Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10031187 times)

wml7

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #22785 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:43 pm »
Cut Copy @ The National
7/5  ;D

mdh9857

« Reply #22786 on: April 08, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »
There is no way Wiz is headlining MPP... is it part of something bigger?  Can't be FreeFest yet... I don't know... I don't buy it....

Rock the Bells perhaps?

He's headlining.  He announced a whole tour.

"Pollstar has revealed that the Pittsburg, Pa. native is going to celebrate his Bonnaroo appearance on June 12th by heading back out on the road to begin a string of 30 new tour dates the very next day. The new stops have Wiz out of the small arenas (and frat house lawns) that he?ll play this month and into sheds like the Santa Barbara Bowl in California, Lakefront Arena in Louisiana, and the Sunset Cove Amphitheatre in Florida. He plays the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md. on July 24th. Other states on the second round of tour dates include Ohio, Texas, Massachusetts, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, North and South Carolina, Virginia, New Hampshire, and New York."

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #22787 on: April 08, 2011, 03:34:21 pm »
There is no way Wiz is headlining MPP... is it part of something bigger?  Can't be FreeFest yet... I don't know... I don't buy it....

Rock the Bells perhaps?

"Pollstar has revealed that the Pittsburg, Pa. native is going to celebrate his Bonnaroo appearance on June 12th by heading back out on the road to begin a string of 30 new tour dates the very next day. The new stops have Wiz out of the small arenas (and frat house lawns) that he?ll play this month and into sheds like the Santa Barbara Bowl in California, Lakefront Arena in Louisiana, and the Sunset Cove Amphitheatre in Florida. He plays the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md. on July 24th. Other states on the second round of tour dates include Ohio, Texas, Massachusetts, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, North and South Carolina, Virginia, New Hampshire, and New York."
He can't possibly be doing Merriweather AND a Virginia place, can he?

hutch

« Reply #22788 on: April 08, 2011, 03:42:12 pm »

Rock the Bells perhaps?

He can't possibly be doing Merriweather AND a Virginia place, can he?

sure he can..tidewater area...

Stillwater

« Reply #22789 on: April 08, 2011, 03:42:42 pm »
Looks like he is playing the pavilion in Portsmouth... He just played NorVa AND the National and I'm pretty sure he didn't sell out either.

I'm confused. I'm not sure if he brought J. Cole and Wale with him that they would even come close to selling out...

walkonby

« Reply #22790 on: April 08, 2011, 03:56:12 pm »
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15294-rolling-papers/

i tell you . . . weed.  those darn kids love them some weed.

betao

« Reply #22791 on: April 08, 2011, 04:43:06 pm »
Looks like he is playing the pavilion in Portsmouth... He just played NorVa AND the National and I'm pretty sure he didn't sell out either.

I'm confused. I'm not sure if he brought J. Cole and Wale with him that they would even come close to selling out...

His Nat'l show was sold out. And packed as hell.

bekessler

« Reply #22792 on: April 08, 2011, 04:58:13 pm »
Odd Future
Rock and Roll Hotel
5/18

On sale in a few minutes on TA.

azaghal1981

« Reply #22793 on: April 08, 2011, 05:15:22 pm »
Just one more gig to add to the super long list of stuff that should never have been  booked there.

Could easily sell out the club.

And will sound like ass. As will James Blake.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:16:59 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #22794 on: April 08, 2011, 05:17:53 pm »

His Nat'l show was sold out. And packed as hell.

Go figure! 

OK on another note someone help me here...  What is the deal with "420"?  I mean WHY specifically 420?  Is there a particular reason for that time or is it just that the stoners figured that is as good a tie eas any?
FUKIT

mahimahi1414

« Reply #22795 on: April 08, 2011, 06:10:41 pm »
Supposedly the teens who coined the term in the 70s in California used to meet after school at 4:20. There's a whole story behind it if you google it.

travelinbeat

« Reply #22796 on: April 08, 2011, 06:11:15 pm »

Rock the Bells perhaps?

I really don't think (and I really hope) that Rock the Bells would book Wiz... they've always been very good about booking straight Hip-Hop, and avoiding rap.  But who knows, I know that Rock the Bells has been at MPP the past few years, and the timing's about right... I'm just hoping that my 3rd year of attending won't be dirtied by such a shit musician  :-\

PS: Anyone heard anything about the Green Apple Festival on the Mall this year?  It's generally in mid / late April and I haven't heard anything!  (EDIT: nevermind)

EDIT II:  Looks like Wiz was at Rock the Bells last year (though he certainly wasn't on the main stage)... it's looking more and more like this may be Rock the Bells.  I hope we get the full line-up soon!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:48:47 am by travelinbeat »

Stillwater

« Reply #22797 on: April 08, 2011, 06:17:56 pm »
Is that Odd Future show a DJ Set or is the DJ Set the "opener"?

azaghal1981

« Reply #22798 on: April 08, 2011, 06:30:11 pm »
I have to say that this is the most tempted I have been to break my promise to myself to not go back to that anus of a venue since I left the last Future of the Left show there.
احمد

Stillwater

« Reply #22799 on: April 08, 2011, 06:41:20 pm »
Probably not "Just Announced" but next Sunday night, 4/17, Jonathan Tyler & the Northern Lights are playing DC9.  They are a bluesy rock band out of Dallas. First caught them at ACL in 09, then Voodoo last year.  Put on a great show.  I just noticed, so I thought I would throw that out there...

------

Azag, are you sure the OF show is not a DJ set?