Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10616803 times)

bellenseb

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #16680 on: March 19, 2009, 10:14:26 am »
John Prine w/ Steve Earle

Wolftrap 6/5

That sounds like a pretty great show, actually, venue nonwithstanding.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16681 on: March 19, 2009, 10:34:58 am »
To be filed under "WHYYYYYYYY????"

Wolf Trap - Filene Center - June 24
Regeneration Tour
Wang Chung
ABC
Heaven 17
Cutting Crew
Berlin

If it were ABC and Heaven 17 at the club, I'd say hell yes but  not to the rest of that lineup

The recently released ABC record of new material, which is just Martin Fry at this point, is actually quite good. And I'd jump at the chance to see Heaven 17 as they are one of my all times favs
T.Rex

« Reply #16682 on: March 19, 2009, 11:42:16 am »
Not a concert announcement, but perhaps something better...

According to their ad in the City Paper, Iota is now non-smoking.

bellenseb

« Reply #16683 on: March 19, 2009, 11:47:07 am »
Not a concert announcement, but perhaps something better...

According to their ad in the City Paper, Iota is now non-smoking.

;D

Just getting a jump on the inevitable I guess.

reggie

« Reply #16684 on: March 19, 2009, 03:24:00 pm »
March 29: Bong on a Can Marathon, Glenn Kotche of Wilco and Terry Riley at the Clarice Smith Center, University of Maryland, College Park, MD. This extended All-Stars performance will feature their landmark arrangements of Brian Eno?s ambient classic Music for Airports, a set with Kotche, and their brand new live collaboration with American master Terry Riley.

dave24

« Reply #16685 on: March 19, 2009, 03:31:20 pm »
John Prine w/ Steve Earle

Wolftrap 6/5

That sounds like a pretty great show, actually, venue nonwithstanding.

There is a John Prine fan presale ongoing for this show... Will Call only - PM me for link

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16686 on: March 19, 2009, 03:34:24 pm »
It is $35 but students only pay $7. Too bad I'm not too inclined to go...

March 29: Bong on a Can Marathon, Glenn Kotche of Wilco and Terry Riley at the Clarice Smith Center, University of Maryland, College Park, MD. This extended All-Stars performance will feature their landmark arrangements of Brian Eno?s ambient classic Music for Airports, a set with Kotche, and their brand new live collaboration with American master Terry Riley.
(_|_)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #16687 on: March 19, 2009, 04:05:30 pm »

Started reading this and got stuck on the first few words and thought, "what the hell?". First I thought it was just a Marathon race but it still didn't quite make sense. Then I thought that it must just be a different kind of marathon. In this case, I visualized a lot of peope sitting around trying to out smoke each other with bongs made from cans. Of course, the appropriate date for that should be April 20th. Finally, as I read on, I realized that it was only a typo. Talk about a pipe dream!

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #16688 on: March 19, 2009, 04:11:08 pm »

Most of the events are free. Only the evening concert with Riley and Kotche is ticketed. MFA will be performed in the Grand Foyer.

Some innertube sites mention Matmos as guests but that's unconfirmed (they do live in Baltimore nowadays, however).
😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #16689 on: March 19, 2009, 04:54:25 pm »
Yeah, I don't know what to make of the Matmos listing.
احمد

« Reply #16690 on: March 20, 2009, 01:10:36 pm »
Here's an exciting one:

Fri 07/17/09   Dionne Warwick  Artscape 

kmb187

« Reply #16691 on: March 21, 2009, 10:20:22 pm »
I didn't see this posted yet:

6/12 Melissa Ferrick @ 9:30

It's for DC Pride and I don't know the full lineup/who's headlining.

azaghal1981

« Reply #16692 on: March 21, 2009, 10:27:28 pm »
She was pretty good when she opened for Ani Difranco notwithstanding that awful Bush cover. I thought the world agreed to forget that band ever existed? Seeing her along with a group of feisty lesbians could be...interesting. Then again, I kind of did just see her along with a group of feisty lesbians. :)
احمد

kmb187

« Reply #16693 on: March 22, 2009, 01:36:29 am »
She was pretty good when she opened for Ani Difranco notwithstanding that awful Bush cover. I thought the world agreed to forget that band ever existed? Seeing her along with a group of feisty lesbians could be...interesting. Then again, I kind of did just see her along with a group of feisty lesbians. :)
Haha, my group spent the between-set times playing a lively game of "spot the heterosexual couples." We counted 13.

Sorry, back on topic.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #16694 on: March 22, 2009, 09:52:21 am »

Most of the events are free. Only the evening concert with Riley and Kotche is ticketed. MFA will be performed in the Grand Foyer.

Some innertube sites mention Matmos as guests but that's unconfirmed (they do live in Baltimore nowadays, however).

Program posted (pdf). No mention of Matmos. MFA in the Grand Pavilion, not foyer as I had previously posted. Lotsa works in the percussion program by some of my former library co-workers (Bay Players).
😐 🎶