Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10620437 times)

Sage 703

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #16965 on: April 13, 2009, 10:22:37 am »
PJ Harvey & John Parish
Warner Theatre
June 5 | 8:00 PM

On sale Friday at noon

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16966 on: April 13, 2009, 10:23:59 am »
wow. thanks!  ;D

PJ Harvey & John Parish
Warner Theatre

On sale Friday at noon
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #16967 on: April 13, 2009, 10:41:36 am »
I plan to be at the PJ Harvey.. Finally...Many years ago I got shut out of her Black Cat show and I havent tried since then but I'll go to the Warner show...

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #16968 on: April 13, 2009, 11:02:06 am »
PJ Harvey & John Parish
Warner Theatre

On sale Friday at noon

I really hope people know that they won't be playing any of her solo stuff on this tour. At the Irving Plaza show, it was awkward having people shout for "Rid of Me" and "To Bring You My Love", since they weren't doing any of that stuff. They will more than likely play all of the new record they did and stuff from "Dance Hall at Louse Point", but even with that, I can't say that I see this selling out. Should've been at the 930. Their camp dropped the ball.
Woof.

hutch

« Reply #16969 on: April 13, 2009, 11:28:07 am »
PJ Harvey & John Parish
Warner Theatre

On sale Friday at noon

I really hope people know that they won't be playing any of her solo stuff on this tour. At the Irving Plaza show, it was awkward having people shout for "Rid of Me" and "To Bring You My Love", since they weren't doing any of that stuff. They will more than likely play all of the new record they did and stuff from "Dance Hall at Louse Point", but even with that, I can't say that I see this selling out. Should've been at the 930. Their camp dropped the ball.

Yes, thanks for setting us straight. You're right in that everyone should only play the 930 Club. Every show irregardless of artist preference should be at the 930. I mean PJ should just keep playing the 930 forever! Who is she to play a different venue in DC even if its a historic gorgeous theater with great acoustics and an incredible history (Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, Smiths, etc.). I still don't know why Frank Sinatra played there....what was he thinking?

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #16970 on: April 13, 2009, 11:45:40 am »
PJ Harvey & John Parish
Warner Theatre

On sale Friday at noon

Yes, thanks for setting us straight. You're right in that everyone should only play the 930 Club. Every show irregardless of artist preference should be at the 930. I mean PJ should just keep playing the 930 forever! Who is she to play a different venue in DC even if its a historic gorgeous theater with great acoustics and an incredible history (Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, Smiths, etc.). I still don't know why Frank Sinatra played there....what was he thinking?

Thats not what I said. I said that *this* show should've been at the club. It's a rock album, and it really works in a club setting. My comment was really aimed at her booking only at LiveNation venues. Way to go off on some weird tangent about the history of the Warner Theater. Keep your bitter sarcasm to yourself.
Woof.

redsock

« Reply #16971 on: April 13, 2009, 12:08:46 pm »
PJ Harvey & John Parish
Warner Theatre

On sale Friday at noon

Thats not what I said. I said that *this* show should've been at the club. It's a rock album, and it really works in a club setting. My comment was really aimed at her booking only at LiveNation venues. Way to go off on some weird tangent about the history of the Warner Theater. Keep your bitter sarcasm to yourself.

Oh please, if we all kept our bitter sarcasm to ourselves there really wouldn't be much of a reason to even come to the board.

hutch

« Reply #16972 on: April 13, 2009, 01:28:12 pm »
PJ Harvey & John Parish
Warner Theatre

On sale Friday at noon

Uhm.. actually you did not say that at all! .. You did not mention LiveNation and you did not say anything about it being a rock album..

I think its clear you are grasping at straws here.. If PJ Harvey wants to play a gorgeous theater venue instead of some club she's already played I'll give her the benefit of the doubt ..

Anyways, point stands: I think its boring to see every rock act at the 930 and I think the acts get bored of playing the same places.. I think the Warner might work very well for this show and your citing reason after reason ain't going to change anything (first it was that she's not going to sell it out, she's not going to do the "hits" [so what?] now its live nation and rock albums won't work at the Warner even though plenty of bands have rocked the place)

not only that; why not look at an advantage? there will be at least 33% more tickets available
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 01:35:18 pm by hutch »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #16973 on: April 13, 2009, 01:43:49 pm »
Black Lips
Friday June 19th
Sonar, Baltimore
16$ adv/ 18$ day of

No service fees through 4/12
‼‼?‼‼

Sage 703

« Reply #16974 on: April 13, 2009, 01:46:50 pm »
Aerosmith
with ZZ Top
Nissan Pavilion
June 21

On sale Friday at 10am

walkonby

« Reply #16975 on: April 13, 2009, 05:51:23 pm »
Aerosmith
with ZZ Top
Nissan Pavilion
June 21

On sale Friday at 10am

meth and bad coke stock just rose dramatically.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #16976 on: April 14, 2009, 09:07:27 am »
Aerosmith
with ZZ Top
Nissan Pavilion
June 21

On sale Friday at 10am

Not at the rip off prices they are asking for this tour.  $200+ for good seats.  As if.
FUKIT

TheREALHunter

« Reply #16977 on: April 14, 2009, 09:53:22 am »
According to Pollstar:

Hank III@9:30 Tue 6/30

MonkeyPants

« Reply #16978 on: April 14, 2009, 10:23:19 am »
PJ Harvey & John Parish
Warner Theatre

On sale Friday at noon

Agreed.  Having seen them already on this tour or whatever they're calling it, I also don't see it being at a venue bigger than 9:30...at least not in DC.
PANTS

RustyOrgan

« Reply #16979 on: April 14, 2009, 10:26:22 am »
Sat May 30  Au Revoir Simone RNRH

The new album makes me feel all melty inside.

I hope they perform nude!