Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10620828 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #16860 on: April 02, 2009, 03:30:57 pm »
Sat May 30- ISIS $13 Adv/$15 DOS Mainstage 9:00

Excellent!

Anyone else up for a day of shitty metal at Merriweather topped off with a night of brilliant metal at BC? :)
احمد

Got Haggis?

« Reply #16861 on: April 02, 2009, 03:39:46 pm »
switching browsers to ie fixed the gogol preorder issue for me

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16862 on: April 02, 2009, 03:42:22 pm »
Gogol Bordello
06/04/09
Rams Head Live

i can haz a presale?!?

impossible to checkout since they don't have a City or State field available.

enter your zip code and click on the "Choose city/state" button.

don't forget to change your shipping option to "US First Class (Confirmation)" and save some $$$.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16863 on: April 02, 2009, 03:44:40 pm »
Isis were terrible last time I saw them but they were brilliant when they opened for Mogwai couple years back.

Sat May 30- ISIS $13 Adv/$15 DOS Mainstage 9:00

Excellent!

Anyone else up for a day of shitty metal at Merriweather topped off with a night of brilliant metal at BC? :)

(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16864 on: April 02, 2009, 03:49:19 pm »
tickets are cheaper at the Rams Head Live website..

switching browsers to ie fixed the gogol preorder issue for me
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #16865 on: April 02, 2009, 04:08:10 pm »
Camp Bisco '08 (they're really stepping shit up but nothing could get me to spend another three days in upstate NY with obnoxious gross hippies)
7/16-18
 Nas & Damian 'Jr. Gong' Marley; STS9 (2 nights); DFA Disco Tent; Twisted Records All Star Tent; Chromeo; Dr. Dog; K'Naan; The Orb; Younger Brother; Special Disco Version
James Murphy & Pat Mahoney of LCD Soundsystem; Flying Lotus; Shpongle (Posford V. Ram DJ set); Holy Ghost; Orchard Lounge; Martyn; Fort Knox Five; Kill the Noise; Prometheus; Ott; Starkey; Bluetech; Joe Nice; plus the Disco Biscuits and a bunch of other obligatory generic jamband slop.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:11:19 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16866 on: April 02, 2009, 04:28:45 pm »
that twisted line-up is sweet, and seeing bluetech again would be nice - but agreed, 3 days surrounded by jam-banders isn't bearable.

closer & cheaper alternative that involves un-obnoxious clean hippies: Gaian Mind Summer Festival.  all trance, no jam bands (although there is an occasional drum circle).  really nice crew put this on and the crowd is great - and small, like 500 people.  one of my summer highlights. 
<sig>

Bags

« Reply #16867 on: April 02, 2009, 05:09:57 pm »
It's really not that far away.  You can fly direct from National Airport, it's a short flight and airfare is super cheap these days...probably cheaper than tix to see Eddie Vedder ;)

Actually tickets are $200, which is not cheap. Wait a month or so and that will likely change. Deals will continue to pop up. But don't forget the hotel costs. Not a cheap trip when you factor in tickets. But, I'm proud to say I am finally going, regardless of the costs. And, unlike Bonnaroo or Coachella, this is in the middle of an amazing city, lots to do, see and eat, and very comfortable hotels to sleep and shower in.

(yes, i know there are hotels at coachella, but a lot of people do camp...)
Awesome festival, and as Redsock points out, it's right downtown so you can go in and out, enjoy Chicago.  Book a room soon -- I suggest the Congress Plaza which is closest to the grounds with pretty good rates -- you can cancel within 48 hours as well.  I'm skipping this year since I've been two years in a row.  I'm hitting Bumbershoot this year, as it's also in the middle of Seattle so I can do city stuff.  Alas the early lineup has me completely uninterested in the bands so far.

azaghal1981

« Reply #16868 on: April 02, 2009, 06:27:09 pm »
Sir Richard Bishop and his Freak of Araby Ensemble
6/11
Talking Head

Sorry, Jenny Lewis. Rick wins!
احمد

andyrichter

« Reply #16869 on: April 02, 2009, 07:27:56 pm »
Mika Miko/The Strange Boys
June 11
Comet Ping Pong

walkonby

« Reply #16870 on: April 02, 2009, 10:07:22 pm »
Camp Bisco '08 (they're really stepping shit up but nothing could get me to spend another three days in upstate NY with obnoxious gross hippies)
7/16-18
 Nas & Damian 'Jr. Gong' Marley; STS9 (2 nights); DFA Disco Tent; Twisted Records All Star Tent; Chromeo; Dr. Dog; K'Naan; The Orb; Younger Brother; Special Disco Version
James Murphy & Pat Mahoney of LCD Soundsystem; Flying Lotus; Shpongle (Posford V. Ram DJ set); Holy Ghost; Orchard Lounge; Martyn; Fort Knox Five; Kill the Noise; Prometheus; Ott; Starkey; Bluetech; Joe Nice; plus the Disco Biscuits and a bunch of other obligatory generic jamband slop.

what . . . are they on acid???

walkonby

« Reply #16871 on: April 02, 2009, 10:08:04 pm »
newsflash . . . newsflash

britney is rumoured to be "back" with k-fed.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #16872 on: April 03, 2009, 03:20:25 am »
its very likely that the harlem shakes will be playing with them.

White Rabbits
June 2
Rock & Roll Hotel

I will personally attach myself to this tour and do every fucking show. EVERY. FUCKING. SHOW.

Both of those bands top my favorite shows/albums of the year lists already. Seriously, "Percussion Gun" from the White Rabbits is going to own anything else that comes out this year.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the White Rabbits are opening up for Spoon again on their pair of late-April shows in the DC area. (GWU and Lancaster, PA)

For the record, that song "Percussion Gun" that I was raving about weeks ago is now on MySpace, and will be the 1st single from their new album "It's Frightening". It's way better live, I guess, but it is STILL just...woo. I love it!
Woof.

« Reply #16873 on: April 03, 2009, 08:45:59 am »
The word is out! An early look at the 2009 Bumbershoot lineup has been unveiled including the artist roster below. If you haven?t picked up your ticket yet, what are you waiting for? An advance 3-day pass is only $80? Um, that?s $26.67 a day?and if you really wanted to boil it down, say you checked out 10 things a day (not tough to do!)? using our expert math skills, that comes out to just $2.67 per show. It?s a wonder you don?t spell ?bargain,? B-U-M-B-E-R-S-H-O-O-T.

A teeny portion of the music lineup includes:
Sheryl Crow / Modest Mouse / Katy Perry / Michael Franti & Spearhead / De La Soul / Raphael Saadiq / Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan / The Long Winters / Sly & Robbie & the Taxi Gang / World Party / MSTRKRFT / Roy Ayers / Common Market / UH HUH HER / Dave Alvin and The Guilty Women / Eric Hutchinson / No Age / Matt & Kim / Dead Confederate / The Cave Singers / Swollen Members / Vieux Farka Touré / Lenka / Gang Gang Dance / Todd Snider / Holy F**k / DJ Spooky / Iglu & Hartly / Low vs Diamond / Sera Cahoone / Eleni Mandell / Carrie Rodriguez / The Honey Brothers / Natalie Portman?s Shaved Head / Extra Golden / Cordero / Forgive Durden / Hey Marseilles / Adrian Xavier, and much, much more to be announced.

A small sampling of what?s to come in the arts program includes:
A host of visual arts exhibits including an exploration of waste, regrowth and sustainability featuring work from Paul Miller (a/k/a DJ Spooky), among others; ?Dada Economics? from Vital 5 Productions; The Seattle-Moscow Poster Show; and an expanded Gage Drawing Jam. In addition to visual arts, the Festival will include a performance by the celebrated Pacific Northwest Ballet; the merge of high-energy tap dance and Japanese Taiko drumming from NYC?s COBU; ?like a magician, but cooler,? the magic stylings of Justin Kredible; a rare appearance by renowned Young Adult author S.E. Hinton; a poetry reading curated by Spencer Moody of the Murder City Devils; a theatrical extravaganza by Jason Webley; a literary food program hosted by acclaimed Seattle chef and restaurateur, Tom Douglas and much more. The Festival?s complete arts lineup and much anticipated comedy program will be announced in the coming months.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16874 on: April 03, 2009, 09:03:02 am »
Mostly crap.

The word is out! An early look at the 2009 Bumbershoot lineup has been unveiled including the artist roster below. If you haven?t picked up your ticket yet, what are you waiting for? An advance 3-day pass is only $80? Um, that?s $26.67 a day?and if you really wanted to boil it down, say you checked out 10 things a day (not tough to do!)? using our expert math skills, that comes out to just $2.67 per show. It?s a wonder you don?t spell ?bargain,? B-U-M-B-E-R-S-H-O-O-T.

(_|_)