Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10598102 times)

agenthal

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #25620 on: March 07, 2012, 12:46:06 pm »
Sweetlife Festival  @ MPP -  April 28th

Avicii, Kid Cudi, the Shins, Explosions in the Sky, Fitz and the Tantrums, A$ap Rocky, and Fun

tickets $75 (YIKES)

on their website when you scroll over the poster a little pop up thing appears for a bit listing other artists: "gotye, metric, chromeo, james murphy, little dragon, cults, rac, and st vincent"  maybe they will be announced later or those were other acts they wanted and couldnt get?

I don't get that popup at all...If they really had those other artists in the can, then why would they post such a super lame lineup instead of announcing that much better lineup?

Well, it does say more will be added. If they add those I'm in.

atomicfront

« Reply #25621 on: March 07, 2012, 12:56:18 pm »
Sweetlife Festival  @ MPP -  April 28th

Avicii, Kid Cudi, the Shins, Explosions in the Sky, Fitz and the Tantrums, A$ap Rocky, and Fun

tickets $75 (YIKES)

on their website when you scroll over the poster a little pop up thing appears for a bit listing other artists: "gotye, metric, chromeo, james murphy, little dragon, cults, rac, and st vincent"  maybe they will be announced later or those were other acts they wanted and couldnt get?

I don't get that popup at all...If they really had those other artists in the can, then why would they post such a super lame lineup instead of announcing that much better lineup?

That is a good point. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #25622 on: March 07, 2012, 01:07:49 pm »
Would much rather see some of those popup acts at the Club.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #25623 on: March 07, 2012, 01:10:37 pm »

Really??  They would be on a second stage I would assume.  I would much rather see them outside at merriweather than at the  930 club. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #25624 on: March 07, 2012, 01:19:46 pm »
you like short sets?

Really??  They would be on a second stage I would assume.  I would much rather see them outside at merriweather than at the  930 club. 
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #25625 on: March 07, 2012, 01:20:39 pm »
the Ottobar
4/30 - SOULFLY- 15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TOUR!
with INCITE, LODY KONG and guests TBA

5/5 - Lower Dens

azaghal1981

« Reply #25626 on: March 07, 2012, 01:44:39 pm »
I read the post before the username and knew immediately this was you. ;D

you like short sets?

احمد

killsaly

« Reply #25627 on: March 07, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »
3/29 - Washington, DC @ Subterranean A
PRESS RELEASE
Wham City Take Absurd Educational Seminar to the Northeast

Fresh off a second successful national tour, Wham City is taking a stripped-down, educational revamp of their batshit comedy variety show to select Northeast cities in March and April. "Just in time for April Fools day"

The Wham City Educational Seminar is a blitzkrieg of gonzo lectures
(and one administered test) by Dina Kelberman, Connor Kizer, Ben O'Brien, Robby Rackleff,
Alan Resnick, and Mason Ross. The two-hour,seated show covers far-ranging topics like:

*How to Make More Money
    *How Alien Advertising Affects Us All
    *Outlive Your Friends and Family (Through 3D Scanning And other Digital Archiving Techniques)
    *Meditation and Its Effects on the Brain
    & more!

Like much of Wham City's output, the Educational Seminar is equal parts serious and absurd. In fact, the more outrageous the material, the more likely it's sincere. (especially if it's Connor.) And while they've won accolades in recent years for their comedy, the Baltimore collective has always been more concerned with living up to their own idiosyncratic artistic manifesto than with
populating their art with "jokes".

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25628 on: March 07, 2012, 02:00:41 pm »
did ratbastard really need to say what he did?  that is all.  no grump.

reminder: ratbastard once listed "the o'reilly factor" as one of his favorite shows.  i think it's obvious where he is coming from and why he hates maddow.  his hatred of a "libetard" is entirely predictable.  he's not being graceful (or interesting) about it, but that's just presentation.  
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #25629 on: March 07, 2012, 02:04:44 pm »
His use of a term like that also should give you a clue as to what you are dealing with.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #25630 on: March 07, 2012, 02:46:10 pm »
I read the post before the username and knew immediately this was you. ;D

you like short sets?

I think we have a love connection!

azaghal1981

« Reply #25631 on: March 07, 2012, 04:03:56 pm »
He wishes.
احمد

eros

« Reply #25632 on: March 07, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »
did ratbastard really need to say what he did?  that is all.  no grump.

reminder: ratbastard once listed "the o'reilly factor" as one of his favorite shows.  i think it's obvious where he is coming from and why he hates maddow.  his hatred of a "libetard" is entirely predictable.  he's not being graceful (or interesting) about it, but that's just presentation.  

I also recall a really over-the-top level of hate for U2/Bono (though that pretty much puts him in with half the board).

He just needs to read about all of Bono's tax shelter tricks to gain a new respect for the man I guess.
ʎɐʍou

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #25633 on: March 07, 2012, 05:50:41 pm »
so you don't like her.  do you really think this audience . . . cares?  hating is a right; expressing your hatred is an asshole.

Truth.

travelinbeat

« Reply #25634 on: March 07, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »
Same night as Chuck Berry at The Howard, so I'm out.  Sorry but I'll have to bow to a rock and roll legend over some halfway decent contemporary acts.

Commence hater-isms