Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10611924 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #19035 on: November 18, 2009, 06:38:02 pm »
it says All Original Lineup....so no Grohl for you.

Scream Black Cat BACKSTAGE Sun Dec 20. ALL ORIGINAL LINEUP - tickets on sale friday

I just saw this on the Black Cat site...HOLY SHIT...it's been 13 years since the last reunion show.
Though backstage?!  That HAS to be a mistake.

What are the chances of Dave G. sitting in??
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #19036 on: November 18, 2009, 10:59:14 pm »
Christmas just came early to the Julian Household...

Surprise! Three Nights at the Club!
THIEVERY CORPORATION (Live)
January 21 ? 22 ? 23

On Sale Thursday, November 19 at 10am through Ticketfly.com

VIP and multiple night packages available!

although i note no info on the VIP packages...
T.Rex

betao

« Reply #19037 on: November 18, 2009, 11:32:45 pm »
Thievery is just too pricey nowadays. I'm glad I caught the NorVa show when tickets went cheap for like $25.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19038 on: November 19, 2009, 12:33:53 am »
i supposed we're going to have to wait until 10 am tomorrow to find out what the deal is with the thievery VIP tix... i'm interested, and it's annoying (and poor marketing) to not have any info available about them before they go on sale.

Thievery is just too pricey nowadays. I'm glad I caught the NorVa show when tickets went cheap for like $25.

you should reserve judgment until the ticket prices are published, doncha thunk?  if you go to ticketfly, single-show tickets are listed as $10-$50 (thursday night are even listed as $0-$50, but that's probably a typo).  i'm betting $50 are VIPs, so maybe some/all regular tickets will only be $10 (but again, there is a lack of info here...)
<sig>

Unsanity

« Reply #19039 on: November 19, 2009, 03:21:19 am »
With that Pentagram n' Earthride show, don't leave out that The Gates of Slumber and Ol' Scratch are there as well, they are face-melters.

Jaxx has positives! They got great sound, that is specifically meant for heavy metal shows. Of course there are plenty of negatives, like they allow smoking inside (maybe thats a postive for many) and they never have precious hype indie band shows lol. But yeah negatives galore, Melanie from the Burning Brides once told me the whole place had a weird atmosphere.

azaghal1981

« Reply #19040 on: November 19, 2009, 03:24:52 am »
Didn't know those bands were on the bill, too.

The Earthride Myspace just says "with Pentagram."
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19041 on: November 19, 2009, 03:38:14 am »
Thievery Cormehration
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #19042 on: November 19, 2009, 03:49:45 am »
Damn. Apparently word of my heresy spread rapidly. No disrespect or "talking shit" was intended.
It's just that the immediate shock of seeing a great band that as far as I know has never played DC on the bill got me even more psyched for the show.

The Clutch show just got exponentially more intriguing. Doomriders are opening.

I know it's heretical 'round these parts to say that anything could possibly be more intriguing than Clutch but...uhh...yeah.

احمد

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19043 on: November 19, 2009, 04:27:10 am »

aww, did the gypsy say something to you tonight?  clutch is a touchy subject 'round these parts. 

it was all in good fun, i hope.  all opinions are welcome.  some are just wrong.

as long as you don't leave before clutch, we're all good.

Damn. Apparently word of my heresy spread rapidly. No disrespect or "talking shit" was intended.
It's just that the immediate shock of seeing a great band that as far as I know has never played DC on the bill got me even more psyched for the show.

I know it's heretical 'round these parts to say that anything could possibly be more intriguing than Clutch but...uhh...yeah.

azaghal1981

« Reply #19044 on: November 19, 2009, 04:37:51 am »
Hah he did.

And I never intended to leave before Clutch.
احمد

madgypsy

« Reply #19045 on: November 19, 2009, 05:56:01 am »
No disrespecting the great bearded ones!!!

I was just giving ya crap :D

azaghal1981

« Reply #19046 on: November 19, 2009, 06:24:35 am »
I figured as such.

Wanted to clarify anyway.
احمد

TheREALHunter

« Reply #19047 on: November 19, 2009, 06:50:28 am »
it says All Original Lineup....so no Grohl for you.

Scream Black Cat BACKSTAGE Sun Dec 20. ALL ORIGINAL LINEUP - tickets on sale friday

I just saw this on the Black Cat site...HOLY SHIT...it's been 13 years since the last reunion show.
Though backstage?!  That HAS to be a mistake.

What are the chances of Dave G. sitting in??

Dave sat in on one song for the '96 reunion show.

beaufort21

« Reply #19048 on: November 19, 2009, 10:05:51 am »
i supposed we're going to have to wait until 10 am tomorrow to find out what the deal is with the thievery VIP tix... i'm interested, and it's annoying (and poor marketing) to not have any info available about them before they go on sale.

you should reserve judgment until the ticket prices are published, doncha thunk?  if you go to ticketfly, single-show tickets are listed as $10-$50 (thursday night are even listed as $0-$50, but that's probably a typo).  i'm betting $50 are VIPs, so maybe some/all regular tickets will only be $10 (but again, there is a lack of info here...)

I am thinking of making the trip up North for one of these show? Any idea what VIP usually entails for a show at 9:30??

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19049 on: November 19, 2009, 10:14:05 am »
U don't mess with Germantown, MD, you fool.

(_|_)