Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10653700 times)

betao

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #22155 on: February 02, 2011, 05:59:56 pm »
There's bound to be a DC date here somwhere (someone else may have to check to see if this is legit)

Peter Murphy
Bourbon Street Ballroom (Baltimore)
4/3

That's a couple of days after the Richmond date (3/31).

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #22156 on: February 02, 2011, 06:59:16 pm »
Here's the "DC" date:

Peter Murphy
4/1/11
State Th., Falls Church, VA

I guess the State Th. has now filled their quota of roughly one decent show per year.

azaghal1981

« Reply #22157 on: February 02, 2011, 07:04:14 pm »
^To their credit, they have put together a couple metal bills in the last few months that got me to consider going there again.
احمد

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #22158 on: February 02, 2011, 07:32:30 pm »
Here's another one for the suburbs:

An evening with David Lindley
3/27/11
Jammin' Java, Vienna, VA

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22159 on: February 02, 2011, 07:44:50 pm »
Lil' Wayne: I Am Still Music Tour 2011
1st Mariner Arena
Baltimore, MD
Sun, Mar 20, 2011
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #22160 on: February 02, 2011, 07:52:07 pm »
Thats great about Peter Murphy.. I'll be there.

Love the State Theatre.. yes they don't get that many great shows ..

But the sound/sight lines/beer prices are the best in the area for music venues. They even have a little section outside to get some fresh air. The tour buses park right outside so you can pretty much always interact with artists/get them to sign stuff. Or they'll have signing after show out front.

The last two shows I saw there- Toots, Smithereens- where killer.

wml7

« Reply #22161 on: February 02, 2011, 07:53:14 pm »

But the sound/sight lines/beer prices are the best in the area for music venues. They even have a little section outside to get some fresh air. The tour buses park right outside so you can pretty much always interact with artists/get them to sign stuff. Or they'll have signing after show out front.

when you going to Richmond for a show?  ;D

hutch

« Reply #22162 on: February 02, 2011, 08:25:58 pm »

when you going to Richmond for a show?  ;D

Good of you to ask! ..gives me an opportunity to amend one thing.. I don't know the sound at State is the best in the area..its good but I would doubt its as good as the 930. I just don't know.

I avoid Richmond, as I think is pretty well known, like the plague so unless they get something really great I won't go. :) Last year I went to the National for Ween and that was it as far as Richmond.

blipvurt

« Reply #22163 on: February 02, 2011, 11:29:00 pm »
Peter Murphy played The State Theater in 2009. Everyone I talked to that went hated it and said the sound ruined the show.

killsaly

« Reply #22164 on: February 03, 2011, 12:55:10 am »
the miracle power combination (noise/grind from tx)
how i quit crack (blacklight haunted house)
immaculate grotesque (no need to say more)
2/20
America:122 S Stockton St Baltimore

Anybody know anything about this venue?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:59:55 am by killsaly »

walkonby

« Reply #22165 on: February 03, 2011, 01:00:22 am »
if you disregard richmond . . . you disregard the history of how wonderful it is.  not that i think it's safe or anything, but where in the world do i think it is safe, besides where i live.  equal, worse, better than dc in avoiding the stray bullets from your night out on the loud town, then pizza by the slice.  i choose the southern belle over the city tramp anyday.

agenthal

« Reply #22166 on: February 03, 2011, 02:54:11 am »
true about Klaxons and the club was empty.

^^ they were here October/November
Yeah I missed them, saw them when they first came to the club in 08 or something. Floor was about half full, but the crowd was super into it and they were fun.
I missed them too.  :'( Hope I can catch them at SXSW because there's no way I can see them in Baltimore as a car-less student...

If you can make it to SXSW, you can make it to Baltimore. You just need some friends with cars. Buy them a ticket, some drinks or gas and all will work out.

I'm from Austin, so actually SXSW is easier for me in a way. And I can get to Baltimore, just not back as the MARC shuts down... also, it's a bad night of the week for me, I have a night class. Any other night and I'd be there. And trust me, if I knew ANYONE with a car, I'd be going to Baltimore all the time for shows, but I don't.  :(

hutch

« Reply #22167 on: February 03, 2011, 09:28:32 am »
Peter Murphy played The State Theater in 2009. Everyone I talked to that went hated it and said the sound ruined the show.

That may be... sound can be bad at any show but I've seen at least 50 shows at the State going back a decade or so and the sound equipment would not be the problem..

And those that criticize the acts they get are simply not interested in a lot of the types of bands they get.. such as Latin Rock .. I've written about how IMP should book more latin music but it doesn't so these acts often go to the State.. I'm not talking about small acts either.. People like Gustavo Cerati, Los Autenticos Decadentes, Ratones Paranoicos, Enanitos Verdes, Aterciopelados and Cafe Tacuba..

Anyways, this isn't the place for this conversation and in the end if others don't like the place its no concern to me; and its nothing I don't know..I went to an Os Mutantes show there recently with 50 people in attendance..

hutch

« Reply #22168 on: February 03, 2011, 09:29:58 am »
if you disregard richmond . . . you disregard the history of how wonderful it is.  not that i think it's safe or anything, but where in the world do i think it is safe, besides where i live.  equal, worse, better than dc in avoiding the stray bullets from your night out on the loud town, then pizza by the slice.  i choose the southern belle over the city tramp anyday.

History? You mean being the capital of the Confederacy? Southern Belle? Have never heard it referred to as a Belle...

I lived there four years.. I'd say that gives me the right to disregard it.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #22169 on: February 03, 2011, 09:50:06 am »
Double Dagger
2/24
BC backstage

Buffalo Tom
4/30
BC
(_|_)