Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10018952 times)

eltee

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #23640 on: July 22, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »
what is going to happen when the line up looks awesome?  awesome i say.  will everybody here bitch just to bitch because is it not 930?

"just announced at the fillmore for dec."

beastie boys opening for flaming lips opening for david bowie opening for clutch

"responce from 930 forum . . . meh."

exactly. I'm Team Seth/930 - but most, if not all of those bands, have played 930 and some of you have gone to see them. (I am curious how acts will trade which venue they are booked... the trend is usually 4 mths/6 mths/ year as far as touring & alternating city. just hope artists/bands that frequent 930, their labels/reps will continue to book them at our ;) club)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:41:24 am by Nomeimporta »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23641 on: July 22, 2011, 01:02:15 pm »
those bands played the 930 previously because 930/IMP was the only game in town.  now that LN has its own venue, i believe there is going to be a split: you're either a LN band and only play the FSS, or you're an independent/non-LN band (or a few with long-standing relationships with seth) and they will plan the 930.  i don't think you'll see much ping-ponging between the venues.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #23642 on: July 22, 2011, 01:10:23 pm »
what people need to remember is that the filmore capacity is 2000 not 1200!

people talk about them as if they are interchangeable...

The capacity difference has major implications as does the fact that LN has similar venues up and down the east coast/nation and will be telling acts it can offer them a package of tour venues...

I think people are really not thinking about it clearly on this board... Live Nation is the biggest concert promoter in the world.. IMP has been killing them locally but this will have a big impact on that competition.. I wonder if IMP is thinking about a bigger venue..

also remember there are a lot of people out in MD who don't want to drive in to DC or deal with DC and the Fillmore is just a mile or so off of 495..these people may not be going to concerts now but maybe they will now that the Fillmore is opening..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:18:12 pm by hutch »

azaghal1981

« Reply #23643 on: July 22, 2011, 02:12:21 pm »
Sweet poop sandwich of a lineup they have got there.
I mean the Club has next to nothing going for it until September but if this is what we are to expect of the Fillmore's fall lineup, I am pretty sure Seth can sleep easy.
احمد

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #23644 on: July 22, 2011, 03:20:58 pm »
jens lekman @ 6th & I on October 5, on sale today
(o|o)

mdh9857

« Reply #23645 on: July 22, 2011, 03:22:13 pm »
what is going to happen when the line up looks awesome?  awesome i say.  will everybody here bitch just to bitch because is it not 930?

beastie boys opening for flaming lips opening for david bowie opening for clutch

If the lineup looks awesome, then I will go to the show.  I don't think a lot of people here are necessarily bashing the venue as a whole and without basis.  It's purely the lineup they've announced, it's a huge letdown in my opinion.

You're Live Nation, and you're opening a new venue, you announce a batch of shows that blow everyone's socks off.  You don't announce shows that aren't going to generate as much excitement.  That's great they booked Blondie, Lewis Black, etc, I'm sure they'll sell, and they are solid shows.  But for a opening you come out guns blazing.  Announce big acts, popular acts, and show the public that you have talent to book and draw.  They didn't do this, and they have bad word of mouth at the start because of it.

They can obviously change that by booking a few good shows, but they need to suprise me, otherwise I'll stay whelmed.

Unsanity

« Reply #23646 on: July 22, 2011, 03:45:43 pm »
8 More bands announced for Maryland Deathfest 2012. Mostly Things I never heard of except.

GODFLESH...!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23647 on: July 22, 2011, 04:00:25 pm »

If the lineup looks awesome, then I will go to the show.  I don't think a lot of people here are necessarily bashing the venue as a whole and without basis.  It's purely the lineup they've announced, it's a huge letdown in my opinion.

You're Live Nation, and you're opening a new venue, you announce a batch of shows that blow everyone's socks off.  You don't announce shows that aren't going to generate as much excitement.  That's great they booked Blondie, Lewis Black, etc, I'm sure they'll sell, and they are solid shows.  But for a opening you come out guns blazing.  Announce big acts, popular acts, and show the public that you have talent to book and draw.  They didn't do this, and they have bad word of mouth at the start because of it.

They can obviously change that by booking a few good shows, but they need to suprise me, otherwise I'll stay whelmed.
Mary J. Blige is huge. Not hat I like her, but she is.
‼‼?‼‼

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #23648 on: July 22, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »
Wait.....did someone say Godflesh?

travelinbeat

« Reply #23649 on: July 22, 2011, 07:51:53 pm »
.. I wonder if IMP is thinking about a bigger venue..

What ever happened to Seth's DC Armory consideration?  Wasn't there some buzz of IMP purchasing that place? 

betao

« Reply #23650 on: July 22, 2011, 08:53:15 pm »
Primus, Mary J Blige, Psychedelic Furs/Tom Tom Club, and Blondie are pretty solid bookings imho. I mean it's not an OMG STELLAR lineup, but I feel alot of hatred sent towards its way is just people wanting to side with the 930 out of loyalty. I love the 930 and the shows they get, but ultimately it's about the music for me; I'll see my bands wherever they play, unless I have some deep irreversible hatred for a place that would prevent me from ever attending it - which I don't have towards anywhere right now.

I think it's decent for an opening. They have competition in DC, and booking big name acts isn't as easy as just saying "lets get this lets get that."

azaghal1981

« Reply #23651 on: July 22, 2011, 10:07:17 pm »
Male Bonding
Red Palace
9/10
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23652 on: July 23, 2011, 12:05:40 am »
booking big name acts isn't as easy as just saying "lets get this lets get that."

right - it's not like the FSS is owned by the largest booking and talent management company in the country or anything like that.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #23653 on: July 23, 2011, 12:22:17 am »
Maybe they are trying to appeal to a blander middle of the road type crowd?

Waiting for the big Matchbox 20 reunion show in which they play their first album whose name I am too lazy to look up in its entirety announcement.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:35:55 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

betao

« Reply #23654 on: July 23, 2011, 12:48:19 am »
booking big name acts isn't as easy as just saying "lets get this lets get that."

right - it's not like the FSS is owned by the largest booking and talent management company in the country or anything like that.

I'm just saying - we all know it works around touring schedules/availability and stuff, and having to compete against the 930 doesn't help either. Given the circumstances, I think it's a decent start.