-bk:  i live almost two hours (with traffic) from the box office (one way).  not really an option.  yes i know, sonick . . . pretty douchey living that far out.  ;)

i thought you lived on U st?  ;)

walkonby

« Reply #16378 on: February 27, 2009, 01:27:18 pm »

i thought you lived on U st?  ;)

and hear i thought i only get shot on u street.  double  ;)

walkonby

« Reply #16379 on: February 27, 2009, 01:29:54 pm »
this is for nkotb.

on the phish phorum board, there is a thread going about the fact the gene ween is gay, and that there are plenty of reasons to think it.  from the various songs to the cover of the mollusk.  very interesting.