Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10599406 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #20505 on: June 01, 2010, 10:34:25 am »
Erykah Badu
8/7
Merriweather

full line-up:

Summer Spirit Festival
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Saturday 8/7
Featuring: Erykah Badu, The Roots, Common, Chuck Brown, B.o.B., Janelle Monae
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20506 on: June 01, 2010, 11:13:29 am »
Erykah Badu
8/7
Merriweather

full line-up:

Summer Spirit Festival
Saturday 8/7
Whaaaat!
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #20507 on: June 01, 2010, 11:18:18 am »
Also of note: Of Montreal/Janelle Monae show(s) no longer listed on ticketfly?

Erykah Badu
8/7
Merriweather

full line-up:

Summer Spirit Festival
Saturday 8/7

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #20508 on: June 01, 2010, 11:58:36 am »
Julian's posts got deleted TWICE. Nice.  :-*

Guess those were warning shots. Hi Julie....

I do dig Navi's album from this year, but cant make it out.  Maybe next time.

He's definitely talented dude. I'm glad that I got a chance to build with him and I will definitely build with him some more in the future.

Ardamus, don't pay any attention to Julian, the forum's resident fuckface. He just thinks he's some kind of elitest or some other sort of holier than thou type. Asshole is more like it.

Had wondered where you went and wasn't really all that surprised to not see you post so much considering how appallingly rude several people here have been towards you. I would apologize to you for them but it's not my place to do so. Besides, those few don't deserve anyone making excuses for them because there are no excuses for their crassness. That's just low class.

Welcome back and there are those here who like Hip Hop and it's musical neighbors. It might not be the preferred genre for the general reader but if you've been around here enough, you'd see a few positive postings about it every so often. Some of these faux hipsters and other pretentious assholes just think that whatever they are into is all that matters and be damned with everything and everyone else. Typical arrogant narcissism. 

Hope your show goes well and everyone has a lot of fun.  ;)

Thanks for your respect and welcome back to the forum. I gotta say when I made ONE joke and everyone got on my case I felt like whats the point of me getting back on here. Then, when I posted my show and caught criticism for it by one of the forum admins (yet certain people are able to post threads all the time; no offense), I felt like falling back from here. And one day, the site wasn't even available so I said forget it. I was checking for a show on here and saw the forum back up. Figured I'd stop back by. Thanks for noticing I was gone. Didn't think I was a factor on here anyways. LOL.

Lets just be honest. Some of you guys would not show up to some of the events I go to; and hell, I frequent alot places that are nearby the 930 club. If you do, probably would not recognize me unless you introduced yourself to me or you knew what I looked like. And I promise you, I look nothing like Julie The Welebrity has tried to make me as: some homeless rap guy (hahaha). So therefore, you crack jokes under other names to get a rise out of me because some of you are bored or unsatisfied with your life. Or maybe you just don't like me. Who knows. Point is, I got respect for this place and I will offer that. If you offer me that back, no problems and no worries. Hipsters.....rappers.....whatever.....an asshole will be an asshole no matter what scene it is. How you do shut an asshole up? By having a life and doing your thing.

And the show was cool by the way. Navi killed it. I will be doing more of these in the future. Hopefully, one day some of you guys can come out and we can kick back with a shot glass or two.

by not being on here "in a minute" doesn't that imply that you were just on here a minute or so ago, thus contradicting the true meaning of "in a minute" as really being "a long time ago"?  . . . nice flyer though, by the way. 

Thanks. And please don't tell me you're one of those people who needs a slang dictionary. Haha.....

Don't mean to flood this thread with my response. Hit me with some other shows coming up.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #20509 on: June 01, 2010, 12:41:36 pm »
Robyn
9:30 Club
August 2nd
PANTS

mdh9857

« Reply #20510 on: June 01, 2010, 12:50:07 pm »
Robyn
August 2nd

Where did you hear this/ any news on the on sale?  I am dying to see her.

BookerT

« Reply #20511 on: June 01, 2010, 01:32:58 pm »
arcade fire w/spoon
8/6
mpp

wml7

« Reply #20512 on: June 01, 2010, 01:35:19 pm »
arcade fire w/spoon
8/6
mpp

ahhh, wish it was after Lollapalooza

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/06/01/arcade-fire-w-spoon-announces-us-tour-dates/

I think I can do phily before I head to chicago  ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:42:19 pm by wml7 »

MonkeyPants

« Reply #20513 on: June 01, 2010, 01:50:04 pm »
Robyn
August 2nd

Where did you hear this/ any news on the on sale?  I am dying to see her.

on the interwebs ;)
PANTS

James Ford

« Reply #20514 on: June 01, 2010, 01:58:04 pm »
With a free 9:30 Spoon show thrown in?

(For those of us who hate Arcade Fire)

arcade fire w/spoon
8/6
mpp

Vas Deferens

« Reply #20515 on: June 01, 2010, 03:24:15 pm »
Dirty Projectors/Owen Pallett
09/07
(_|_)

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #20516 on: June 01, 2010, 03:29:51 pm »
Dirty Projectors/Owen Pallett
09/07

I actually may check this out. My homie in LA told me about Dirty Projectors. Whats their sound like?

azaghal1981

« Reply #20517 on: June 01, 2010, 03:35:23 pm »
Soft sales have been screwie on Ticketfly since TF started with 930. They disappeared for a bit, came back briefly and  have been completely gone for a couple weeks.
Superchunk, Crystal Castles and DBT are three that were all up there at one point and are now no longer listed.

Also of note: Of Montreal/Janelle Monae show(s) no longer listed on ticketfly?

Erykah Badu
8/7
Merriweather

full line-up:

Summer Spirit Festival
Saturday 8/7
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:37:21 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #20518 on: June 01, 2010, 03:36:45 pm »
It's pretty indescribable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMPF6lpM0XM  (that's one of their more popular songs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YML_-zi_Dc (song they did with david byrne)

Owen Pallet is supposed to be decent. He seems a bit like Andrew Bird and Jens Lekman. Plus, he covers John Cale, which means he has to at least have decent taste.

opack420

« Reply #20519 on: June 01, 2010, 05:29:27 pm »
arcade fire w/spoon
8/6
mpp

very cool.  any word on price or sale date?