Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10621294 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #16830 on: March 31, 2009, 02:27:46 pm »
merriweather is kicking ass and taking names this year.

they are gonna hit 40 shows this summer!

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #16831 on: March 31, 2009, 02:56:34 pm »
merriweather is kicking ass and taking names this year.

they are gonna hit 40 shows this summer!

I think I still have my copy of the final issue of the Washington Star (1981), and I'm pretty sure there's a MPP ad in it. If I can find it I'll scan and post the ad, just for shits and giggles.
😐 🎶

killsaly

« Reply #16832 on: March 31, 2009, 04:25:52 pm »
Rock and Roll Hotel:
Telepathe with Lemonade - June 25

Retribution Gospel Choir opening for the Meat Puppets show on June 13 also. 

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #16833 on: March 31, 2009, 06:29:57 pm »
930 Club:

Grizzly Bear
June 1

The Hold Steady
June 7

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #16834 on: March 31, 2009, 08:29:00 pm »
So far for Lollapalooza:

Although the full line-up for this year's festival won't be announced until April 21, all of the headliners -- Beastie Boys, Jane's Addiction, Depeche Mode, Tool, Kings of Leon and the Killers - have been confirmed by Billboard's sources.  Fleet Foxes, Andrew Bird, Lou Reed, Neko Case, the Decemberists, and Peter, Bjorn and John are among the more than 100 additional acts that will appear at the festival.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/lollapalooza-early-bird-passes-on-sale-today-1003957187.story

I wish it wasn't so far away. Lou Reed, Andrew Bird, The Decemberists, and Fleet Foxes all in one show, that is my type of line-up.

i got id

« Reply #16835 on: March 31, 2009, 09:38:14 pm »
Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Eddie Vedder
Lyric Opera House
Jun 15

« Reply #16836 on: April 01, 2009, 07:10:17 am »
Except you'd probably have to go all three days to catch all of those bands. So it's all in three shows.

I wish it wasn't so far away. Lou Reed, Andrew Bird, The Decemberists, and Fleet Foxes all in one show, that is my type of line-up.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #16837 on: April 01, 2009, 09:40:40 am »

It's really not that far away.  You can fly direct from National Airport, it's a short flight and airfare is super cheap these days...probably cheaper than tix to see Eddie Vedder ;)
PANTS

redsock

« Reply #16838 on: April 01, 2009, 09:56:19 am »
It's really not that far away.  You can fly direct from National Airport, it's a short flight and airfare is super cheap these days...probably cheaper than tix to see Eddie Vedder ;)

Actually tickets are $200, which is not cheap. Wait a month or so and that will likely change. Deals will continue to pop up. But don't forget the hotel costs. Not a cheap trip when you factor in tickets. But, I'm proud to say I am finally going, regardless of the costs. And, unlike Bonnaroo or Coachella, this is in the middle of an amazing city, lots to do, see and eat, and very comfortable hotels to sleep and shower in.

(yes, i know there are hotels at coachella, but a lot of people do camp...)

azaghal1981

« Reply #16839 on: April 01, 2009, 10:00:35 am »
I have Coachella camping horror stories.

I think I've posted them here before, though.

Chicago in august is still gross and muggy.
احمد

sonickteam2

« Reply #16840 on: April 01, 2009, 10:08:05 am »

Actually tickets are $200, which is not cheap. Wait a month or so and that will likely change. Deals will continue to pop up. But don't forget the hotel costs. Not a cheap trip when you factor in tickets. But, I'm proud to say I am finally going, regardless of the costs. And, unlike Bonnaroo or Coachella, this is in the middle of an amazing city, lots to do, see and eat, and very comfortable hotels to sleep and shower in.

when we went in 2006 we drove from Baltimore. It was a decent trip, maybe 11 hours but there arent many tolls, so its just gas really. We stayed at the Congress for like $120 a night.  The only real shock was the $50 a day it cost us to park our car at the hotel. that was unexpected! and we stopped at the rock and roll hall of fame on our way back.

wml7

« Reply #16841 on: April 01, 2009, 10:13:09 am »
god damn they charged you that much for parking??? 

sonickteam2

« Reply #16842 on: April 01, 2009, 11:17:51 am »
god damn they charged you that much for parking??? 

I am assuming/hoping that they charged everyone that much for parking! lol.

I know i could have probably parked on the street or found a cheaper garage, but I had never driven around chicago before then (and truthfully had never even been to Chicago in the daylight) so i just paid it, but yeah...$200 for parking!

« Reply #16843 on: April 01, 2009, 11:18:14 am »
Someday I really should take advantage of the fact that the in-laws live in Chicago burbs, shouldn't I?

when we went in 2006 we drove from Baltimore. It was a decent trip, maybe 11 hours but there arent many tolls, so its just gas really. We stayed at the Congress for like $120 a night.  The only real shock was the $50 a day it cost us to park our car at the hotel. that was unexpected! and we stopped at the rock and roll hall of fame on our way back.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16844 on: April 01, 2009, 12:00:41 pm »
i'd pay $200 not to stay with my in-laws!

(just kidding!)