Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10607570 times)

killsaly

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #25515 on: March 01, 2012, 03:28:07 pm »
Lets see:
Sweet! (in reply to a proper DC Polyphonic Spree gig)
How is it? (Sixth and I)
And Also at Sixth and I:
Rachel Maddow
Date:    Saturday, April 28, 2012
Time:    8:00 PM

In Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power, the host of the Emmy Award-winning ?The Rachel Maddow Show? on MSNBC, argues that we?ve drifted away from America?s original ideals and become a nation weirdly at peace with perpetual war, with all the financial and human costs that entails.

Maddow takes us from the Vietnam War to today?s war in Afghanistan, along the way exploring Reagan?s presidency, the rise of executive authority, the outsourcing of our war-making capabilities to private companies, and the plummeting percentage of American families whose children fight our constant wars for us. Ultimately, she shows just how much we stand to lose by allowing the priorities of the national security state to overpower political discourse.

James Ford

« Reply #25516 on: March 01, 2012, 03:33:14 pm »
Does she sing? Do standup?

Lets see:
How is it? (Sixth and I)
And Also at Sixth and I:
Rachel Maddow

In Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power, the host of the Emmy Award-winning ?The Rachel Maddow Show? on MSNBC, argues that we?ve drifted away from America?s original ideals and become a nation weirdly at peace with perpetual war, with all the financial and human costs that entails.

Maddow takes us from the Vietnam War to today?s war in Afghanistan, along the way exploring Reagan?s presidency, the rise of executive authority, the outsourcing of our war-making capabilities to private companies, and the plummeting percentage of American families whose children fight our constant wars for us. Ultimately, she shows just how much we stand to lose by allowing the priorities of the national security state to overpower political discourse.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #25517 on: March 01, 2012, 03:33:26 pm »
i'll be there . . . both shows

never been to that place

hope i don't get shot

pizza by the slice

killsaly

« Reply #25518 on: March 01, 2012, 03:38:00 pm »
Lets see...

She is about to release a book.

The gig is listed under this set of categories:
Books  ?  Current Affairs   ?  General Interest  ?  Politics  ?  Talks, Lectures, Conversations 

i'll be there . . . both shows
Cool maybe ill see you at one of them Walkie!

You too Sawyer!

James Ford

« Reply #25519 on: March 01, 2012, 03:47:09 pm »
And people pay money to see that?

Lets see...

Books  ?  Current Affairs   ?  General Interest  ?  Politics  ?  Talks, Lectures, Conversations 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #25520 on: March 01, 2012, 03:51:47 pm »
And people pay money to see that?

Lets see...

nope . . . no one does.  the end.

killsaly

« Reply #25521 on: March 01, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »
More for All Good:
Big Gigantic
Tea Leaf Green
The New Mastersounds
Greensky Bluegrass
Rumpke Mountain Boys
The 4onthefloor

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25522 on: March 01, 2012, 04:17:21 pm »
Iron Maiden with Alice Cooper opening
Jiffy Lube Live
June 30

presale on now, just got me a pit ticket.  google is your friend.  i'm probably not.
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #25523 on: March 01, 2012, 06:07:34 pm »
The New Mastersounds

I just watched a movie about them the other night. Never even heard of them before but it was about music so I was sold.

It was okay. They aren't my thing but they are good musicians. Came off as likeable guys too. Was worth an evening's entertainment. Almost sent the link to Kosmo since they do a Funk thing thinking he might enjoy watching it just for the heck of it at the very least. It's up on Hulu, the freebie collection, if you are interested.

azaghal1981

« Reply #25524 on: March 01, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »
Pretty sure Kosmo is a fan.
احمد

TheREALHunter

« Reply #25525 on: March 02, 2012, 12:07:11 pm »
Scorpions
Merriweather
July 12

Got Haggis?

« Reply #25526 on: March 02, 2012, 12:37:27 pm »
March 21st -Grimes @ Str8 Cavin (copycat building)- Baltimore - heh seems like she got real popular in the last month or so....interesting venue choice.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #25527 on: March 02, 2012, 01:51:41 pm »
Lets see:
How is it? (Sixth and I)
And Also at Sixth and I:
Rachel Maddow

And people would pay to see her do what exactly?  Surely not that imbecilic drivel she spots on TV when they let her out of her padded room!  That woman is the epitome of what is wrong with the libtard movement in this country.    I'm sure she is a lot more intelligent than how she portrays herself on that show.  Of course she has to do that to speak to the level of her target audience.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #25528 on: March 02, 2012, 01:56:43 pm »
Lets see:
How is it? (Sixth and I)
And Also at Sixth and I:
Rachel Maddow

And people would pay to see her do what exactly?  Surely not that imbecilic drivel she spots on TV when they let her out of her padded room!  That woman is the epitome of what is wrong with the libtard movement in this country.    I'm sure she is a lot more intelligent than how she portrays herself on that show.  Of course she has to do that to speak to the level of her target audience.

i'm liberal but I have to agree. with this (except maybe the last five words! :) )

I can't stand her.. I'll take the schultz guy any day of the week but they're all pretty horrible on msnbc....except maybe rachel's fill in..

killsaly

« Reply #25529 on: March 02, 2012, 02:29:57 pm »
PSYCHIC TV / PTV3 w CELEBRATION; 3.23 at SONAR

(Celebration just added as opener)