Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10658670 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #22530 on: March 12, 2011, 03:46:35 pm »
Neil Young's ticket prices are sickening.  Considering all he's said about working folks - in his lyrics and in interviews - to be shutting out all but the rich and gouging the faithful is really inexcusable.  It's really marred my once high opinion of the guy and his music.  Neil, why do you keep Fuckin' Up?!

I've been saying the same about Bruce Springseed but Bruce's is MUCH more blatant and his started the entire fan ticket gouging way back.  Bruce is a bigger douche by far.
FUKIT

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #22531 on: March 12, 2011, 04:48:45 pm »
You've got to be kidding.  I've been to plenty of Springsteen shows - mostly in the pit and lower level seats.  Springsteen tickets have never,  ever been over $95 for a ticket.  And he doesn't have tiered pricing or offer special back stage bs packages like so many other bands.  On top of that, he plays 2.5 -3.5 hour sets so you get plenty of bang for the buck, especially if you are a fan.

I feel less ripped off paying $90  a ticket and getting a full show with varied setlists, then paying $40/ticket and watching a barely 60 minute set list that never change, from some of the younger bands going through the motions.

I think the Eagles were actually the first band to charge over $100/ticket years ago, and charge higher fees for better seats.  On top of that, plenty of bands charge fan club membership fees to get first crack at tickets (especially when it's pretty easy to figure out the presale codes without having to join).  I think this is a ripoff, but if people are willing to pay then I guess bands have the right to offer this option to their fans.

So anyway, please explain to me how Springsteen is so blatant in and the pioneer of gauging the fans.

Neil Young's ticket prices are sickening.  Considering all he's said about working folks - in his lyrics and in interviews - to be shutting out all but the rich and gouging the faithful is really inexcusable.  It's really marred my once high opinion of the guy and his music.  Neil, why do you keep Fuckin' Up?!

I've been saying the same about Bruce Springseed but Bruce's is MUCH more blatant and his started the entire fan ticket gouging way back.  Bruce is a bigger douche by far.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:50:35 pm by jeffml »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #22532 on: March 12, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »
Bert Jansch opening for Neil Young for this tour
(_|_)

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #22533 on: March 12, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »
Bert Jansch opening for Neil Young for this tour

Do you happen to have a source for this?  I'm wondering if this is just because people are using poster's from last year's tour with Bert opening to advertise this year's shows.  I really hope it is true that Bert is opening again this year.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #22534 on: March 12, 2011, 05:54:58 pm »
^^ do you think I'm merely speculating?
(_|_)

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #22535 on: March 12, 2011, 06:12:47 pm »
Bert's opening. Says so on the Landmark's website.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #22536 on: March 12, 2011, 08:47:40 pm »

Amen.  "Douche" may be the kindest thing I could ever say about that fake, hypocritical, boring, uneducated cliched piece of shit.  AND his idiot, worshipping fans.  AND the God-awful band he rode in on.

Brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #22537 on: March 12, 2011, 08:49:22 pm »
You've got to be kidding.  I've been to plenty of Springsteen shows - mostly in the pit and lower level seats.  Springsteen tickets have never,  ever been over $95 for a ticket. 

Completely a false statement.  Go back to wiping his smelly New Jersey ass.

Brian

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #22538 on: March 12, 2011, 10:17:38 pm »
I've seen bruce many many times.  I'm sure I've never paid more than 80 or 90, and a few times i've been right up literally against the stage.  Money very well spent.

And i got 2 tix to see Neil in Richmond for $140 with fees.  Def more than I usually spend, but I've never seen him.  Seems like every time he tours it's some very specific conceptual thing...this is a chance to see him tour a good album and do electric and acoustic sets of his hits, so I'm in.  Not sure when he'll do another like this.  Could be a while.

Unsanity

« Reply #22539 on: March 13, 2011, 08:55:08 pm »
Earth w/ Ô Paon

6/17 at Ottobar

Vas Deferens

« Reply #22540 on: March 13, 2011, 08:57:24 pm »
YES!!!

Earth w/ Ô Paon

6/17 at Ottobar
(_|_)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22541 on: March 14, 2011, 10:22:11 am »
Dunno if I missed this, my birthday weekend!

The Flaming Lips
National, Richmond
Sunday, May 15th
Tickets on sale now $40.00
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #22542 on: March 14, 2011, 10:24:37 am »

The Flaming Lips
National, Richmond
Sunday, May 15th

Yeah, this was announced awhile ago let me know if you can get tickets because I can't seem to pull any on ticketmaster  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #22543 on: March 14, 2011, 10:29:21 am »

The Flaming Lips
National, Richmond
Sunday, May 15th

Yeah, this was announced awhile ago let me know if you can get tickets because I can't seem to pull any on ticketmaster  ;D

sold out.

walkonby

« Reply #22544 on: March 14, 2011, 11:40:21 am »
well this sounds interesting.  i'll watch.  what the hell.

http://www.youtube.com/duranduranvevo