Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10599797 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #25605 on: March 07, 2012, 10:22:43 am »
Curren$y at Empire (formerly Jaxx) on 6/5.
No fucking way
‼‼?‼‼

hemisphire

« Reply #25606 on: March 07, 2012, 10:41:18 am »
Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center 7/9-8/18/2013
Do I win the furthest out Just Announced prize?

Any idea when tix would go on sale for this, more or less?

"The on sale date for this event has not been announced."
http://www.kennedy-center.org/events/?event=TNTSF

killsaly

« Reply #25607 on: March 07, 2012, 11:02:07 am »
Awesome! Rachel Maddow is fantastic!!
Tickets went on sale Monday.  I grabbed a pair.

Thursday, 12 July 2012
? Roger Waters: The Wall Live

Did anybody see this last time through?  Is it worth the money?  Im more a Gilmour fan in regards to Pink Floyd, but do dig the Wall...

Yada

« Reply #25608 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:11 am »

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Did anybody see this last time through?  Is it worth the money?  Im more a Gilmour fan in regards to Pink Floyd, but do dig the Wall...

I've heard it's nothing short of a mindblowing show. After much debate and skipping the last tour, I pulled the trigger and bought a pair the upcoming show here.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #25609 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:27 am »
Sweetlife Festival  @ MPP -  April 28th

Avicii, Kid Cudi, the Shins, Explosions in the Sky, Fitz and the Tantrums, A$ap Rocky, and Fun

tickets $75 (YIKES)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #25610 on: March 07, 2012, 11:31:54 am »

Thursday, 12 July 2012

I've heard it's nothing short of a mindblowing show. After much debate and skipping the last tour, I pulled the trigger and bought a pair the upcoming show here.

Does this show consist of her telling 3rd grade level jokes about people and then sitting back giggling about it like she actually said something of merit.  You know just like her TV show...
FUKIT

Arthwys

« Reply #25611 on: March 07, 2012, 11:56:12 am »
Thursday, 12 July 2012

Saw it in Philly last year.  Since The Wall was so much more about the visuals and the message than actually seeing Pink Floyd perform (which is kind of the point,they build a wall between themselves and the audience) it's definitely worth going.  The musicians Waters has with him do a decent job and the music sounds fantastic.  But the real treat is seeing Waters' vision produced with all the 21st century technology.  The visuals projected onto the wall itself are at times pretty mindblowing.  The giant puppets are a treat to see and there is even a remote control flying pig that goes out over the crowd.  Sorry if any of this could be considered "spoilers", but I'd say if you're on the fence, and you haven't seen the show, just pony up the cash and go.  This is most likely the last time anything remotely resembling a full on Floyd show will be performed by an actual member of the band.
Emrys

manayer

« Reply #25612 on: March 07, 2012, 12:03:07 pm »

Avicii, Kid Cudi, the Shins, Explosions in the Sky, Fitz and the Tantrums, A$ap Rocky, and Fun

tickets $75 (YIKES)

on their website when you scroll over the poster a little pop up thing appears for a bit listing other artists: "gotye, metric, chromeo, james murphy, little dragon, cults, rac, and st vincent"  maybe they will be announced later or those were other acts they wanted and couldnt get?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #25613 on: March 07, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Does this show consist of her telling 3rd grade level jokes about people and then sitting back giggling about it like she actually said something of merit.  You know just like her TV show...

stop thinking like a first grader . . . and maybe you might learn something.

Yada

« Reply #25614 on: March 07, 2012, 12:09:09 pm »

Thursday, 12 July 2012

I guess grumpy walky is on board today, hey breah!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #25615 on: March 07, 2012, 12:12:19 pm »
did ratbastard really need to say what he did?  that is all.  no grump.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #25616 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:49 pm »
and go see the wall . . . good lord, if you see no other show but it this year, you are still better than everybody else.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #25617 on: March 07, 2012, 12:15:48 pm »

Thursday, 12 July 2012

I already have learned something.  Seeing as she has yet to say one word of substance, watching or listening to her is a waste of my allotted time on Earth.  The sad part is that not only does she think she is actually saying something of value that is well thought out and reasoned, so does most of her target audience.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #25618 on: March 07, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »
so you don't like her.  do you really think this audience . . . cares?  hating is a right; expressing your hatred is an asshole.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #25619 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:13 pm »

tickets $75 (YIKES)

on their website when you scroll over the poster a little pop up thing appears for a bit listing other artists: "gotye, metric, chromeo, james murphy, little dragon, cults, rac, and st vincent"  maybe they will be announced later or those were other acts they wanted and couldnt get?

I don't get that popup at all...If they really had those other artists in the can, then why would they post such a super lame lineup instead of announcing that much better lineup?
PANTS