Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10612922 times)

vansmack

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #19515 on: January 27, 2010, 03:39:32 pm »
Sunday is a bizarre onsale date.

The vast majority of shows here in SF go on sale on Sunday's for some reason.  At first I thought this was odd, then I remembered we're all heathens....
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #19516 on: January 27, 2010, 04:07:28 pm »

The vast majority of shows here in SF go on sale on Sunday's for some reason.  At first I thought this was odd, then I remembered we're all heathens....

It makes so much more sense to have it on a Sunday since less people are working then. It continues to amaze me how many people don't get (or, 'don't care' is probably more appropriate) that a large amount of music loving people have absolutely no access to the internet while working. It's those 10:00AM weekday sales, especially for local shows, that irk me. And giving your cc# to another, or asking someone else to front your tickets on theirs is just not the most reasonable alternative.

Stillwater

« Reply #19517 on: January 27, 2010, 04:09:37 pm »
Unless of course their whole tour is sold by auction, then the day they go on sale doesn't matter...

http://www.bohemian.com/citysound/?p=2861
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:13:12 pm by Stillwater »

azaghal1981

« Reply #19518 on: January 27, 2010, 04:11:31 pm »
Meh; there are fewer and fewer instant-sellout shows that I care to see anymore anyway. Guessing the same goes for you. Those onsales do make for great forum reading, however. ;D
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #19519 on: January 27, 2010, 04:12:51 pm »

It makes so much more sense to have it on a Sunday since less people are working then. It continues to amaze me how many people don't get (or, 'don't care' is probably more appropriate) that a large amount of music loving people have absolutely no access to the internet while working. It's those 10:00AM weekday sales, especially for local shows, that irk me. And giving your cc# to another, or asking someone else to front your tickets on theirs is just not the most reasonable alternative.

I dunno, it seems like you been posting on here all day long today, and today aint Sunday.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #19520 on: January 27, 2010, 04:13:22 pm »
since i am no longer allowed to start threads of my shows, here's flyers to some shows that i'm doing.

1/24/10 - Hosting for Mic Finite's EP Release Party For "Could Have Been Worse"

2/4/10 - The USB (Rappers Edition) is a show I've started connecting the downloading to performances. A test run of this concept will involve one of my newest projects.

i know this is not cool of me and seems pretty vain but just in case some of you who check this board who came out.....i wanna thank you for stopping by on Sunday. not a bad turnout for competing with People Under The Stairs at thr 930 Club.

also, just wanted to submit another reminder about my show entitled The USB (the black flyer). there will be different editions of this going on. soon, i will look for bands (rock, jazz, etc.). to participate in this. but this is the test run that i'm trying out myself with some other folks.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #19521 on: January 27, 2010, 04:20:10 pm »
I dunno, it seems like you been posting on here all day long today, and today aint Sunday.

You're making assumptions about some things that you don't know anything about.

Az, it's true that I really have no interest in most of the sell out shows but I wasn't thinking in terms solely of my interests. That concept crosses all musical styles and genres.

When Radiohead played Merriweather a few years ago, those tickets had some odd on sale time. Something like a late Thursday night or something. Gotta give them credit for trying to give much more fair access to a broader section of fans.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:21:52 pm by Jaguar »

eros

« Reply #19522 on: January 27, 2010, 04:23:03 pm »
I guess this is as good of a place as any:

From the Coachella Board:

"from a source:

radiohead will be releasing tour dates within the next couple of days. i can only speak to the fact that they will be playing dc metropolitan area (that's where my source comes from), but it is assumed that they have other gigs lined up as well in other cities. supposedly tickets (at least for dc) will be onsale on the 14th of february"

Take it for what you will...

Tickets for the '08 tour that was at Nissan went on sale on Feb. 14.

Sounds like someone might be 2 years late to the party?
ʎɐʍou

James Ford

« Reply #19523 on: January 27, 2010, 04:23:40 pm »

You're making assumptions about some things that you don't know anything about.

Az, it's true that I really have no interest in most of the sell out shows but I wasn't thinking in terms solely of my interests. That concept crosses all musical styles and genres.

When Radiohead played Merriweather a few years ago, those tickets had some odd on sale time. Something like a late Thursday night or something. Gotta give them credit for trying to give much more fair access to a broader section of fans.

Just checked my calendar, and my assumption about what day of the week it is was spot on!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19524 on: January 27, 2010, 04:25:35 pm »
Just checked my calendar, and my assumption about what day of the week it is was spot on!
POTW

nkotb

« Reply #19525 on: January 27, 2010, 04:28:01 pm »
Not quite on the level as agreeing with Seth, but Julian bestowing a POTW to Rhett?  What's the world coming to????

POTW

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #19526 on: January 27, 2010, 04:31:13 pm »

"from a source:

radiohead will be releasing tour dates within the next couple of days. i can only speak to the fact that they will be playing dc metropolitan area (that's where my source comes from), but it is assumed that they have other gigs lined up as well in other cities. supposedly tickets (at least for dc) will be onsale on the 14th of february"

what show?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19527 on: January 27, 2010, 04:45:18 pm »
No, it will be at Bull Run Park, May 2010
hope there's a thunderstorm?

dc metropolitan area

= The Lube
(_|_)

eros

« Reply #19528 on: January 27, 2010, 06:19:14 pm »
hope there's a thunderstorm?

There always is...
ʎɐʍou

wml7

« Reply #19529 on: January 27, 2010, 06:34:11 pm »

"from a source:

what show?

So you booking them for the club Seth?   ;D