Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10615614 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #17790 on: July 01, 2009, 12:00:06 am »

That's awful nice of you but he's only 5 years old....I don't think mom would let him go!

all ages, all the time.  gotta start them early.  i started bringing my niece to shows around that age.  she still loves live music ten years later. 

OK I'm convinced and will start working on it...any chance for some seats in the vip section for little ones?

Honestly though the last few motorhead shows i've attended have been pretty small crowds, but with the Rev and Nashville Pussy it might be a different story,

Does N. Pussy still have half naked girls in the band, or am I thinking of another act I saw 15 years ago?

If the Chazster doesn't see this show, I'm going to be really pissed off! (Not that that means anything compared to Mrs. Mom.)

Not only will this be a major treat for him but it will be one of those glorious moments in his life that he will take with him forever and cherish.

Good move though investigating the sleaze factor. Something can be worked out even if it's sitting at a table in the Backbar playing video games until the 'girls' leave the stage. I guess that would be okay with the club. Treat him to a nice little 9:30 cupcake too.

I can't wait to hear you tell of his stories about meeting Josh. Perfect kindergarten material! LOL. At least, the kind I'd love. He'll be the envy of all his pals at school. No one could top him.

Oh, and don't forget to get some pictures to document the evening. At least, at times you are allowed to do so.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #17791 on: July 01, 2009, 12:29:55 am »
middle school drop outs who walk around in a spun daze asking where's the molly at.

Where IS the molly at?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17792 on: July 01, 2009, 02:23:43 am »

OK I'm convinced and will start working on it...any chance for some seats in the vip section for little ones?

Honestly though the last few motorhead shows i've attended have been pretty small crowds, but with the Rev and Nashville Pussy it might be a different story,

Does N. Pussy still have half naked girls in the band, or am I thinking of another act I saw 15 years ago?

if you get momma's permission, send me a pm or an email and i'll work something out for you.

not sure of the current n. pussy lineups wardrobe.

serpent boy

« Reply #17793 on: July 01, 2009, 09:14:30 am »
Alice in Chains
9:30 Club
Sept. 4

betao

« Reply #17794 on: July 01, 2009, 11:04:23 am »
so when is this flaming lips show going to be announced? anyone have any idea?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #17795 on: July 01, 2009, 11:24:05 am »

if you get momma's permission, send me a pm or an email and i'll work something out for you.

Thanks a million.  Still have to run it by mom..not sure what she'll think.  But I do know my boy will FREAK if I tell him that he's going to see Motorhead.  He'll get to wear his Motorhead t-shirt to his first concert.

I guess if there's concern over naked chicks in Nashville Pussy I can just get there after the support bands have played and right before Motorhead's set.

He really would be the coolest kid in kindergarten.  I guess as long as his ears are protected all should be ok.  It's not like motorhead put on an obscene show or anything....just a loud one.  Would be an awful late night for him...but he is a night owl like his dad.

walkonby

« Reply #17796 on: July 01, 2009, 11:34:27 am »

Thanks a million.  Still have to run it by mom..not sure what she'll think.  But I do know my boy will FREAK if I tell him that he's going to see Motorhead.  He'll get to wear his Motorhead t-shirt to his first concert.

I guess if there's concern over naked chicks in Nashville Pussy I can just get there after the support bands have played and right before Motorhead's set.

He really would be the coolest kid in kindergarten.  I guess as long as his ears are protected all should be ok.  It's not like motorhead put on an obscene show or anything....just a loud one.  Would be an awful late night for him...but he is a night owl like his dad.
all the kids in his kindergarten class will say . . . , "you wore a band's shirt to one of their concerts??  ::)"

;D

walkonby

« Reply #17797 on: July 01, 2009, 11:46:55 am »
i had to know so bad . . . i just called merriweather box office.

flaming lips tickets go on sale for the 8/28 show

july 10

:)

kcjones119

« Reply #17798 on: July 01, 2009, 12:00:52 pm »
Reliably Excellent:

Black Cat
Sat Aug 1
RUN FOR COVER! (to benefit Fort Reno)
$10 Mainstage 9:00 (on sale July 3)

Black Cat site's description for the uninitiated:
Run For Cover!
For the seventh year, a handful of DC's rock & rollers unite for a night of tribute and parody. As usual, makeshift bands take the stage to play other people's tunes. But by "makeshift" we don't mean "half-ass."
If past years' sold-out Mainstage shows have been any indication, these bands are good. They've spent months preparing for what has become the Event of the Summer. And - oh yeah - this is gonna be your only chance to catch these single-performance groups.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #17799 on: July 01, 2009, 01:49:23 pm »
i had to know so bad . . . i just called merriweather box office.

flaming lips tickets go on sale for the 8/28 show

july 10

:)

Payday! Nice.
😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #17800 on: July 01, 2009, 06:41:11 pm »
K'Naan 7/22 at the National
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #17801 on: July 01, 2009, 07:47:29 pm »
From tickets.com:
8/14 Robert Gordon
9/18 Ingrid Michaelson
10/1 Ra Ra Riot/Maps and Atlases
11/23 Deadmau5 (most likely filling the club with the dregs of society again)
احمد

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #17802 on: July 01, 2009, 07:51:55 pm »
Andrew Bird & St. Vincent
930 Club
10/28

Interesting.

Sweet. This is a definite sell-out, right?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17803 on: July 01, 2009, 09:01:21 pm »
F 8/14 Robert Gordon featuring Chris Spedding ? Slim Jim Phantom (The Stray Cats) ? Glen Matlock (The Sex Pistols)

This is gonna be smokin
T.Rex

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17804 on: July 01, 2009, 09:07:31 pm »
F 8/14 Robert Gordon featuring Chris Spedding ? Slim Jim Phantom (The Stray Cats) ? Glen Matlock (The Sex Pistols)

This is gonna be smokin

Agree!

Lots of sore bodies the next day too considering the arthritis factor that will be represented that night,  though should be well worth every ache and pain. Worth the show just for Chris Spedding alone! All in all, a very nice collection of musicians for the band.