Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10654852 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #22230 on: February 11, 2011, 06:29:57 pm »
Feels as though they play the club 7x a year.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #22231 on: February 11, 2011, 07:40:00 pm »
at Red Palace
3/1 Future Islands, Thank You, Ed Schrader's Music Beat
3/7 Astronautalis/Sims

eltee

« Reply #22232 on: February 12, 2011, 04:30:45 am »
Has there ever been a venue that packs people in until they can't move as badly as the 9:30 Club does?  Luckily I've never been to one.
Sadly, have to agree. Even though I'm suggesting Foo for the club, I already know if they did perform there, I wouldn't be able to move or see, but I'd still go. :)
Haven't seen this and I did go back a few pages:

Cloud Cult:
May 28  Black Cat
May 29 Vienna, VA Private Event (no info and no reply to my inquiry)

The Submarines: BC 4/29

killsaly

« Reply #22233 on: February 12, 2011, 04:21:38 pm »
Cloud Cult:
May 28  Black Cat
May 29 Vienna, VA Private Event (no info and no reply to my inquiry)
Nice!!! I guess the heart issue that Craig was having is no longer an issue.
From email:
Cloud Cult has announced the cancellation of the band's upcoming performances at First Avenue (January 21) and Lutsen (February 5). On Thursday, Cloud Cult's Craig Minowa was hospitalized with heart issues.

Although the condition necessitates a temporary hiatus from performances, doctors are suggesting a noninvasive heart surgery would likely be performed in the next few weeks to bring permanent remedy to the problem. We apologize for any complications, and we look forward to returning with more energy than ever in the coming months.

Black Cat (Damn they have some good shows coming up)
Mar 22
(THE SOUNDS OF) KALEIDOSCOPE

Mar 25
THE JOY FORMIDABLE

eltee

« Reply #22234 on: February 13, 2011, 01:20:06 pm »
I couldn't remember the SN of my CC buddy, but here you are; glad you saw the post. There is a couple months for recovery I'm guessing. There are 2010 dates on their website calendar, which is confusing, but if you scroll down, you will see the 2011 canceled dates and then the shows I posted. Assuming I'm reading it correctly; since they appear to be in sequence following the canceled shows. The news update to the left suggests the same. Hope they are well and we get to see them. Will let you know if I see anything on the private show.

killsaly

« Reply #22235 on: February 13, 2011, 02:25:58 pm »
I couldn't remember the SN of my CC buddy, but here you are; glad you saw the post. There is a couple months for recovery I'm guessing. There are 2010 dates on their website calendar, which is confusing, but if you scroll down, you will see the 2011 canceled dates and then the shows I posted. Assuming I'm reading it correctly; since they appear to be in sequence following the canceled shows. The news update to the left suggests the same. Hope they are well and we get to see them. Will let you know if I see anything on the private show.
Yeah I love Cloud Cult, even have a Connie Minowa original painting of my sheltie in Scotland hanging on my wall (from when she was pregnant and taking commissions. It looks a bit different than her usual show watercolors, awesome nonetheless).

Was this already announced?
Ottobar 4/7
THE BLACK LIPS, THE VIVIAN GIRLS and JEFF THE BROTHERHOOD
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:28:01 pm by killsaly »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22236 on: February 14, 2011, 11:28:53 am »
Yeasayer
June 16
930 Club
<sig>

TheREALHunter

« Reply #22237 on: February 14, 2011, 01:17:55 pm »
Looks like DC has been passed over for the upcoming QOTSA tour.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22238 on: February 14, 2011, 04:53:38 pm »
AGAIN! A-fucking-gain. I can't believe it. They skipped us on their last tour, and now they're not even playing Bmore. What the fucking fuck.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #22239 on: February 14, 2011, 04:58:43 pm »
Maybe if DC crowds weren't filled with asshole who don't dance, band would actually want to play here.

AGAIN! A-fucking-gain. I can't believe it. They skipped us on their last tour, and now they're not even playing Bmore. What the fucking fuck.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #22240 on: February 14, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »
Maybe if DC crowds weren't filled with asshole who don't dance, band would actually want to play here.

Dancing to QOTSA? You are quite the moron.

fatskippy

« Reply #22241 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:16 pm »

Dancing to QOTSA? You are quite the moron.

I think what he means is not stand there like completely lifeless zombies.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22242 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:20 pm »

Then why would they pass over Baltimore too?

@Thousand - are you serious? QotSA, mainly Josh, always talks about people dancing to their music. I think their music has a very sexual way of being danced to. And then Song For The Dead comes on and you're elbowing people's faces off.

Maybe they were asking for too much to play the club? I have no idea why though.... I'm just really disappointed. Seeing them at 930 almost 6 years ago was amazing, I still have the poster, signed, and hanging on my wall in my room. March something 2005. So long ago :( Even the Baltimore show was almost 4 years ago. GAH!
‼‼?‼‼

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #22243 on: February 14, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »

I think their music has a very sexual way of being danced to. And then Song For The Dead comes on and you're elbowing people's faces off.

Remind me not to stand next to you at the next QotSA show.  :o :D

Maybe it all boiled down to too many booking conflicts seeing as it's during that time when every band in God's creation slides through town.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #22244 on: February 14, 2011, 06:45:17 pm »
QOTSA will take the first record tour to Europe in May, with additional US and Canada dates to be added in June. Look for additional shows to be announced on Feb. 21st!

DC in June?